Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:23 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,430,771 times

Advertisements

^The first episode is on Wednesday, September 26 at 9:00pm - NBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 06:10 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,562,269 times
I hope there's substance and it's not just an attempt to let special effects carry the show. I can't say I remember a lot about the Bionic Woman show from the 70s but I hope to see another sci-fi type show do will on NBC.

Seems like they are really trying to put a hurting on Smallville.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:05 PM

660 posts, read 2,445,452 times
ive never seen the original bionic show but the girl whos playing bionic woman is Zoe from the english soap eastenders

Old 05-24-2007, 04:17 PM

389 posts, read 1,660,465 times
Im looking foward to watching it I was a fan of the Six millon Dollar man and the Bionic woman of the 70's hope they bring in Steve Austin in future shows and maybe some cameos of the original cast.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:33 PM

22,978 posts, read 28,436,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I hope there's substance and it's not just an attempt to let special effects carry the show. I can't say I remember a lot about the Bionic Woman show from the 70s but I hope to see another sci-fi type show do will on NBC.
Some of the show creators worked on another show you might have caught a few years ago called KAREN SISCO. Great show. So yes, I'm hoping this will be more han special effects and chicks fighting in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Seems like they are really trying to put a hurting on Smallville.
SMALLVILLE lost me a few years ago. When they started doing that silly Witches of Eastwick storyline I had to choose between SMALLVILLE and LOST, and it was no contest really. LOST all the way.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:36 AM

389 posts, read 1,660,465 times
You know the networks need to bring back more of those types of shows that we grew up on in the 70's.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:26 AM

22,978 posts, read 28,436,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dee View Post
You know the networks need to bring back more of those types of shows that we grew up on in the 70's.
There's been rumors of an A-Team movie floating around for years. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've heard that someone is working on a Magnum P.I. film.

What shows from the '70s or even '80s would be good for comeback? The problem I'm having is that most of what I can remember were either family sitcoms (All in the Family, Good Times, Happy Days) or shows about cops, doctors, and lawyers. Do we really need more shows about cops, doctors, and lawyers???

You know, I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid, but I remember the original pilot for Fantasy Island being scary. I seem to remember a giant snake. But then the TV series went completely campy.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:53 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,146,048 times
Mark, I remember the same thing about Fantasy Island, although I don't remember the snake I remember how I felt watching it. I rarely watched the show after that! I'd head to my room right after Love Boat

Old 05-25-2007, 05:22 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,430,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dee View Post
You got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
There's been rumors of an A-Team movie floating around for years. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've heard that someone is working on a Magnum P.I. film.

What shows from the '70s or even '80s would be good for comeback? The problem I'm having is that most of what I can remember were either family sitcoms (All in the Family, Good Times, Happy Days) or shows about cops, doctors, and lawyers. Do we really need more shows about cops, doctors, and lawyers???
Oh man, I sure hope not. I honestly think Hollywood has a serious lack of imagination these days. Not to mention, 95% of all the new movies I've seen advertised lately have been horror flicks.

I say enough is enough with the crime investigation/lawyer/police genre. ABC has really gotten my attention recently with Brothers and Sisters, as well as Men in Trees. I'd love more good, original family dramas like those.

As for 70's/80's comebacks, I'd love to see Designing Women come back, as well as Golden Girls. It could be cool to see a return of One Day at a Time, and a new version of The Brady Bunch. (I know that sounds a bit hokie, but I liked the show. )

Quote:
You know, I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid, but I remember the original pilot for Fantasy Island being scary. I seem to remember a giant snake. But then the TV series went completely campy.
They did try to bring back Fantasy Island a number of years ago (late 90's). It starred Malcolm McDowell as Mr. Roark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Mark, I remember the same thing about Fantasy Island, although I don't remember the snake I remember how I felt watching it. I rarely watched the show after that! I'd head to my room right after Love Boat
You must have read my mind. I was thinking about Love Boat as well.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:30 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,562,269 times
Quote:
Some of the show creators worked on another show you might have caught a few years ago called KAREN SISCO. Great show. So yes, I'm hoping this will be more han special effects and chicks fighting in the rain.

SMALLVILLE lost me a few years ago. When they started doing that silly Witches of Eastwick storyline I had to choose between SMALLVILLE and LOST, and it was no contest really. LOST all the way.

It would be great if they adopted a rule of law like smallville did (no tights and no flight)- obviously there were sequences where they allowed it (the flying part). I just have this bad feeling it's going to end up like the WB show "Cat Woman" only b/c who ever brings these shows to air really misjudges the sci-fi crowd.

Great sci-fi shows of recent memory, I really liked the "Invisible Man" on SCI-FI channel and Enterprise (but we know UPN just got tired of the franchise). If they go deep instead of to shallow I think Bionic Woman will be cool- and I agree, a few cameos by Lindsay Wagner would be a great touch.

Incidentally you should consider Smallville again- I remember the stretch of episodes you're refering to- it's gotten a lot better, it's darker and gritter (no the high school Clark trying to make the football team). So it's clearly showing the challenges of a very dark world Superman will need to protect...anyway different thread

Anyw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV