Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
LOL-I thought I was the only one who thought that!! I still like the show, but I did notice that she's into gender specific things recently.
There was one episode where Kate was talking about how Joel liked to smell her perfume and was so interested in what clothes she was wearing. Then on the last one, Jon knew before they went into the woods that Joel wouldn't like that, and he didn't. There were other instances where they just seemed so clueless that he very well may be gay. I'm gay, and my mother told me she suspected such as far back as Kindergarten. Kate seems very rigid in her religous views, so that's why I say "poor Joel".

Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
At first I enjoyed watching the family and the darling children, but now the show is only about what freebee they're getting that week.
Furthermore, I don't care how many times Jon and Kate renew their vows, it's only a matter of time until Kate belittles Jon once too often. She treats him like one of the children and I predict one day he'll have had enough.
Yeah....I predict one night he'll drive off in that bigass van and become an annonymous snow boarder bum somewhere so he won't have to pay child support. Then she'll have a nervous break down on camera because she'll realize that everyone in America has seen her life on camera and no man would want any part of that.

I can't stand that lady. Jon seems like a good guy but he's the odd man out in nearly every situation. It's like he doesn't matter. He seems like he wants to have fun with his life (reference the ski vacation) but it's like he has his balls tethered to the front porch. Let's all pray that one day he figures out that he can cut the rope.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
I just saw a commerial that they are getting two puppies. That should be funny as puppies go to the bathroom and chew on everything. Guess they will be outside

Old 02-19-2009, 09:59 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
I think her narration tone on the washer and dryer episode has changed dramatically. I never really liked Kate, but I think Kate has lost the bit of humbleness that she had. Her tone seemed to be smug and satisfied and not surprised about getting all those appliances.

I think I would still have that sense of wonderment to have a house that large on property that expansive, but I myself get the sense she got over everything quite quickly and felt that it was naturally expected to progress to this level.

I read all the comments on here about that episode, and I can say that I detect a much more different Kate, in my opinion.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 AM

Kate went from a Mom who had 6 children at once to this Mega stars or she things she is. It was a fun ride to the top I wonder if it will be as fun going down. She isn't a star as she is in a realty show which even for those like Hogan's or Osbornes who had done something in the entertainment field Kate hasn't. I really waiting to see their kids show up in commerials or TV shows. If they want to keep the pace they are going they are going to have to branch out with more than this show. Look at the Olsen's. I don't see any of their children being actors because they whine and cry all the time. Maddy would get kicked off and Cara just doesn't seem to like the limelight. Guess Kate better get sewing the Gosselin Cothing line. Clothes that kids wear when they aren't allowed to get dirty.. or sick.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:20 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
To all those saying Jon will end up leaving.....fat chance!

Can you imagine his child support payment? I wonder what judges do in that case- they can't garnish 80% of his paycheck. Or would they?
I said this a long time ago.
Both Jon & Kate know they are in it for the long haul, or as you say until 18.

Yes, a judge would make him pay if Kate kept the kids, Jon would have very little for himself.

Child support doesn't care what you need to live on.
There is a formula for how much you make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Kinda hard to garnish a paycheck when you don't have a job. And if they got divorced, I don't think there would be too many requests to hear him speak. And of course his part in the show would be cut.

NEW SHOW: Bye Bye Jon Says Kate + 8
Funny! love the show title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I think her narration tone on the washer and dryer episode has changed dramatically. I never really liked Kate, but I think Kate has lost the bit of humbleness that she had. Her tone seemed to be smug and satisfied and not surprised about getting all those appliances.

I think I would still have that sense of wonderment to have a house that large on property that expansive, but I myself get the sense she got over everything quite quickly and felt that it was naturally expected to progress to this level.

I read all the comments on here about that episode, and I can say that I detect a much more different Kate, in my opinion.
I enjoyed the washer episode.
Enjoyed watching the kids try to paint.

You could see how some of it was edited.. like they'd show kids or Kate/Jon saying something the wall wasn't painted much, then they'd show something else, go back to Jon & Kate, wall had more paint, then back to not much paint.

IDK, I didn't see what everyone else did with the washer/dryers.
I thought she'd be ranting from what i read here, she was talking.

Kate has a very dry sense of humor. If you have one you realize this. I'm not saying you.. I mean in general.

After waiting the same amount of time for my washer & dryer, I understood where she was coming from when the truck pulled up.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:54 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,734 times
The washer/dryer thing was just product placement. They went on and on about how great they were. Wonder how much the co. got for that one? I used to like the show, but it's changed so much. Not interesting, just anger-inducing in me anymore. Reality? Not anymore.
I think I'm even done with these threads. No need to aggravate my blood pressure unnecessarily!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:54 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I just saw a commerial that they are getting two puppies. That should be funny as puppies go to the bathroom and chew on everything. Guess they will be outside
Poor puppies - I just don't see Kate being a dog person - lateley she barely seems like a people person. I'm betting it's a stunt to lure in the viewers, at the dogs' expense. Honestly, can you see Kate cooking in the kitchen with two dogs staring at her the whole time? She'd go ballistic. (I have one dog and that's what she does when we cook, and I don't mind at all).

Old 02-19-2009, 03:20 PM

She most likley wants to get a dog before the President does. I can't see her with an animal either. I saw the dogs so I don't know what kind they are but they look like they would be bigger dogs. Dog hair on anything will not do. What is she going to tell the kids when the dog gets into something that she is going to throw the dog away like she did when the gum got on the blanket.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:19 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
The thing is she is such a clean finantic....can she really handle a dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV