Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2018, 09:28 AM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
Thanks, timely posting, the fair had 8 years to move 2 years ago, my bad I guess, but I thought they set a definite date then, so will they keep adding 8 years two years from now? Anyway, Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 07:10 PM

566 posts, read 391,249 times
https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ty...0dfe78661.html

Old 03-28-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevon Green View Post
Yep, I was about to post this. I also wanted to see if the city made a written contract to be signed by the East Texas Fair people that they had a "date certain" to be moved FROM the fair ground. City gave them 8 years, one or two years ago to be moved, I was curious if the city was to "start" the clock again, give them eight years from Now. I did not see any mention of this in the article. Maybe it did happen?

Also, I'll try to remember to watch the whole two hours on this subject, on a MWF night at 7 P.M. on Suddenlink Cable channel 3.

From what I read, I agree with reconsidering the Loop 49 and Broadway site. Also, what Tom Mullins suggested should be considered VERY seriously. I've stated on CD several times, what Mullins brought up in somewhat detailed form, AGAIN. Tyler NEEDS an event center, not just for "fun" but for the SALES tax money and hotel tax money, and sales to companies that this event center would provide for Tyler.

Remember the city depends on 55 - 60% of the revenue from SALES taxes, which are at best, NOT stable currently, more and more people buying on line, with little sales tax revenue collected and returned to the city.

Now, finally, the Rose Complex, is under current proposal for MAJOR, what appears to be a fantastic improvement, which has been reported on here. THIS should GREATLY help to revitalize the area. So come on city, push this plan for current Rose City Complex area, and totally forget the plan you, "denied." I fear, you actually may just have postponed the decision for now.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:22 PM

https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/ty...64c8c580c.html

Old 04-01-2018, 06:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Oh my gosh, I agree totally that Tyler needs an event center overhaul or a completely new one. Harvey Hall is a freaking joke.

Every time my husband and I drive past it we say, "Well, wonder what's coming up at Harvey Hall? Who would know? There's not even a marquee."

Old 04-02-2018, 10:49 AM

41 posts, read 76,790 times
It seems to me had the city been more forthcoming about the status of the negotiations re: the south location there would likely be more support for continuing to pursue such a project. Instead, as usual, it's all hush-hush and then suddenly all that is off the table and they start talking about revitalizing the Rose Center complex. I'd like to know more about why the south location deal has apparently failed? How close did they get to an agreement, what were the major sticking points, what attempts were made to resolve them, etc.?

Old 04-02-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
It seems to me had the city been more forthcoming about the status of the negotiations re: the south location there would likely be more support for continuing to pursue such a project. Instead, as usual, it's all hush-hush and then suddenly all that is off the table and they start talking about revitalizing the Rose Center complex. I'd like to know more about why the south location deal has apparently failed? How close did they get to an agreement, what were the major sticking points, what attempts were made to resolve them, etc.?

Fantastic comment. I try to keep up with "all things Tyler", and I did not know the negotiations on the south location had ended, almost an entire year earlier. It certainly would be interesting and possibly helpful to have involved city officials respond to "all" the points in your response.

Thanks for caring enough to post on CD.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
I guess we could go to city council meetings. But that sounds so boring!

Old 04-02-2018, 06:41 PM

I to attended my first city PLANNING meeting last week involving the billion dollar proposed project on the west loop, anticipating some possible interesting "interchange". It did not disappoint. Plenty of tense but honest dialogue. Some very uncomfortable city planning members. Some applause and scattered "booing" of some in attendance. City commissioner had ask everyone, before the meeting for "proper" decorum for those in the auditorium.

We can always view these meetings the day AFTER the meetings on Suddenlink, Channel 3. Actually better for viewing charts plats, plans on the cable than in person. Just the interaction is missing, to some degree.

SMWF City Council meetings, 7 PM and 3 AM for you nighters
TTHSat. Planning and Zoning meetings 7 PM and 3 AM, they usually move quickly, IMHO.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:08 PM

cbs19.tv | TABLED: Proposed West Tyler community stalled in committee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Tyler