Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2019, 07:11 PM

566 posts, read 391,069 times

Advertisements

https://tylerpaper.com/news/business...a28a11777.html
New townhomes are coming to downtown Tyler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 10:34 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Default Just can't wait...

Just can't wait for the ground to "be broken" in March. This development we have included on C.D. several times over the last three years. Notice, that 3/4 of the total 6 acres is to be built over "several years" with no start date discussed in the news.

But, hopefully, this will be the much-awaited significant start to redevelopment, revitalization downtown, decades overdue. Now, if the "powers that be" can just Eltife, the owner, I guess he still is, of Ricks on the Square, will revitalize the old Tyler Theater, a terrific eyesore. He promised to do that up to ten years ago, maybe more. Hope breeds eternal, are whatever the heck that saying is. He better hurry up or I won't live to see this completed. lol

Also, let's get on with that new courthouse, right in the middle of Broadway location. Anybody attend the four public hearings on this in the last three months? Look online, at the proposals. Look Under Smith county commissioners, Smith County Courthouse proposals, if you care enough you can find, it, to bed I go, ho ho.

Old 12-05-2019, 11:48 PM

No it has not. This is a different company from the one you are talking about. Proof.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...mPPR_4&ampcf=1
Entirely two different real estate companies. Yes the same area, but not the same people.

Old 12-06-2019, 05:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
No it has not. This is a different company from the one you are talking about. Proof.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...mPPR_4&ampcf=1
Entirely two different real estate companies. Yes the same area, but not the same people.
Interesting article. I hope everyone does what they say they are going to do. I've seen a lot of projects promised - and some even started and then just apparently abandoned - downtown.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
Entirely two different real estate companies. Yes, the same area, but not the same people.
Ok, I was talking about a much smaller development like this latest one, being proposed/announced over the last several years. Also, what about the time table on the project you refer to here, no more discussion on it either. You and I both know, so many grand projects were and have been planned in and for Tyler for decades. Even when Gander Mountain was built here about 30 years ago, all of The Shops of Cumberland Road were to be built "right away" that's why Gander Mountain built, yet set alone there for almost or around 25 years. As a matter of fact, that area was "talked" about development for around 40 years. I'm just impatient, let us get one with "it," development.

You don't enjoy all that I add, my gibberish, as you have called it, but here is some more, should be interesting news. I talked with a Smith County Commissioner when I went to one of the area open house meetings explaining the options for the proposed new Smith County Courthouse. After the meeting, I asked the commissioner, which I won't name, because he might not want this reported, but I don't see why not, I asked him about the progress on the restoration of old Carlton Hotel to apartment or condo's, he stated he did not believe the old Smith County/Carlton Hotel, the 16 or so story building at the corner of Broadway and Line will be restored as planned when it was bought several years ago.

The developer has spent almost 1 million on the inside of the building, where we can't see from the street. However, here it comes, they have until January 1, 2020, to continue to fulfill the contract they signed when they purchased the property from the county. If not, there will be a $500 fine PER DAY imposed. The commissioner "felt" the developer was having problems getting the financing to continue the restoration. So maybe that eyesore will stay there for another whatever years. I hope not.

I reread the article you included in your post. This article was posted in the paper over 2 1/2 years ago, and nothing is happening, this is what I mean, it is really hard to get something started in downtown Tyler, without a major player, investor coming in and taking a chance. I'm not a "Debby Downer" but even stated in the article you included, that "talks" have been going on since 2007 on the properties we are "talking" about today.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:13 AM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...JzdR4r&ampcf=1

Brookshires and Bergfeld are bringing downtown back to life.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:15 AM

Saturday Night downtown.

Just drove around to look at Christmas Lights and downtown was part of the "tour". D/T looked more alive than I've seen it except for the citywide rival d/t recently.

The Nutcracker was performing at Caldwell Auditorium, apparently big crowd, parking lots all around building, front street parking lots, side streets, parking garage almost full, Brewery had a nice crowd, Rick's on the Square as well, Jack Ryan's Steakhouse, Liberty Hall, and a new coffee house or something of that type full house, located where Subway was, parking at a premium, something will need to be done, new garages when anything larger is added, most of the crowd, in this case, was for The Nutcracker.

Anyway, downtown being enjoyed by a sizeable crowd, appeared fairly impressive, lol.

Old 12-09-2019, 05:23 PM

Default Deep, in the article...

Deep in the article is pointed out "the Tyler area lacks a medical school". No timetable for a proposed medical school, not even a discussion in this article, however, clearly with an expansion of facilities in 2020 and adding 200 GRADUATE medical students next year, clearly, IMHO, what I've often thought, a medical school is likely in the "sometimes future" for the Tyler area.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ut...66647a8c6.html

Old 12-09-2019, 06:18 PM

https://www.kltv.com/2019/12/09/spro...rs-rose-plaza/
I spoke on this earlier. Sprouts is officially coming to Tyler.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:57 PM

Default Oh no, lol

My favorite cookie "place", The Village Bakery" Bergfield Center, 8 st. and Broadway, will likely have stiff competition.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/co...97bf0ecac.html

How is this big enough "news" for me to post, I usually don't, is that the nearest existing Crumbl Cookies Bakery is in high income, mega-dollar, South Lake. Tyler is stepping in some "mighty high cotton" now with a cookie place coming HERE that has a location in South Lake, IMHO. Incidentally, looking up locations, the only other location in Texas is strangely enough, in San Antonio. Most locations are in the Western 1/3 of America.

I love me some Village Bakery, who as we know, the current owner recently retired and turned the bakery over to others. You know, or learned the Bakery has been opened in Tyler since 1948 if you watched the news or read the article in the paper, if not you wouldn't know this, go figure, lol Here is an article about the bakery. They conduct a HUGE volume of business, as the article pointed out, especially around the holidays. Enjoy, try Village Bakery out.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/lo...93cfdcd37.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler