Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,037,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I think that Bill is under a lot of stress (and I say that while chuckling ), therefore, he's not exactly the confident leader that Eric is, although it was fantastic to see his vulnerable side with Godric.
Eric is his superior and much older than Bill.

Quote:
I have no idea what is up with Sookie ... she's obviously something that is not quite human. I haven't read the books, so I really have no idea. Wouldn't mind finding out though via a dm ..
She is a telepath but she also has a physical "attribute" that is attractive to vampires. Hint; Has to do with her blood (something extra in it that they can detect).

Quote:
but Eric rules in the smoking hot department.
We should be seeing his "world-class" butt very soon - I have a feeling the end of this season will have Eric losing his memory as he "takes care" of Maryann - if true, they are not following the books completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Because of the Mary-Ann storyline, I'm almost to the point of writing this series off as I did Lost. It's not adding anything to the story in anyway that I can see. If I'm missing something, please let me know.
They've changed things a bit from the books. She wasn't such a central character in the books. She hurt Sookie, had some fun with Sam and killed a few people at a cabin (those that had killed Layfette in the book).

I agree, she needs to go and I think Eric will be the one to do it, which is how he will lose his memory (again, not following the books).

Quote:
I'm not sure he even likes Sookie
The both love Sookie and will put their lives on the line to save her.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:09 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,273,661 times
In case, TB does not follow the book, please mark threads with "spoiler alert" if you're going to relate events from the book. Actually, I think there's a thread started for those who have read the books. I like to be surprised.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Sorry bout that. I would edit if I could. The books are really good and very funny.

One thing about Godric - in the books he is not the Sheriff of area 9 and he is NOT the peace loving vampire as portrayed on TV - he is a child molester/killer and even though he did save Sookie and volunteered to "burn", she agreed that him burning was a good thing.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:58 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,658,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry bout that. I would edit if I could. The books are really good and very funny.

One thing about Godric - in the books he is not the Sheriff of area 9 and he is NOT the peace loving vampire as portrayed on TV - he is a child molester/killer and even though he did save Sookie and volunteered to "burn", she agreed that him burning was a good thing.

Its too bad...I thought Godric was great...kind of a "ying" to Eric's "yang"..The sad part is, You had a Vampire that had most of Human history as his backstory...and you kill him off after 3 episodes!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:31 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,412,679 times
QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO READ THE BOOKS!!!

I can't wait for Alcide and Quinn to be introduced! Who do you think should be cast for their parts?
My opinion:
Alcide - David Boreanaz
Quinn - Vin Diesel.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,253,013 times
Default Trube Blood, Alan Ball rips off Wicker Man?

Wow, I have generally thought that this season has been over the top, not as good as season 1 and generally going downhill as the season progresses but again Wow. Last night was sort of awful. Whats Sookie going to do next? Grow wings? Fly?
The whole sacrifice and Twig Man thing = Wicker Man! So they ripped off a movie that had to be one of the worst movies made in the last 5 years.
I watched but it more like not being able to turn away from a train wreck.
There is too much momentum from Vampire popularity in general and the Paris Hilton crowd to slow down TB's success but really, this seemed like a 5th season Jump the Shark episode.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,165,425 times
Not the best episode I've seen, but entertaining nonetheless. Of course the first scene was the best IMO... Eric/lips/fangs!

Giesela, I get what you're saying about being over the top, and for any other show I'd agree, but isn't this show just one shark jump after the other - I mean, it's supposed to be ridiculously campy, right?

Anyway, they've introduced the Queen - or at least her bloody leg. I assume she's going to take care of Maryanne and for that I'm happy!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,134,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
Not the best episode I've seen, but entertaining nonetheless. Of course the first scene was the best IMO... Eric/lips/fangs!

Giesela, I get what you're saying about being over the top, and for any other show I'd agree, but isn't this show just one shark jump after the other - I mean, it's supposed to be ridiculously campy, right?

Anyway, they've introduced the Queen - or at least her bloody leg. I assume she's going to take care of Maryanne and for that I'm happy!
I thought it was entertaining too. I hated so many of the creepy eyes, but I thought Hoyt's mom, Andy, Jason and Terry were hilarious. And yes, it is supposed to be campy. It's about supernaturals, not the next door neighbors.

I need to start skipping some posts on here though since I don't want to know what happens and I accidently read that one of my favorites died. Blah.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:27 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,273,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I thought it was entertaining too. I hated so many of the creepy eyes, but I thought Hoyt's mom, Andy, Jason and Terry were hilarious. And yes, it is supposed to be campy. It's about supernaturals, not the next door neighbors.

I need to start skipping some posts on here though since I don't want to know what happens and I accidently read that one of my favorites died. Blah.
I agree. A simple "spoiler alert" at the top of the post would allow those that don't want TMI to choose whether or not to read further. Or, use DM if you want to know what happens. There were separate threads last year. I didn't appreciate knowing that Godric died before the fact. It's good the series did not follow the book as far as Godric's character was concerned. If it had, we would have missed the heart rendering exchange between Godric, Eric and Sookie on the rooftop.

Terry was indeed hilarious last night. The scene with Jason (missing the horns) and dispersing the crazies with the flares was a riot.

TB w/o book refs:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/48...eferences.html
TB w/spoiler alert:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/42...-spoilers.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV