Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:28 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,050,891 times

Advertisements

Will they be receiving a letter notifying them they will be exhausting benefits? If so, what will it say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 PM

199 posts, read 404,438 times
Tomorrow is my last day to claim my Tier IV....and it will be a partial check

Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 PM

306 posts, read 605,765 times
Well, I have a check and a half left....but, the good news is I also have an interview tomorrow!!! Finger crossed!!! I had actually applied for two other positions with this company, they never called about those positions, but they did call last week to inform me that they had a job that meet my qualifications, so.....they sent me the job description (job isn't even available to the public as of this evening), and low and behold, it's exactly what I used to do while I was employed in NJ (now in WV)...laid off 2 years ago...

So everyone, while I am pushing for a TIER V, I am also hopeful that I get this job!!! It's much less than what I made in NJ, but the cost of living is MUCH lower here in WV, so it will be okay. Now, with that being said, I may be able to collect the difference??? if they pass another extension.

Lots of prayers to be said before bed tonight!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:17 PM

516 posts, read 1,350,548 times
Wednesday will be my last full 2 weeks left of tier IV. Then a scrawny amount to claim next week.

Hopefully these interviews I went on last week and the week before will freakin call me to start working. I'm really sick of buggin out!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,370,776 times
I've got 2 weeks left, after that I don't know what I will do. I've already called my mortgage company to let them know without more tiers or a job I've made my last payment on my modest mortgage of 349. I've dropped the price multiple times to now $140,000. for 10 acres and a MH. I hate it, I've worked hard all my life for this place, small as it is, most of my savings were sunk into it. I live in NE GA and all of GA is facing rising unemployment, we went from 10.2 to 10.4 and now 10.8 and they say it will get worse yet our #$%^ senators vote against every bill to extend, I didn't vote for them but I'm sure stuck with them.

Two months ago I started going thru my things, an ebay seller came and took my mother's portable antiques to sell for pennies on the dollar and we are trying to find a buyer for her furniture I inherited. Over the last 19 months I've sold everything I could to keep afloat.

I have a 14 year old F150 and I'm trying to find a very used shell to put on it and a used small cargo trailer and I will be living out of that.

I will be 60 years old this year, I have great MS Office skills and type 50wpm, medical and legal backgrounds, yet I've only had 4 interviews and yes I've done everything to resume review etc. I've applied for the low paying jobs too and no takers.

I'm thinking I will be homeless very soon.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:19 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,050,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I've got 2 weeks left, after that I don't know what I will do. I've already called my mortgage company to let them know without more tiers or a job I've made my last payment on my modest mortgage of 349. I've dropped the price multiple times to now $140,000. for 10 acres and a MH. I hate it, I've worked hard all my life for this place, small as it is, most of my savings were sunk into it. I live in NE GA and all of GA is facing rising unemployment, we went from 10.2 to 10.4 and now 10.8 and they say it will get worse yet our #$%^ senators vote against every bill to extend, I didn't vote for them but I'm sure stuck with them.

Two months ago I started going thru my things, an ebay seller came and took my mother's portable antiques to sell for pennies on the dollar and we are trying to find a buyer for her furniture I inherited. Over the last 19 months I've sold everything I could to keep afloat.

I have a 14 year old F150 and I'm trying to find a very used shell to put on it and a used small cargo trailer and I will be living out of that.

I will be 60 years old this year, I have great MS Office skills and type 50wpm, medical and legal backgrounds, yet I've only had 4 interviews and yes I've done everything to resume review etc. I've applied for the low paying jobs too and no takers.

Sorry to hear that... I'm sure you're not the only one in the same boat... I think there will be a lot of dialogue on trying to get another extension passed... I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks...

Old 03-22-2010, 09:12 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post

Returning, I`m so sorry to hear this. I too have gotten rid of pretty much everything I owned. I`m living in a friends basement and have what`s remaining of my belongings,stuffed in here with me. Without my friend,I don`t know what I would do. There a lot of people in the same boat as you,if there is any comfort in that. I have 2 months left on my benefits and then I have nothing. I still have a car payment,so if I can`t make the payments then obviously I will be without a car and then I don`t know what I will do. These next couple of months will be interesting for a lot of people.
I am divorced but have a 10 yr old daughter and I feel so helpless. Thank God her mother still has a job and is doing well,so my daughter doesn`t really feel it except when she is with me,because I have no money to take her anywhere or do anything with her like we used to do. As a father that is very humbling and humiliating in a way. I have a strong desire to take care of my kids but there isn`t much one can do when noone is hiring. Everything in this society revolves around money and I hate it. If you have no money, then it impacts every part of your life. May God have mercy on us all.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 PM

29 posts, read 49,872 times
One partial check awaits me .... That's it! Done! .... I don't have nothing, had to sell everything. Haven't found a job in 2 years, no one wants to hire me, in the "few" interviews I've had. I live with my daughter and granddaughter. Its a sad how its come to this. Use to be on my own, self dependant, now I am just a burden (a bum). I don't have much hope left, our governent has failed us once again. I am just breathing...

Old 03-23-2010, 04:25 PM

28 posts, read 104,623 times
I forgot to call for benefits on my usual day today (it was switched when i started Tier IV). Can I call tomorrow and will it matter?

Old 03-23-2010, 04:31 PM

28 posts, read 104,623 times
For those of you finishing Tier IV (I have 1 week left) did you already exhaust your EB? I started EB and got about 2 weeks worth and then they passed Tier III and Tier IV so I was moved off of EB. Will I receive a letter and instructions on how to collect my remaining EB? I am in NJ. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment