Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 05:39 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,326,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4change View Post
How do you come up with homophobia from Kara sitting close to Simon? Maybe he just smells better, regardless, that you would insinuate something like that from that little information shows just as much narrow mindedness from you than any homophobe.
Narrow minded? Doubtful.

Her leaning towards Simon could truly be leaning away from Ellen.

I think it's also pretty telling that Ryan pointed out something was wrong by asking Kara why she was leaning towards Simon.

Afterall, Kara wasn't leaning towards Simon until AFTER the seating was changed and Ellen was placed next to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 05:52 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,928,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Narrow minded? Doubtful.

Her leaning towards Simon could truly be leaning away from Ellen.

I think it's also pretty telling that Ryan pointed out something was wrong by asking Kara why she was leaning towards Simon.

Afterall, Kara wasn't leaning towards Simon until AFTER the seating was changed and Ellen was placed next to her.
Sorry, Kara may be annoying and icky, but I don't think she's homophobic. She's been in the music industry for years, and I'm sure she has her share of homosexual friends. And besides both Ellen and Kara are married women, what's there to be afraid of? I just think the producers asked her to start flirting with Simon, because the panel is flat and they know it. There's no chemistry between any of them. Even though Paula acted like a dingbat sometimes, I miss her this season.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:39 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,729,100 times
Would I pay $30 to see any of these folks in concert? Nope.
I like crystal (or whatever the harmonica singer's name is) and I thought the one who looks like Cindi Lauper was good this week. Otherwise, pffft.

I was really glad to see Danny. He finally seems like a happy man. I'm glad he's going onward and forward. Wish him well. He so deserves it.

I think it's interesting that they've had #1, 3 and 4 from last year on the show. Where's Adam?

Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,326,969 times
I'm so glad Haley is finally gone. I feel badly for her even getting as far as she did. She has to go back to high school after singing so terribly. Kids are going to make fun of her.

She's a super cute, super sweet girl. She does have potential. It was just too soon. She needs music lessons to learn how to control her voice. It's so shakey and screechy.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,403,034 times
Quote:
At least Simon admitted that they have been giving conflicting advice.

As for Kara and Simon, it looks more to me like Kara is a homophobe---more her trying to lean away from Ellen than her wanting to be closer to Simon.

Kara just does not connect with Ellen like she does the other women who have been on the show.

I really think that Kara is uncomfortable with Ellen's homosexuality.
You may have nailed it.
it IS really weird. One never knows...

Last edited by R_Cowgirl; 03-04-2010 at 10:42 PM..

Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,403,034 times
Quote:
I'm so glad Haley is finally gone. I feel badly for her even getting as far as she did. She has to go back to high school after singing so terribly. Kids are going to make fun of her.

She's a super cute, super sweet girl. She does have potential. It was just too soon. She needs music lessons to learn how to control her voice. It's so shakey and screechy.
I doubt they will make fun of her. She's "famous" and a "celebrity" - kids in high school think that is cool. You could be a "star" on a YouTube video that went viral and they think that's cool. She'll be very popular. And hopefully she'll get some voice lessons. She's still a puppy. 16 is so young to be thrown into that world. I'm glad she was voted off just for that reason. Hopefully she'll try out for whatever is out there when she's a little more mature and her voice is more steady. She's got the spirit to do it, and we haven't heard the last of her -- or any of the contestants who made it this far.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:46 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,349,829 times
No big surprise concerning who left last night.
I think the red-haired girl (Lacey? Can't remember her name) is next to go, she has an annoying voice. But I'm afraid young girls will vote for Tim Urban, who should go too...

Old 03-05-2010, 06:29 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,583,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
No big surprise concerning who left last night.
I think the red-haired girl (Lacey? Can't remember her name) is next to go, she has an annoying voice. But I'm afraid young girls will vote for Tim Urban, who should go too...
I think the red haired girl sucks. She shoulda gone last night. The other girl who went home (Hispanic?) with the curly hair was much better than her.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 AM

235 posts, read 511,957 times
The only one that surprised me a little last night was Michelle. She's certainly better than Lacey and Didi. I don't think she had a chance of winning it all, but she should have lasted longer than those other two.

As for the men, I was not surprised. I think Todrick and Tim Urban should go next week.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:27 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,361,676 times
Wow. This season is awful!! Ellen sticks out like a sore thumb....I might as well sit in her seat lol since me and her have ZERO musical experience LOL>>>>She should go back to her own TV Show. She is funny, don't get me wrong, but doesn't give the best advice....just like an amateur would do!

Crystal Bowersox isn't all that! UGH. I cannot believe SImon thinks she is so great!! Her dreadlocks and 2 missing side teeth make her look unprofessional!! UGH! THe guys stink this year too! No one sticks out at all!

I like Siobhan from Cape Cod !!and Katy.............

It won't be the same without Simon next year. I think next year will be it for the whole show....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV