Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:42 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,899 times

Advertisements

Glad it worked out for you. The UE people are busy these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM

12 posts, read 18,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catki86226 View Post
Just an update-

I had my appeal trial and received a letter on Friday and the tribunal found that my claim was valid.

So, if you are considering appealing sometimes it does work.

Thanks for all of your input, it certainly was helpful! I just wanted to let you all know the status so far.

Thanks again Chelebelle, Ariadne22 and JobZombie!
I am going to comment here in case catki is still reading on this venue. First I am glad you are getting your benefits - hooray! BUT, be aware that you may not qualify for EUC if you are still unemployed when your initial benefits run out. I hope he/she has a job before then, but definitely research EUC and the 1.5 times base earnings rule, or you may find out without any forwarning that you are ineligible for the emergency unemployment compensation that millions of other Americans have received!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:17 PM

7 posts, read 29,312 times
Unfortunately I am aware that I am not entitled to EUC. Because I was employed for a short period of time (under 20 weeks) I am only entitled to collect for the amount of completed weeks that I worked. I think it's 15 weeks or so.

My issue and question was regarding my initital claim and why I was denied when I had the amount of money required to make a claim ($7,300).

I also want to clarify that in NJ it doesn't matter when the base weeks were established. Someone mentioned that one of my base weeks was may have been the reason. But in NJ that isn't the case for the initial claim. The $7,300 had to have been in the base year. I think there are 2-3 states like this and NJ is one of them.

But you did make a very good point. Unfortunately, I am not entitled to the EUC. Glad you caught that. It might be helpful to others.

And yes, I do hope to be employed soon!!

Again, thanks for all of the valuable input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment