Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2020, 11:33 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,262 times

Advertisements

Did she earn any income since her old claim? The only thing I could think of is if she has new income reported.

She did everything right by filing the new claim so I don't know why there is a hold up. The person who told her to file PUA even though she qualified for PEUC was wrong, so not sure why they said that. The people on the phone sometimes don't know what they're talking about.

When she signs into her online account, what does it say?

PEUC does take a while for people who just filed new claims so it's not unheard of that there could be a 2 month wait. Some people for longer. If I were her, I would just keep checking my online account. For me, all the sudden it was just there without any notices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 07:46 PM

8 posts, read 3,601 times
Just like others say, my phase 1 PEUC experience was seamless. I do have a question regarding the job search requirements. Has it always been required to apply for 3 jobs a week? I know work search requirements are being waived until further notice, but the letter says otherwise. I always am searching and applying which won’t be a problem, but just want to confirm what’s correct info.

Last edited by Mistmyst; 08-20-2020 at 08:32 PM..

Old 08-22-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistmyst View Post
Just like others say, my phase 1 PEUC experience was seamless. I do have a question regarding the job search requirements. Has it always been required to apply for 3 jobs a week? I know work search requirements are being waived until further notice, but the letter says otherwise. I always am searching and applying which won’t be a problem, but just want to confirm what’s correct info.
The info from CA was conflicting so it's better to be safe and just list the 3 contacts each week when you certify. It only takes a minute.

Old 08-24-2020, 09:10 AM

59 posts, read 51,929 times
FED-ED was bust here. But taunted now with PUA populated with a new claim balance, a change from "cannot file a new claim until benefit year ends". Asked to certify for two PUA weeks. Certified, but holds at pending because of missing mail in form. No joy with DeJoy, local mail sorter was decommissioned and if there was a letter it's beneath a box of dead chicks.

If anyone has a copy of the required CA PUA letter, please post a PDF.

Old 08-29-2020, 09:32 PM

The form finally arrived and appears to be personalized so not possible to upload and the return USPS trip was quick. PUA was approved because I had a qualifying reason. Received a bunch of mail with award letter, same account number, paper form for certification for first two weeks but that was already done online.

It is funded for $6,513 over 39 weeks $167/week which is weird after exiting UI/PEUC. Because I expected that period of time to reduce what is available from PUA.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwallet View Post
The form finally arrived and appears to be personalized so not possible to upload and the return USPS trip was quick. PUA was approved because I had a qualifying reason. Received a bunch of mail with award letter, same account number, paper form for certification for first two weeks but that was already done online.

It is funded for $6,513 over 39 weeks $167/week which is weird after exiting UI/PEUC. Because I expected that period of time to reduce what is available from PUA.
They will reduce it. A few experts on other pages have said they automatically put up that same info for everyone but they will definitely end up deducting your UI/PUEC time.

They listed those numbers on mine too (although I'm not going to apply for PUA but they put up the first 2 weeks anyway.) In reality, PUA is only supposed to get an "extra" 7 weeks. I guess if they extend Fed-ED again, you would get an additional 7 weeks and so on.

Also, since your claim ending is Dec (for now), I believe you can "stretch" it by either working part-time or something. That's what people did with PUEC. They still collected after the 13 weeks. It might work something like that for PUA. I'm not sure.

Old 08-30-2020, 10:51 AM

Just an update on the deadline for certifying for PUA, my account still has those 2 weeks waiting to be certified but now the deadline is 9/20.

Maybe they wanted to give people extra time to receive the snail mail letters.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:11 AM

60 posts, read 31,143 times
I have another question so my gf is apart of phase 2 for PEUC. She got an email in her Ui inbox telling to file a new claim and when its denied she'll get PEUC added to her old claim. Well she filed and waited 2 months and they send mail saying she needed to verify her identity, she did everything she needed and sent it back. After havent heard anything back so she calls and one of the edd workers idk what happened but said she qualified for PUA + PEUC saying she qualified bc she stayed home with the kids and did something to her account so she got PUA + PEUC. The new issue now is when the edd worker did that they sent paperwork for my gf to get her pay stubs and obviously she couldn't provide them bc she was never suppose to get pua in the first place just PUEC added to her old claim. Now they denied her whole claim bc of it and now she has to appeal it with a judge. How long is that gonna take to speak with a judge?

Old 08-31-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
They will reduce it. A few experts on other pages have said they automatically put up that same info for everyone but they will definitely end up deducting your UI/PUEC time.
That makes sense, my benefit year was restarted at the end of PEUC which did not. Four weeks PUA certified and stuck at pending. So I strive to monetize my skills in the meantime.

Old 09-03-2020, 10:00 AM

38 posts, read 26,856 times
Can someone tell me if I need to file a new claim after my PEUC runs out? it ran out 3 weeks ago and still have not received anything and my portal has the "file or manage new claim".
I called and got on the claim review list. still waiting on a call/update etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment