Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:09 AM

802 posts, read 1,321,130 times

Advertisements

For about the past month I've had several possibily paranormal incidents at my house.

I set my alarm clock each night and double check that it is set before I go to sleep. Twice in December I woke up 30 minutes late to find the button turned off.

I was sleeping and it felt like my foot was being touched. Then a few days later, felt like my back was being rubbed. I am not quite sure if these are part of dreams I am having or it's a spirit doing it.

The most recent incident was early Thursday morning at 2:45. I have an older model space heater near my bed. It has a dial to turn it on. I woke up and then saw the heater go on by itself. There is no way for this heater to go on without me turning the dial, plus the dial was in the off position. The heater does not automatically turn on and off.

I have lived in this house for 12 1/2 years and have never experienced these occurrences before. If it is paranormal, why would this stuff start all of the sudden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,747 times
Stop and think about what is going on in your home right now. Any transitions, remodeling or things like that?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 PM

652 posts, read 873,710 times
It was a ghost, just simply say hello to the spirit world. I am one of few people who can read souls and see ghosts. I once met a man who told me the greatest power a man could have is controlling other peoples thoughts opinions and behaviors without having to be physically present. I told him that I said dead people could be me or part of me, but don't expect me to know of all the magic, hypnosis and dark arts they do on others as I do not tell them what they can or cannot do. He was implying I had the ability to influence the behavior of others without being physically present. I once had a ghost tell me she was hanging a piranha in my room for protection, I had the most restful night of sleep that night.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,074 times
Did you go anywhere like a cemetery or funeral home over the past few weeks? Anywhere where a person died? It's possible you may have carried a wandering spirit into the house with you. Or that you opened up a portal in your house somewhere.

I would get a medium or a paranormal investigator to check out your home. I don't think any of what is happening in your house has a rational explanation. Good luck.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM

802 posts, read 1,321,130 times
I just learned that the woman who I bought the house from 13 years ago passed away in December. This would coincide with when the strange things started happening.

If it's possible for the previous homeowner's spirit to come back to the house, maybe that is what's going on.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
I just learned that the woman who I bought the house from 13 years ago passed away in December. This would coincide with when the strange things started happening.

If it's possible for the previous homeowner's spirit to come back to the house, maybe that is what's going on.
She sounds benign and friendly, maybe this is her way of saying hello?

Have you tried communicating with her?

Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,031,788 times
Get a new clock and DEFINITELY get a new heater! However, you should probably keep the bed if someone is rubbing you at night.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:

Maybe she just came home for a visit before moving on? In Hans Holzer's book "Ghosts" he says that ghosts are confused and oftentimes sad or disturbed. If such things can happen, then it would make sense for her to go somewhere that felt like home. Wild speculation here, but maybe she thought you needed more sleep and were possibly cold in the morning.

Your heater could also just be busted.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 AM

859 posts, read 705,230 times
you may turn it off while you are sleeping. So you don't know because you can't remember.
This is possible,too.

Quote:
I was sleeping and it felt like my foot was being touched. Then a few days later, felt like my back was being rubbed. I am not quite sure if these are part of dreams I am having or it's a spirit doing it.
it Happens such these things( between )sleep and wake. So you are not completely sleep. There is kind of awareness.
It does not refer well to that things. Don't need to find an answer or be worried.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 PM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Quote:

Yes, that's very possible and it sounds like a likely explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal