Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 AM

1,439 posts, read 2,926,327 times

Advertisements

Good gravy that was a wacky DWTS last night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Brandy is off the show. Something about her dominant, control freakish, fake smile rubbed me the wrong way...but dang I was hoping for a Jennifer vs Brandy showdown.

I'll continue to watch for Jennifer because she is a beautiful dancer, but if Bristol (I don't care to use birth control because the laws of nature do not apply to people like me...) wins... I'll be so over this show, faster than you can say "Sarah Palin likes to kill endangered wolves".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,097,198 times
This link tells the whole story. Palin's supporters have actually organized a campaign and are telling the people how to cheat the vote.

Totally disgusting. Unbelievable. and...........and..................... ....!

Democratic Underground - How Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is Cheating The DWTS Voting System - Democratic Underground

Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,030,953 times
I have never watched this show. But Apparently Palin is always at the bottom. Its pretty obvious
Bristol Palin is the new Sanjaya.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:22 AM

13,644 posts, read 10,041,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This link tells the whole story. Palin's supporters have actually organized a campaign and are telling the people how to cheat the vote.

Totally disgusting. Unbelievable. and...........and..................... ....!

Democratic Underground - How Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is Cheating The DWTS Voting System - Democratic Underground
Yeah, not very sporting, is it? I'm not a big fan of Brandy's, but I felt really sorry for her. What a way to end your competition. She must be furious, after all she put into it.

But the Palin supporters who've caused this injustice just might have bitten off their noses. After all, they can't blather on about integrity now, without looking like, no - make that being, a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:23 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,546,152 times
I for one am not a Palin supporter- however I am happy to see that there is a few with no dancer experiance in the season finale. This believe this is what the show is about. Turning people that knew little to nothing about ballroom dancing into dancers. Congrats to everyone in the finale. For once lets encourage the underdogs of the shows. Last night for all eyes and upset to go to Brandy must have hurt Bristol. We have to remember people Bristol is a human being with feelings. They should have sent Brandy away with a smile and congrats to Bristol. And the two other stars.

Last edited by LQQKOUT; 11-17-2010 at 07:59 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 AM

93 posts, read 164,393 times
I'm not surprised but understand that for everyone posting in this thread about how pissed/mad/angry they are, you are in the minority in this thing. It continues to be proven time and time again. Everyone continues to say they'll stop watching but yet they got the most votes ever last night.

2 conspiricy theories floating around the internet right now:

1 - Kyle is actually helping Bristol. How? Because he's not the strongest dancer, he actually is getting some of the sympathy vote, which is stealing from Jennifer/Brandy. This in turn means that this season hasn't had a true front runner, despite what the judges say.

2 - There is a smaller subset of votes that are purposely rigging the system not so much because they want Bristol to win, but to make a point that they are angry that the show put a ringer (Nicole) last season with no chance of losing. So in turn they have decided to vote for the worst dancer this season.

Just theories, but interesting nonetheless.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM

18,509 posts, read 31,748,093 times
I am not happy about this, Brandy was and is far better than Bristol ever could be. Brandy was fun and entertaining to watch, Bristol wasn't.

I think the Judges should be the ones to make the final decesion. This show is becoming unfair.

I do not think i will be watching this season. Bristol should have gone a long time ago.

I see unfairness here.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 AM

18,969 posts, read 11,631,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Going to make sure I watch The View tomorrow too, wonder what the ladies will have to say.
LOL - too true - will have to check in on The View today - should be fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
And did I hear correctly? Did someone ask Brandy to come back Monday to do her free-style dance?
Yep - Bruno said that.

Guess I'm just too hopey/changey I get that this show is not just about talent and improvement - that it's a popular vote, too. That's a large part of what keeps it interesting. Still, though, I thought it would be more like Sanjaya where Bristol would stay...but then be let go right before the final. Isn't that how it worked with Sanjaya? That's pretty much what happened with Krate - I didn't mind her staying for entertainment value either - but then they dumped her at 'the right time.' Anyway, even with the scamming, I still think the vote could have been different if the judges had been more critical of Bristol and more direct about who they think should be in the final - they've done that in past seasons.

As much as I liked watching Nicole, that season was less interesting and it did seem bogus to have invited her - especially to dance with Derek.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:05 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,356,716 times
Wasting time trying to make a political conspiracy out of one young girl in a dance contest seems......silly. Lord knows our country has much bigger problems that need to be addressed.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,152,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Well sorry I started a post in the TV thread like this, I went over to the political forum to see in anyone posted about it there,

Of course I was told to go back and watch my TV which I never do, a least someone liked my post

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...alin-dwts.html

I ventured over "there" and started to read your thread, but had to stop when my eyes started to bleed!!!

I didn't like the results of last night's show, but hey I didn't vote, so I can't complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV