Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 AM

235 posts, read 512,458 times

Advertisements

I liked Siobhan and Crystal last night. The rest were just bad or semi-okay.

This season totally bites so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 AM

1,904 posts, read 4,000,244 times
I turned it off after hearing the judges contradict themselves one too many times!! I'll be checking in hear for updates to see if it gets any better but I am definitely turning it off for a while.

I think Kris Allen and Adam Lambert definitely set the bar too high. That, and the news of Simon leaving just totally killed this season.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:58 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,310,736 times
I liked Crystal last night. This season has been weird for me, the judges said at the beginning that this was the most talented group ever, I just don't see it. Then the contradiction from the judges, "be orginal", "you were to original" "sing this song, oh sorry it didn't work for you" they need to make up their minds. Either you want the contestants to take a song a make it their own or you don't. Drives me batty.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,424,928 times
I like Crystal when she doesn't have the harmonica strapped around her neck. It was cool once. I hope she has the sense to not do it again.

btw, why is the audience soooooooooo small this year? There's drama missing due to the lack of a loud audience!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,930,846 times
Simon sits there thinking, "Only a few more weeks and I will be outta here."
Kara sits there thinking, "Ok, now I have to flirt with Simon because the producers want me to spice things up this season."
Ellen is sitting there thinking, "I thought this was going to be a fun gig. Wow, I'm disappointed."
Randy is sitting there thinking "Dawg my feet hurt in these Berluti's. I'm never buying ready made shoes again."

Old 03-04-2010, 09:43 AM

5,123 posts, read 16,647,662 times
Siobhan-Finally! Someone who will put some personality into their performance. What a vocal talent. I like that she's kinda quirky.

Paige-Loved her rendition. She has beautiful eyes. Great performance. She reminds me of Kimberly Locke.

Crystal - Seems very true to herself and her style of music. I hope she stays around a long time.

Lilly-Kind of an unusual sounding voice, but I like her uniqueness.

I wanted Didi to do better. What a disappointment.

Much better performances this week for the girls.

I have an idea, why don't the judges give each contestant 3 song choices each week to choose from? If the contestant stays on the show, the list of songs from the previous week will carryover into the next week and the list just gets longer each week.

I'm tired of hearing "you picked the wrong song." For the most part, these singers are amateurs. They need some guidance.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,898,353 times
Agree that the conflicting messages the judges are giving is really confusing and frustrating the contestants.

Kara and Randy have always been idiots. This is nothing new. Ellen is better than I thought she'd be but given she has no voice experience or knowledge, she's really an inappropriate choice. She's doing well given her limitations in that area.

I also think it's so unethical for the judges to tell a contestant "you should sing/act instead, cause you're cute, but that's about it -- you can't sing." How devastating to say something like that, and why? It's the judges' fault if someone is up there at this point and can't sing -- the judges PUT THEM THERE in the first place! Why not just say "sorry, that performance wasn't good enough to keep you in the competition." No need to tell people they can't sing.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:17 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,591,910 times
After my 1st 1st...I still think it but I ended up really liking Siobhan. Quirky but a great voice.

No stand outs yet.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM

497 posts, read 1,181,281 times
This is shaping up to be one lousy season. They sat there last night and annihilated Haeley. Simon was especially nasty and I would have kissed Seacrest for calling him on it. The girl had already stood there and kept a smile on her face through all 4 judges brutal critiques. Then, Cowell just had to throw that last mean spirited jab. Uncalled for and I would like to remind the judges that YOU are the ones who put these contestants through. I questioned Haeley from day one. She is simply too young and not ready. Some good singers were sent home while some poor performers were kept.

I am sick to death of Randy's "dawg" and "I don't know" and "just didn't do it for me" "what do you think E?"

Ellen adds nothing. She's not even funny and her faltering speech is annoying.

Kara...Anyone else notice how when she's not speaking, she pouches her lips? Everytime I see her, she's doing that and I will lay money it is a look she has cultivated and worked on. Pouchy, pouty lips accentuates the cheekbones. I hate it. It is so phony. Oh, and someone needs to tell her that her hair skinned back like that makes her ears stick out. She actually makes me miss Paula. At least Paula was honest and real.

Cowell should have quit last season.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:37 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,424,928 times
The fact that we're critiquing the judges more than the singers really says something about this season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV