Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times

Advertisements

There are 2 episodes of Northern Exposure that will always be fried into my brain:

the one where Rick gets fused with a satellite
the flinging cow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,012,042 times
An episode of Chicago Hope, Jeremy Piven is a patient with a painful erection, things steadily get worse for him as the show progresses.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 PM

427 posts, read 1,387,340 times
The episode Blink from season 3 of doctor who. First time in a long time an episode was truely scary.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:14 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
Must be a lot of youngsters posting in this thread, nothing older (not sure which iteration of "Doctor Who" was referenced) than the early '90s. Kudos to the "Mad About You" reference. I always watched and recorded that show.

Some of my favorites;

1. Barney Miller, too many to recall them all. But two that stand out; in one a gun store has been robbed of automatic weapons and other high military hardware. Wojo brings in a guy who tried to rob a bank with a bazooka and the robber is shell shocked, to say the least. He asks Wojo if he'd ever fired "one of those things?"

Wojo says "sure, in Viet Nam". The guy says "oh, sure OUTSIDE."

In another a complainint (I think it may be the gun shop owner, but I don't think it's the same episode) complains about the cops not having stuff under control. Chano (a Cuban-American) tells him, "hey, you want to see where the cops have everything under control? Go to Miami, turn left and go 90 miles. There the cops have EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL.

2. Sports Night. The episode where the guys are arguing with the network "suit" about cutting away to a tennis tournament or something lame on the day that a marathoner, who'd spent 1/2 his life in a South African apartheid jail, is winning the a big marathon. They defy him and cover the end of the race and just before the finish of the race the divorced guy (can't remember which one) calls his ex wife and tells her to get his 10 year son out of bed because it's his chance to see history being made.

That was one great series.

3. Any Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 AM

609 posts, read 1,259,737 times
oooh! theres an episode of southpark too. yeah...i said it. lol.

the episode where cartman gets kenny to flip around in his hoodie so his butts sticking out for the yearbook picture and then cartman puts it on the milk carton lol. i laughed so hard i almost peed. few people had seen it lol. i kept asking people if theyd seen it and it seems no one was watching tv that night...but they've caught up

Old 04-20-2010, 11:32 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,272,571 times
On Star Trek TNG when Data laughs...too funny.

YouTube - Star Trek - Data laughing

Old 04-20-2010, 11:36 AM

897 posts, read 1,688,029 times
I liked the Brady Bunch episode where Joe Namath made an appearance.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:42 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,947,317 times
The episode of South Park where Cartman pretends to be mentally handicapped so he can enter the Special Olympics. Highlarious.

Pretty much every Simpson's Halloween special episodes.

The Little Rascals/Our Gang episode where Wheezer uses a bell to find his lost puppies.

Episode of the old tv show Soap where Corinne's baby was possessed by the Devil.

Old 02-02-2023, 12:13 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,553,512 times
The series pilot of (Bill Bixby) The Incredible Hulk..
It was basically a movie, introducing the TV series.
I watch it again every couple years, and even bought the
corny paperback book version of it..

There are also some specific episodes of the '90s Outer Limits I like a lot, and watch over & over..

Old 02-03-2023, 03:14 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Those two epis of "ER" were fabulous. I balled my eyes out when Mark Greene died.

I cried again when during the final few episodes Rachel, Mark's daughter came back to County as a med student. I guess Mark really did "fix Rachel".

My most memorable TV episode is from Sex and the City and it's when Carrie Bradshaw breaks up with Aiden after having the affair with "Big".
Another ER episode I would add is the one with this content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbGT_DDP86Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV