Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 PM

18,077 posts, read 27,533,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
what is wrong w/ the sound??? the mike keeps going out. this stage is HIDEOUS. Where's the awesome stage from last year? ...
I agree! What is WITH the stage? It looks like a big simon! Remember? That memory game?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:08 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,067,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Worst. Season. Ever.

Simon knows what he is doing by leaving the show. There isn't much talent left to explore and there won't be anyone who can come close to vocals of Adam Lambert and Jennifer Hudson.
I agree...there isn't much to be desiried about Idol anymore. The whole dynamics of it has changed. Is it only me but does Ryan Seacrest seem over the top and obnoxious--his personality is getting to be larger than Simons to me...you can tell Simon is over this whole show. And I think the chemistry between the 4 is not like what it was like with the original 3, with these 4 everyone is asking each other who is going to speak first. They aren't in unison--everything is off....I love Randy but the old dude trying to be young routine is kinda old. And who is this Kara chick??? Where did she come from???

Whoever posted that big Simon game earlier--THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!! The stage does look like that now.

I hate how the kids are forced to sing some bubble gum pop song--I can't stand to watch or listen to that!!!!! Its like Mickey mouse club gone wild

Old 02-26-2010, 04:24 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,850,792 times
I don't know what's wrong this year. I find myself fast-forwarding through almost all the shows. It voted for a few of the guys but I didn't find any of the girls that great (the opposite of what I'm supposed to think, from what I've read). Ellen is funny but it doesn't seem to match the rest of the show. I actually like all the judges but something is missing and it doesn't feel like it's Paula. It's clearly time for them to stop making this show, but I'm sure they'll keep trying to keep as many people interested as possible.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:11 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,205,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Worst. Season. Ever.

Simon knows what he is doing by leaving the show. There isn't much talent left to explore and there won't be anyone who can come close to vocals of Adam Lambert and Jennifer Hudson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I agree...there isn't much to be desiried about Idol anymore. The whole dynamics of it has changed. Is it only me but does Ryan Seacrest seem over the top and obnoxious--his personality is getting to be larger than Simons to me...you can tell Simon is over this whole show. And I think the chemistry between the 4 is not like what it was like with the original 3, with these 4 everyone is asking each other who is going to speak first. They aren't in unison--everything is off....I love Randy but the old dude trying to be young routine is kinda old. And who is this Kara chick??? Where did she come from???
Is Simon leaving? If so, that explains why Ryan is hinting to us about problems with Simon. First, he hinted there was a problem with Simon and Ellen not sitting together. Second, he hinted there was a problem by saying that there was a New York Post article about Simon. Third, he hinted that the rumor was that everyone thinks Simon is being too critical.

Maybe there is a reason the singers are terrible and that reason might be linked to why Simon is leaving. Maybe the show cut back on staffing for things like voice trainers and advisors for the contestants.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:14 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,205,669 times
Here! I found why Ryan was making a comment about the rumor is people think judging is too mean:

People in the News: Patti LaBalle calls some 'American Idol' judges unqualified

Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,698,653 times
They voted off 2 of the hottest girls on the show. The girls cant sing so what else is left to watch?

Old 02-26-2010, 06:04 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,570,387 times
That Joe kid was good, I can't believe he got cut!

Old 02-26-2010, 06:05 AM

I cant believe the other kid didnt get cut..the one that got called back to be on the show again. He sucks. I sing better than him when im in the shower.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:09 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,570,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I cant believe the other kid didnt get cut..the one that got called back to be on the show again. He sucks. I sing better than him when im in the shower.
He shoulda been cut for sure, but he's cute soooo......

I'm not loving Ellen btw. I thought she'd just be there to offer a little comic relief, but she tries to act like a professional and it's all a bit disingenuous to me.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:13 AM

Hay they kept saying you know what happend to kara. What happened to her? They mentioned her husband was in the audience, but didnt say what for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV