Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 01:27 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,272,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Yup, I just double checked and Kris Allen did in fact win.

Adam was great and compared to this season, he is even that much better.

But...he still did NOT win.

And, are you serious about this comment: "Kris will struggle another year or so before he gives up." What are your credentials in the music industry?
I only check iTunes and Kris Allen's album is at 24. He's doing okay and certainly not struggling. Adam's album just went gold with assistance from international sales. Danny Gokey's album in the #1 spot was just released this week. Because of contractual stipulations, it might be to Adam's advantage not to have won. It doesn't make any difference now. I am confident Adam will be an international star.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 03:23 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,258,264 times
They chose Haeley because she had a different vibe from the norm. She was all perkey and bubbly and bouncy and sweet and didn't sing jazz or blues or rap or diva, etc.

Even though her voice went to really annoying places, they could tell she had raw talent and wanted to give her a chance.

She could do something different for the music industry if she gets some years of voice lessons under her belt. Her voice is just too shakey and screechy right now.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:39 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,175,721 times
Please don't H8me but did her mouth not distract you? She had an adorable personality but I was totally distracted by that. I know ..God makes us all different!

Old 03-05-2010, 04:48 PM

446 posts, read 832,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Simon should have quit last season, in protest over what AI did to Adam. They knew that 1/3 of the votes came from a single office in Arkansas, where some Kris fans had set their computers to automatically dial in votes every 20 seconds. They knew that was wrong and they should have dealt with it honorably, but they didn't. Kris is a sweet kid and I have nothing against him -- he's just not in Adam's league and no matter who you may prefer, the fact of the matter is that Kris did not win. AI lost any credibility that it had when it allowed that result to stand.
And you know this how? The rumor mill? EVERY year there are people crying, "NOT FAIR" over the winner. I like Adam, but I voted for Kris because he's just more my kind of singer/artist. I voted 400 times by text because I have AT&T. It's people like me that voted him as the winner, period. Hearsay, speculation, NO FAIR accusations should have ended oh, in May...

Just for the record, I bought Adam's album and a couple singles of Kris's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Siobhan just bugs me -- she's too darned weird looking and I'm not that impressed with her voice. It seems to me that she tries to sing deeper than she is able to sing comfortably. A handful are okay (Crystal, Didi, Lilly, Lee, Andrew, Casey) but NO ONE is a stand out in my mind.

I think Adam pretty much destroyed AI!
You don't like her because she's WEIRD looking but yet you liked Adam? That has to be one of the biggest contradictions I've EVER heard! LOL She sang pretty well...especially compared to poor Haley. At least Siobhan tries to mix things up a little....dresses differently, has her own look, pretty much like, oh, ADAM........

I don't think ADAM destroyed AI. I think the judges are doing a great job of that because they put some of the wrong people through. There were several people who could have stood out and done as well, if not better than Adam.

I, personally, think Adam didn't win last year because there are a lot of homophobes in the US and that hurt him. I'm not saying that's right, because it's NOT....it's just the way it is. The media had a field day showing pictures of him kissing a man, risque pics from photo shoots, etc....THAT had a huge impact on the end result of the show.

I think Kris just appealed to more people because he's just more down to earth, more hometown kid, if you will.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Status: "Every Vote Counts. Soon maybe bend a knee" (set 2 days ago)

938 posts, read 1,235,409 times
Red face Ellen D. - Leave Idol - UNHAPPY

Having become a music talent junkie, I have experienced "American Idol", America's Got Talent", followed away "British Got Talent" and one other which shines above all the rest. Which show is it: "XFactor". The show rocks. The acts are well staged and the dancers among the best. The last season was way above the wonder that can be expected. I could only experience the capsule version shared with you tube but their gathering of talent was among the best to include: Stacey Solomon, Joe, a british teacher, barroom singer and a variety of others. You have to go to "You Tube" and bring up XFactor you will enjoy some of the music clips and the celebrity critiques. Sorry Ellen but could you return to daytime TV you as a music critic is about as believeable as you being serious in the selection of talent. The show has got to be on the way out it lacks seriousness and real talent and the tone of the show goes with the tone of your ridiculous attitude. Ellen your a wonder like I wonder why you contaminate the show when you are among the best in your daytime slot. Sorry Love you but you are out of your element here. Incidentally if you would like to try Dancin' with the stars I'll watch. Please leave American Idol. Don't misunderstand you are witty and fun but added to this show your levity is not very good. Ellen D. fans don't get upset she is a comedian rich with talent but hurts the show.

Last edited by Norm Barnes; 03-05-2010 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Sensitivity to term you suck

Old 03-05-2010, 04:58 PM

446 posts, read 832,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Think back besides Kelly and Adam, does anyone really remember or support the other 6 season winners?
Carrie Underwood makes more money than both of them combined I think...she's gone from country farm girl to mega rich in the blink of an eye. Aside from that, I really have to think about it....Kellie Pickler goes on tour a lot but I don't know how she's doing in the C&W world...she didn't win, but just throwing her out there. David Cook....I loved, LOVED him during the season, eh, liked his album ok....think he's got the potential to be SUPER hot, but we'll see. OH, and my favorite, Chris Daughtry. I know, he didn't win, but he's really, really good. I may be partial since he's from NC, but that aside, I really like his band and their music.

Otherwise, yeah...shrug...not much going on for the rest of them, huh? It's sad, kinda....

Old 03-05-2010, 05:37 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,064,101 times
Like anyone here can do anything about your feelings towards her on the show? Maybe write the producers for the show and express your opinions. I'm sure she's not reading CD and I'm sure the producers from the show aren't either - so go to the source if you're so unhappy about her on the show. I don't even watch shows like that, but do know that you 'personally addressing Ellen' like she's sitting at her screen reading your post, well, is not going to have any effect whatsoever though JMO

Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,175,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
Carrie Underwood makes more money than both of them combined I think...she's gone from country farm girl to mega rich in the blink of an eye. Aside from that, I really have to think about it....Kellie Pickler goes on tour a lot but I don't know how she's doing in the C&W world...she didn't win, but just throwing her out there. David Cook....I loved, LOVED him during the season, eh, liked his album ok....think he's got the potential to be SUPER hot, but we'll see. OH, and my favorite, Chris Daughtry. I know, he didn't win, but he's really, really good. I may be partial since he's from NC, but that aside, I really like his band and their music.

Otherwise, yeah...shrug...not much going on for the rest of them, huh? It's sad, kinda....
About a year ago I was in Panera bread (restaurant here in Greensboro) I was in line behind Chris and two kids (one was his) Looked like the kids were coming from a soccer game or practice. No one bothered him but all knew who he was! I was surprised he was so short! It seems as though most of celebrity men of late seem to be 5'7ish!

Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,888,019 times
Ellen is so much better than Paula. Ellen's comments come from the heart, Paula's comments came from a pill bottle.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,575,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Haeley was horriable from the beginning, they let a lot of great talent go walking during Hollywood week. I think the network and the judges feared the talent that some of them had. Very sad, I will not return to viewing Idol after this season. Heck, I might not even make it through the rest of this season. Ellen, she was put on the judges table to bring the viewers voice, Kara although she is a song writer...that is all she is. Randy "dawg" act is getting old, and last of all Simon...although he is mean, we have to rememeber he has been in this industry for a long time and creates very good talent. Trouble is now days there is little "original" talent to choose from any more. That is where the Kelly's and Adam's come into play. We all knew Adam was going to get a contract regardless of his defeat. Think back besides Kelly and Adam, does anyone really remember or support the other 6 season winners? I didn't think so. Crystal (IMHO) has that raw talent, where she could sing a pop song, rock song, blues song or a jazz song and still make it sound her own. No, I don't care for her appearance. But, I don't judge a book by it's cover either. Next time she signs, close your eyes for a few moments and listen. You can't tell what she looks like. Our society needs to break the wall down from labeling people because of their look, style or whatever. What did our parents tell us as young children....we can be ANYTHING we want to be we just have to want it bad enough. Crystal wants it. I hope to see her through this, if she gets eliminated I hope something good comes from it. Just like Daughtry, that guy had some chops & talent in one brightly bowed box and American sent him home.
Crystal isn't ugly at all. In fact she has great bone structure! If she got her teeth fixed, and put on a little makeup she could be a knockout.

I would LOVE to get my paws on her and give her a makeover! It'd be easy..high cheekbones, little nose, and nice lips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV