Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,852,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyEF View Post
Just claimed the last tiny amount left on tier IV. My bank account has a negative and overdraft fees, don't have food, can't pay any bills this month, my house is on the market but looks like no buyers anytime soon. I'm in panic mode. The only hope I have is one job that's been checking my background for the past 3 weeks. Don't know what to do.
Are you eligible for any state EB ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 04:43 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Are you eligible for any state EB ?
I exhausted all 20 weeks of EB in November.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:23 AM

I'm so sorry - I know that doesn't help much. Have you exhausted all possible avenues, relatives, social services etc ? There must be some assistance you're eligible for - food banks, food stamps. Please try not to give up.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:41 AM

1,828 posts, read 4,658,585 times
Quote:
I exhausted all 20 weeks of EB in November.
I take it the job fell through you went through all the things they forced you to do. I cant imagine it would take more then a week for all that.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I'm so sorry - I know that doesn't help much. Have you exhausted all possible avenues, relatives, social services etc ? There must be some assistance you're eligible for - food banks, food stamps. Please try not to give up.
The only relative that helped me is my mom. My dad is and has always been selfish. I tired asking him for help, but he dosen't budge nor does he even care. He lives in Florida now living the good life and my mom lives in California. My husband still works and it's just not enough to cover all the expenses. I don't think I would qualify for any assistance because my husband still works.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
I take it the job fell through you went through all the things they forced you to do. I cant imagine it would take more then a week for all that.
I heard back from them last Thursday via e-mail. They told me that the backgroud agency they use (US Investigations Services) said the process is still not complete. So they told me once that's completed, they will do the e-verify and update me.

I'm still waiting.....

Old 04-01-2010, 06:50 AM

1,828 posts, read 4,658,585 times
Quote:
I heard back from them last Thursday via e-mail. They told me that the backgroud agency they use (US Investigations Services) said the process is still not complete. So they told me once that's completed, they will do the e-verify and update me.

I'm still waiting.....
Wow, How long has it been? Coming up on a month now. Hopefully it pans out for you.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
Wow, How long has it been? Coming up on a month now. Hopefully it pans out for you.
Yes, close to a month. I read on line that they can't do the e-verify to pre-screen potential employees. It's a new hire process and the information they use is on the I-9 form. I never filled out an I-9 form. But at this point, if they do hire me, so what if they misused the process.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:29 PM

28 posts, read 104,641 times
I claimed my last week of Tier IV on Tuesday. I am in NJ and had only used 2 weeks of EB before getting switched over to Tier III. Will I get a letter and yellow form again to finish my EB if need be?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 PM

Can anyone explain why the official NYS dol website still shows EB of 20 weeks when they have rescinded it?

New York State Department of Labor - STATE ADDED JOBS FOR 2nd MONTH IN A ROW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment