Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2010, 07:01 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,726,524 times

Advertisements

I thought Big Mike's song was AWESOME. He was great. I loved it.

I love Chrystal also. I thought she looked very relieved to have made it. She looked like she needed that seat.

So the Cindy Lauper look alike is gone. I don't even know her name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 07:05 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,032,244 times
What was wrong with Chrystal tonight? At the end of the show, she looked positively MISERABLE! Is she still ill? She's got the most natural talent of ANY of the contestants, but her demeanor sure didn't reflect that tonight!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:38 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,400,521 times
Yeah - the mom in me wants to write her a note and tell her to remember she is ON STAGE all the time from now till this show is over. She stuck out in her misery. I hope someone gets hold of her and gives her some pointers. She is so talented, I'd hate to see her miss this. If she WAS sick, I wish they'd said something. It was weird. Ryan didn't engage her in conversation. She's the ONLY one he didn't do that with. When she sat down, she didn't hug anyone. It's just not smart. People won't vote for her no matter how talented she is. Maybe it's just nerves.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,894,592 times
Okay, I don't get it.

Lilly is sent home, but Katie gets to stay. Why?

Alex and Toddrick are sent home, but Tim gets to stay. Why?

And yeah, what the heck was wrong with Crystal??? She actually looked a bit mentally ill up there tonight.

I felt so bad for Alex, breaking down like that. I love his voice and think he is so unique. Sorry to see him go but it's probably a blessing in disguise because I don't think he has the stomach for competition and we're really only just getting started now with the final 12.

Question: So what will happen with these four who got eliminated? Is there any chance someone will pick them up and work with them toward a record deal?

Old 03-12-2010, 05:28 AM

264 posts, read 445,214 times
I'm not sure, I'm not sure how often ones OUT of the top 12 get considered for anything. Definitely in the top 10, even in the upper top 10 sometimes.. but I don't recall beyond that. Not that it doesn't happen, nothing just jumps at me.

I was very surprised Lilly went home over Katie- Lilly was mega surprised, as was a few of the contestants they zoomed to, and even Kara looked surprised. While Lilly didn't really sing songs of MY personal taste/choice/liking (simply because that's not my style) I thought her voice was very unique and good, and I enjoyed her. I think she was more consistant than Katie. Katie needs more practice and experience.

I also can't believe Tim Urban keeps staying?!

Old 03-12-2010, 06:06 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,345,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Okay, I don't get it.

Lilly is sent home, but Katie gets to stay. Why?

Alex and Toddrick are sent home, but Tim gets to stay. Why?

And yeah, what the heck was wrong with Crystal??? She actually looked a bit mentally ill up there tonight.
Same here.

I think teenage girls are voting for Tim Urban because he has "the good looks".
I was in shock after Lilly was eliminated. What a surprise! For me she should have been in the top 4, I never ever thought she would go so soon... I really hope she'll get a record deal.
I'm glad Katelyn left, she was boring and depressing, and she just didn't look happy to be there...
As for Crystal, I just think she was in shock to see who was leaving and who was staying...

Old 03-12-2010, 06:10 AM

730 posts, read 2,058,228 times
I'm also surprised that Andrew Garcia is still in the competition, but at Alex and Todrick's expense. I'm also wondering who will be able to sing great during Rolling Stones week next Tuesday.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:33 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,868,249 times
well it's official folks. american idol history has been made. the voters along with the judges have somehow managed to let ALL of their most gifted singers slip away, leaving us with the most mediocre finalists i have ever witnessed in this show's history. gone are the days where AI will have such talent as kelly clarkson, fantasia, ruben studdard, carrie underwood, etc.

maybe this is why simon is leaving, because i know i don't care anymore

Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM

235 posts, read 511,809 times
The only upset for me last night was Alex Lambert. I really liked him. I was sad to see him go...especially since Tim Urban and Casey James stayed. I think they should have left before Alex...especially Tim.

I was surprised Didi, Lacey, and Katie got to stay over Lilly. As much as I didn't really care for all of Lilly's songs, I still thought she was way better than those other girls.

Not sure what's up with Crystal. I do wonder if she's still sick. If you noticed, after her performance on Tuesday she sat down to get her criticism from the judges and then after that was over Ryan came and sat down next to her while they went to commercial break.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,851,004 times
Last night left me in shock. I was very surprised that Toddrick was eliminated. The only part of that I could understand is that he's viewed as more of a Broadway-type entertainer, which is not the same as an American Idol type.

Was sad to see Alex go but knew it would be inevitable sooner rather than later as he just has no pizzazz, no performance skills and generally not nearly enough confidence in himself. I do hope he returns for another try when he's get it all together, because he has a great voice.

I wasn't surprised by Katelyn's departure, though I would have preferred her to stay over Katie Stevens.

I was totally shocked when they announced Lilly Scott was going home, as was Lilly and probably most of the contestants. I really thought she'd make it to the final four also. She had a unique style, different and interesting voice, confidence, stage presence. I really thought she's go far. I don't get that one at all.

I think one of the reasons Katie Stevens was crying so much is because she knows that it should have been her going home and not Lilly.

I, too, noticed how weird Crystal was acting. I'm guessing that maybe she's still not all that well, and they do have a rigorous schedule that takes a toll. Also, she may not be as confident as she appears and had worked herself up in the fear that she might not make it into the Top 12 for some reason. I think it kind of scared her when Lilly Scott was sent home too, as it shows that good, unique and confident doesn't necessarily get you through. I also have a feeling that she is very different from a lot of the contestants and just can't relate to many of them on a personal level. Maybe she feels kind of isolated, misses her child, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV