Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 01:00 AM

769 posts, read 1,015,198 times

Advertisements

satellite thermal imaging surveillance.

tracking dot just identifying the heat sources of 98.6F in the house.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 12:27 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot View Post
Yeah, but like I said this happens for up to an hour after…long long after the “dust settles”…no ac and no fans in the room with baby settled for quite a while. They move at different speeds and different directions. It’s weird.

I’d really be interested if others have seen this. I want to believe its dust, but it does not act like any dust I’ve seen!
There is never a time when the air in a room, including whatever dust or other small particles may be in the air, is completely stationary.

Think of it rationally: You dust your furniture, and within a day or two there is more dust there. You didn't put it there, you didn't see anyone else put it there, but it got there. Where do you think it came from? Obviously from the tiny particles that are always floating in the air.

This is no different.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:07 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
The baby is breathing right? Breathing small jests of air from it's nostrils. The baby has a warm body which causes air currents. Air movement in the room is no mystery. Dust gets into the air from body movement in the room then takes several hours to settle and in the meantime some of it gets wafted in front of the lens by small air currents in front of the camera lens. There could be small eddy currents in front of the lens that carries dust in both directions simultaneously (it's an eddy - it spins around).

It could be anything really.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:53 PM

510 posts, read 500,548 times
I have a camera for the dog to make sure she is behaving when we are at work. It has a night vision feature. What I believe happens when its on this mode, the camera is trying to absorb any and all light coming in from any source including reflections. Hence why animal eyes look like they're glowing. Dust and other air particles can also reflect light (although its usually not apparent to us who see the world in color). So all the "insects" are particles floating in the air (sometimes very rapidly if your child (or dog) moves. The cameras also has a delay so if something "jumps" its just the particle moving but the camera cannot keep up with the real time movement.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:18 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
I have a camera for the dog to make sure she is behaving when we are at work. It has a night vision feature. What I believe happens when its on this mode, the camera is trying to absorb any and all light coming in from any source including reflections. Hence why animal eyes look like they're glowing. Dust and other air particles can also reflect light (although its usually not apparent to us who see the world in color). So all the "insects" are particles floating in the air (sometimes very rapidly if your child (or dog) moves. The cameras also has a delay so if something "jumps" its just the particle moving but the camera cannot keep up with the real time movement.
Night vision is infrared from those little infrared LED's around the lens. Infrared is heat which could conceivable cause air currents up close to the lens. Just a thought?

P.S. Dogs see color just fine. Not so much red though, just green and blue (which is why they sometimes cannot find a red ball in the green grass - red looks green to them).

Old 02-04-2016, 06:16 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot View Post
Here is an example of what I'm talking about...but we get a lot of them sometimes...not my video, but a good example

Flying Orbs, Mommy and Me - YouTube
Okay I wasn't there but, someone was shooting that video, it wasn't just a baby cam as its moving and even zooms. Second "Mommy and me" are laying under a window, that you can see light constantly shining through.

Most significantly, the light orbs seem stuck to the wall. Spirits wouldn't be stuck to the wall. If you pay attention, the light seems to stay on the wall as it rounds (or should I say angles) the corner of it.

Mountain traffic comes to mind. Perhaps the window is wet, like after a summer shower in the mountains, and headlights are creating the effect as the light source is speeding by a window covered in droplets. We cant see that due to the windows covering, but you can clearly see the light coming through on the edge of the window covering.

It may be a good example of what you are talking about, in which case, its a play on lights and nothing paranormal. Witnessing swamp gas lights on a hot summer night would appear more mysterious than what is shown on that video. Sorry.

EDIT: It could also be a piece of jewelry reflecting light that isn't really in the video, as it could be a babycam filming "mommy and me", but someone is filming the monitor that is showing the video of "mommy and me". Either way, I'm still very skeptical.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:26 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,160,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
no, we only had the audible monitors with our kids

Strange things though ...once I thought I saw a shadow moving down the hallway...looked like some older person, hunched over, in a robe or dress, disappeared when it got to a closed door.
Few weeks later, I was in the office and heard someone walk up, out of the corner of my eye I could see my wife standing in the door, I said "I am almost done for the nite" and when I turned, no one was there.
BUT The worst was one night I was not able to sleep, I had the baby monitor on, and I heard what sounded like a female voice coming through the monitor and it said "Aw...you are such a cute little boy" I turned and realized my wife was sound asleep next to me. I bolted to the other end of the house, no one was there, my baby son was sleeping in his bed, I said Out loud "Whoever you are get out of my house and don't ever come back"
Never saw or heard anything after that. Not sure to this day what ahppened, I have become less prone to believe in ghosts or such, but someting did come theough the monitor that once.
(And at the time this wa a brand new house)
3:26 am, laying in bed right now and your post just gave me major chills!

Old 02-11-2016, 12:13 PM

649 posts, read 570,591 times
We don't have a video monitor but those little floating orbs are in a bunch of videos that we have of our baby. Some of the videos we taken inside but some were taken outside also. I just assumed they were dust particles but my oldest daughter swears that they are ghosts.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:17 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
They arent anything to be afraid of...... Its how most of them travel!!! (Like you travel in a car)

Old 06-27-2016, 05:16 PM

2 posts, read 9,050 times
I have the same thing going on in my sons room he is 2years old now and don't know what's going on I know it's not dust as dust fall down. not sideways go's from on side to the other of the monitor and I haven't gone in the room then the same time every night something has woken him all of a sudden and he is screaming and when I asked what was the matter he said boy that made me think now that's why he talk's to someone in his room and when i say who u talking to he pushed me out his room saying we r playing go away . I don't know what to do ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal