Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 07:24 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,354,834 times

Advertisements

Oh dear....I stand by my original instinct that the Jennifer/Kyle vote will get split and Bristol will win, despite that lackluster "redemption" dance when it seemed like her sneakers were filled with lead....

I have to say I was sort of disappointed with Kyle's dance...I had to laugh when he said "everybody loves Tootsie Roll!" -- have to admit I'd never heard of it... and though it was energetic I wouldn't say it knocked my socks off. Their jive a few weeks back was better, IMO.

Both Jennifer's dances were great and her freestyle was terrific. I LOVE that song -- and her little homage to the "I carried a watermelon" from DD was brilliant. Hard to go wrong with that kind of energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 PM

664 posts, read 857,017 times
ummm, i can't vote for Kyle yall. i've tried many times and i get error messages. others are complaining about it too. what in THEE hell????

Old 11-22-2010, 07:44 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,567,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
ummm, i can't vote for Kyle yall. i've tried many times and i get error messages. others are complaining about it too. what in THEE hell????
It's a conspiracy!

Old 11-22-2010, 08:24 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,172,889 times
OH my...will the world stop turning if Bristol wins...tune in tomorrow...I seriously never have belived she would. I still think it is Kyle or Jennifer's win. I will be right..Bristol will be voted off and then people can pick on Elizabeth Hasselbeck that other scandalous republican

Old 11-22-2010, 08:45 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If B has feelings she will feel for the dancers who are her betters and apologize to them, ala Jerry Springer, and at the very least make a statement that she does not belong there, as Jerry did. She should drop out - she should have done so last week so they could plan the show with two dancers competing.

The odd thing is that there was never an anti-Palin vote. I did not see liberals taking out their political issues with Sarah on the kid. It seems as though that crowd tries to be fair. I remember the old time Republicans talking against quota systems with the verbiage that they believe in the merit system. They certainly do not when their side is involved.

Whatever happened to 'Truth, Justice, and the American Way'? Oh, I'm sorry, that was just show biz, and certainly not a platitude subscribed to by these right wing nutnicks.
Let's not forget the show is on for ratings, pure and simple. To draw and keep viewers, they allow the viewers the ability to have a say on who stays. When you open the voting you are turning it into a popularity contest of some sort.

I'm sure if you went back and watched every season that those voted out were never done so in order from worst to best. At least when it included viewers votes and not just the judges votes.

Again, it's about the ratings and Bristol will not or should not drop out. Let the voters decide, otherwise do away with the voting system and let the judges decide. That will have a negative impact on ratins and ABC will never let that happen.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM

18,951 posts, read 11,614,332 times
I realize this couldn't really work for DWTS but I like the twist they added to American Idol when they made the rule that the judges could override the vote and save someone one week. I think they might have saved Odd this season.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I heard on the radio some man shot his tv with a shotgun when heard bristol was going to the finals.

I think those of us who do not vote should vote. Otherwise, bristol will be the next winner. She should tell her mom not to skew the votes so she can actually take credit for winning based on her hard work.
Just how do you think she is skewing the votes?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:05 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,172,889 times
VERY INTERESTING article about how votes are tallied. It is really anyones game to win and not by much!
How Dancing with the Stars Voting Works = Why Bristol Palin Could Win Easily « blog maverick

Old 11-22-2010, 11:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,330,625 times
The key is who will Brandy's fans will vote for this week? I doubt they'd vote for Bristol.....

Old 11-22-2010, 11:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
If there's "a lot of haters out there" as Bristol said tonight why the heck is she still dancing? She whined
tonight just like her momma...
God bless Mark but.....a Bob Fosse number for Bristol, seriously? Especially since she said that she had never even heard of the musical "Chicago".

I found it so interesting that Jennifer's father, Joel Grey, had actually worked with Fosse on the film Cabaret (with Liza Minnelli) and her friend Melanie Griffith (who was in the audience) has played Roxie in "Chicago" on Broadway. And yet Ms Bristol had a flippant attitude and no clue just how iconic that number from "Chicago" is to A LOT of people.

And again she commented on the ever-present "haters"

On another note, I was also disappointed by Kyle and Lacey's freestyle dance. That performance was just like watching people dancing in the club. I am hoping that Jennifer and Derek win it. They deserve it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV