Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 02:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,872 times

Advertisements

Corzine is a Billionaire ...did you know that. Granted Christie has done well but has nowwhere near as much moolah. Corzine left Goldman Sachs with at least 500 million. He is a rich wall street banker. Do not let labels decieve. So Christie is a Repub...that doesn't make him bad. He really is a down to earth Jersey guy from Morris County. Corzine is not from NJ.. He was a mediocre Gov...we definitely need a change. I'm a registered Dem but ya know what? the party is not what it once was...it has become too left wing. There is a better chance of cleaning up the Republican party. Christie will not eff us over, he is for working people and families and business. Just listen to him with an open mind. He will improve this state, we can hold him to it. If Corzine got relected, would just be a lame duck. Can this state get any lamer? Chris is cool don't worry. Good luck to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCKEN IN N.J. View Post
What a perfect picture of a total gluten. Unreal, from bad to worse for use in N.J. To many making money of of cheap labor. I am owed $10,000.00 and the rich Republican still has a company. WHAT A F##K!#& JOKE !!!!! Department of labor HA HA worthless!!! Christie will probably use the money too give him self a raise!!! I getting sick, good night.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 AM

702 posts, read 1,572,236 times
Governor Corzine's Statement on Congressional Approval of the Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 (http://www.state.nj.us/governor/news/news/2009/approved/20091105a.html - broken link)
Quote:
TRENTON - Governor Jon S. Corzine today issued the following statement regarding the Congressional vote to approve the Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 which extends unemployment benefits for an additional 14 weeks in every state and by 20 weeks in states with unemployment rates of 8.5 percent or higher. The Governor recently sent a letter to the Congress urging extension of unemployment benefits for those who have or are about to exhaust their unemployment assistance: "I want to commend the New Jersey delegation, especially Senators Lautenberg and Menendez, for working to provide vital income support for thousands of New Jersey residents who have already or soon will exhaust all of their unemployment benefits," said Governor Corzine. "This action will extend unemployment assistance for an additional 20 weeks for vulnerable New Jerseyans and give them the capacity to continue to support their families in these difficult economic times. My administration remains steadfast in its commitment to implement the tools necessary to provide New Jersey families with a strong economic foundation and the ability to provide a stable and secure future for their children."

Old 11-06-2009, 04:07 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,547,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramscout View Post
It was meant for Trendcat. I was making $22 an hour when I got laid off. Not even close to what unemployment is paying me, but it helps until I can find a job.
well this is a good lesson , you worked hard for a long time you said 29 years straight, right? So next time you get the job of your dreams try and put some money away like an emergency fund if you can. Be better prepared if this happens again. SAVE SOME MONEY, scale down your life, put away 100 a month , save , save , save. Then you wont be so worried or angry.

29 years working with nothing saved is a good lesson like the squirrels outside your window, save your nuts for a rainy day!

Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 AM

205 posts, read 389,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
well this is a good lesson , you worked hard for a long time you said 29 years straight, right? So next time you get the job of your dreams try and put some money away like an emergency fund if you can. Be better prepared if this happens again. SAVE SOME MONEY, scale down your life, put away 100 a month , save , save , save. Then you wont be so worried or angry.

29 years working with nothing saved is a good lesson like the squirrels outside your window, save your nuts for a rainy day!
Where did you get the impression that I have no money saved? I never said that. I have plenty of money saved, and I also have a husband who makes a very decent salary. My whole point is that I am not "milking the system". All of us who have worked have paid into unemployment and when we lose our jobs we are entitled to receive benefits.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:16 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,547,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramscout View Post
Where did you get the impression that I have no money saved? I never said that. I have plenty of money saved, and I also have a husband who makes a very decent salary. My whole point is that I am not "milking the system". All of us who have worked have paid into unemployment and when we lose our jobs we are entitled to receive benefits.
sorry my mistake, I was wrong, I guess with all these posts I confused you. Call me a moron, I am so sorry, honestly. By the way, its nice that you took it so well, sorry. BTW, I never thought you were milking the system, that is me!!! I am not looking for a job however I did pay into it too!! But I am milking it for the first time in my life!

Please accept my apology. Marilyn

Old 11-06-2009, 05:38 AM

139 posts, read 291,108 times
Jim Rockford say how good he is when he takes office, when Corzine leaves. If and when this next extention happens see if Cris excepts it, or refuses it. I'm Dem. also and I also voted for a Dem. I have voted Rep. in the past but I don't trust him, he appears to be a sneek. Sorry I no this is off topic.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:32 AM

23 posts, read 42,341 times
Unemployment rate at 10.2%

Old 11-06-2009, 06:34 AM

155 posts, read 339,451 times
it broke 10%
here comes the extended deadlines

Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,056,115 times
I wonder if davenj2009 has found a job by now...

Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 AM

23 posts, read 42,341 times
You should also know that as long as you qualify to receive these last tiers of benefits before Dec. 26, 2009, you will be able to collect the full amount of them, even into 2010. While the entire EUC program has not yet been extended into 2010, you will be "grandfathered" into this last tier of benefits and will receive them in full, so the promise of 14-20 more weeks of benefits is not an illusory one.

This is a previous post. Does this mean that we will all get this new extension regardless if we are on Tier 1 or Tier 2 that will exhaust in early 2010? This statement says we will be grandfathered into this extension regardless of the deadline. Please, someone comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment