Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 03:23 PM

56 posts, read 130,402 times

Advertisements

Im on the phone now its just ringing away someone told me to stay on until someone picks up. It would be easier if they would just post an update on the NJDOL site

Old 12-01-2009, 03:25 PM

37 posts, read 63,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Man View Post
How could I have a hold if I have already received a check? I am trying to find out when to call for the next one. You suggest that I have a 'hold' taken off.

I got a check too, when I received my check there was a balance but no next day call in when I called UE to question this the automated system said I have a balance of zero dollars, not sure your situation is similiar but im not going to wait till call in day and be told I have a problem rather get it taken care of asap

Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM

354 posts, read 946,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinNJ3 View Post
Is it the 609-633-2870?
no but I hope it works or work'd for you. talk to you soon bye

Old 12-01-2009, 03:48 PM

137 posts, read 268,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ80 View Post
I called a lady and she said its the 9/10th but be aware cause I know by me prematurely calling in I think I have a freeze on my account so better get that hold taken off before calling in
I had my check released Tuesday, my call in date is 12/9 (Wed), but I ALWAYS call in on Monday, so I might call in 12/7.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romina0523 View Post
Here is an update for those who read my prior posts today and yesterday...
So I finally got through to someone today after trying I dunno how many times. First of all this girl was THE nicest person I have ever spoken to from unemployment, she definitly deserves a raise or something lol. I told her too lol.
But anyways I explained to her how I called yesterday and spoke with someone who told me that I was disqualified for whatever reason blah blah and how her "supervisor" was going to give me a call today. So I waited today and finally decided to call back, which is when I got thru to the really nice girl. She even asked me "why does a supervisor have to call you? All she had to do last night was change the dates and you would of been a happy camper." She even admitted herself how a lot of the workers are very misinformed. She wasn't though thank god.
So then she said that my check is going in the mail tomorrow and I'll get it in 48 hours. Wow when she said that I was beyond ecstatic.
Thanks again to those of you who helped me out with some advice
Great to hear you got that taken care of. Believe me, most of us can relate to the anxiety.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
HEY SJMAN and to all recevd EB benefits as usual BUT NO NON NEGOTIABLE check with the next call in dates I m getting on the phone now will post if I can get through
I see alot of you got your check but with the next dates were blank. Why is no one calling to find out why this happened? I got the "benefits not payable at this time", and I was on the phone in 2 seconds. Did anyone get an explanation @ the blank dates?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:20 PM

870 posts, read 1,405,701 times
Quote:
Im on the phone now its just ringing away someone told me to stay on until someone picks up. It would be easier if they would just post an update on the NJDOL site

Maybe they'll tell you 'why' the dates were not placed on the 'blue part'.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:42 PM

306 posts, read 605,850 times
Well, got the old "benefits not payable at this time, but you will receive credit for the weeks." So the phone call started....after holding for 45 minutes the phone rang once, then dead silence on the other end for about 3 minutes. I did not hang up b/c I did not have a dial tone. Finally a lady came on, asked me for my ss#, it was provided....then dead silence for almost 4 minutes...she then came back saying payment has been made and file your next claim on Dec. 3rd...so we'll see what happens. My old extension ran out...I'm on DD, so we'll see if I have a deposit on Thursday...

Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 PM

56 posts, read 130,402 times
some have been calling with no luck of getting through and will again try tomorrow recvd check sat. with blanks a the top. I m happy to see everyone getting things straightened out thats great news.

SJMAN I just hope we didnt have to call in today like some BUT that just seems like it is for the people who received 1 week. I use to call in on Tuesday. It really looks like a pc glitch in their system so hang in and if I hear anything if I get through I ll post everyone looks like they are getting things cleared up so thats good just have to get through to a person

Old 12-01-2009, 05:28 PM

34 posts, read 85,912 times
Here is my situation... I received my last EB check on August 31, 2009. I knew I could not survive without so I went down to the One Stop and obtained a Tuition Waiver. It took quite awhile and many phone calls for me to get the ABT checks going. The checks are blue, like the ones we all just received. There is never a call in date but I know I call biweekly on Monday. Monday, November 23, 2009 was my day to call in. So I go on line as usual and claim on 11-23 everything goes through. When I got my check the amount remaining is different. I guess that I went from ABT to whatever we are now getting. I got a check for 2 weeks. I am guessing that I will collect this new EUC until that runs out and then go back on ABT. Fingers are crossed. I will try again on Monday. If I fail I will trot on down to p-burg. Also, I love getting those $50 checks again. I did not receive them on ABT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment