Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 07:17 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times

Advertisements

I was yelling at the TV last night, "That's BS!" I can't believe who got voted off and who did not.

As for Crystal, she is a good singer, but she will not last much longer. America does not keep voting for any female with tattoos, dredlocks, sourpuss personalities, or things piercing their faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:40 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
As for Crystal, she is a good singer, but she will not last much longer.
I don't think Crystal will last long either.

Somoene sent me a message that maybe she wasn't feeling well and the show must go on. Well, part of "the show must go on" is performing as if you're not sick---still smiling, etc. She can't be an American Idol if she doesn't have the stamina. If she thinks this is hard, just imagine a recording contract and touring the country. People aren't going to pay money to see her if her shows always get cancelled or if she's not energetic and smiling during her concerts.

I give her credit for pushing through, but most voters don't even know she has diabetes. Most voters don't read American Idol news or participate on internet forums. They'll think---"yeah, she can sing, but I don't like her because she doesn't have the right personality."

Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I was totally shocked when they announced Lilly Scott was going home, as was Lilly and probably most of the contestants. I really thought she'd make it to the final four also. She had a unique style, different and interesting voice, confidence, stage presence. I really thought she's go far. I don't get that one at all.
Even though I'm very attracted to singers with a unique style and a different voice, I did NOT like Lilly. I don't like Didi either.

And Katie reminds me of Tatiana. Even though she's not weird like Katiana, it could hurt her that she looks somewhat like her.

Last edited by Hopes; 03-12-2010 at 08:38 AM..

Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Even though I'm very attracted to singers with a unique style and a different voice, I did NOT like Lilly. I don't like Didi either.

And Katie reminds me of Katiana. Even though she's not weird like Katiana, it could hurt her that she looks somewhat like her.

Totally thinking the same thing about Katie.....However I do like Crystal.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Totally thinking the same thing about Katie.....However I do like Crystal.
Glad I wasn't the only one who saw the Tatiana resemblance!

I like Crystal too. I just hope she gets it together! There's too much at stake!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:04 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,556,049 times
I am totally shocked about Lily. She was a Top Four I thought for sure. The only girls that may have been better than her are Crystal and Sioban, IMO. LOL what a joke!

And the whole Tim Urban thing is getting equally embarrassing.

I've also noticed, pretty much from the beginning, that Crystal seems to be quite cold and doesn't really display joy. The most you'll get out of her is she'll crack a smile.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,094 times
Lily was a joke....she reminds me of Katy Perry....ever heard Katy Perry live...well she is awful. Completely, totally awful. Thank goodness for digital sound work. I think Lily was trying to play the whole Cyndi Lauper thing, just didn't work for her.

That Sioboun girl she is ok too, but Crystal has the voice. Again everyone close your eyes and listen to the singers. Get their looks out of your mind as we all pre judge on looks first.

Big Mike & Casey stand out the most, true Andrew guy peaked to soon and now he just can't seem to recover.

Everyone else is totally forgettable to me right now. Oh, that one girl that sang horriable randition of "Smile" why is she still here?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:24 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,750 times
Alex should not have gone. Plain and simple. Great tone to his voice. Him leaving really takes what little fun was in it for me away.

Crystal did look sick last night. Pale and weak looking. I think often times her absence of smiles though is due to her teeth.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,921,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
Crystal did look sick last night. Pale and weak looking. I think often times her absence of smiles though is due to her teeth.
Her diabetes could be playing havoc with her. Maybe the stress of the competition is making her diabetes worse.

As for Alex being kicked off, he was a part of the mediocrity pack. He just reminds me of a John Mayer warbler..nice for one song but a snooze for anything more than that.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:45 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,999,223 times
Personally, I think Chrystal is the best PERFORMER...she's got the best voice, and is totally natural on stage....
but, her lack of any emotion lately may do her in....
There are no other girls who can come close to her vocal ability at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV