Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times

Advertisements

We have no clue any longer what Congress will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 05:36 PM

2 posts, read 621 times
Hello all, my apologies for chiming in here, but I'm dealing with a similar situation...

I opened an unemployment claim-- in CA, so if there's a sub-forum for questions re: unemployment specifically in that state, please feel free to let me know-- last December, to try to recoup some earnings for the 2 unpaid weeks my company had off for the Christmas holiday. Well in mid-February of this year, our department was outsourced, and we were all laid off (pretty sure I submitted a new claim at that point, but am not entirely sure).

In any event, although I have worked various short-term jobs since then (I'm an entertainment freelancer, so a lot of jobs can be short-term/a few weeks long anyway), I'll note my earnings from those jobs on my bi-weekly unemployment claims, and have been earning some consistent independent contractor/untaxed 1099 work lately, my claim is getting ready to expire this week... so I don't know if unemployment will continue to send me forms or what.

Since I've worked several jobs since then-- some W2, some 1099-- even if I did have to refile/create another unemployment claim, I just don't know WHICH job I'd have to list.

Unfortunately, EDD's website isn't giving me the option to send in questions, and it's nearly impossible to reach anyone on the phone.

Anyone dealt with having a claim expire, and have insight into what I need to do about creating a new one??

Basically, my unemployment earnings are kind of a safeguard if I'm unable to find independent contractor work, so if I'm not able to find work/get injured or something and cannot, I just want to be proactive in case my claim isn't open to help me.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment