Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe ancient alien theory
Yes 70 38.46%
No 87 47.80%
Other 25 13.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 07:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Do you believe ancient alien theory? that is aliens visited earth and humans in the past?

Did they ever find the missing link?
Seems like it would be big news if they did.
Has it been kept quite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 07:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Smell View Post
Why would more intelligent life-forms come to Earth? One could ask why such a great technological triumph of a civilization such as the US is in Afghanistan.

How can anyone who has ever seen the clear night sky without urban light pollution not believe there are many worlds with other sentient species all around this tiny little planet? Fear? Selfishness? Remnants of old religious specialness?

And I don't believe at all that the world is only 6,000 years old but I think a new sort of epoch may have begun then and was influenced by people in flying chariots who decided to do something with us little bipedal simians, just as we are doing to Afghanistan or in laboratories the world over. 6,000 years is an awfully short time to go from being a scattered hunter-gatherer species to sending up space probes and exploring quantum physics. Seriously, why do all the major religions of the world reference flying gods using magic that we are proving right now could simply have been technology?

And there is no way you can get the sort of smooth-fitting stones one sees in ancient places like Machu Picchu even today without immense heat sources to mold the rock and it is unlikely people who wore grass skirts had such a developed industrial kiln to do so. And if they did, how did they place them within and then extract them? Wishful thinking?

Fascinating how mathematics were so profound in ancient times that humans then could build monuments with such exacting measurements with pulleys and rope and no wheels across various cultures and time frames on different continents, how the Egyptians could inscribe detailed hieroglyphs using rudimentary metal and chisels that today require computer software and modern tools to be made so precisely. Odd how Giza's central pyramid is located at the exact position to make it equidistant to all the planet's landmasses- and I don't recall of any events or evidence indicating Egypt knew anything about North or South America or most of Asia. Then there is Teotihuacan in Mexico, the central pyramid there is just .004 millimeters smaller than the base of the central Giza pyramid and those three main pyramids there are laid out almost exactly as the ones in Egypt. Then there are the 'hills' in China that look conspicuously like Mayan pyramids just outside of Chengdu, where the terracotta army was recently found.

Anyway, when dinosaur bones were 'discovered' in Europe the popular theory was that they were proof of dragons. Only recently has it been hypothesized that a lot of these reptiles were also genetically avian even when the had no wings but supposedly had feathers. So what does science know in its infancy? Very little, but we seem to have come a long way in a short time. To go from electric light bulb to combustion engine to atom splitting to genetic tinkering in 200 years is amazing and not entirely natural if one believes this line of production is coming from a species that can barely keep its base animalism in check. But I don't want or need tenure or grant money and don't understand those who wish to keep things tidily contained to keep their bearings. There are too many questions humans can barely answer, busy as they are developing new weaponry or happy domestic conveniences or stuffing trust funds. Look past the ingrained obviousness of a thing and maybe the obvious will appear.

I'm glad for AA if only because it questions the preconceived notions that scientists will, if they are honest, agree they cannot answer concerning the how and the why so many things were built utilizing the baby tech that hitherto was agreed to be prevalent at the time of construction. And yeah, I can easily believe that Buddha or Jesus or Allah or whomever was an alien or at least some technologically advanced being slumming it up with the slaves. Look at any American or other advanced human society when it visits those less fortunate in primitive areas. Do you realize the divine magic of the modern tablet or the cell phone or of eyeglasses to a society that has never seen such things?
Don't blame the scientists that want to expose what they aren't allowed to. My understanding is that much of the digs are hidden, guarded, censored and suppressed, because they don't want us to know what they reveal. However, we are in an age where much of this will be revealed to us in the coming years. We are supposed to be in an age where our consciousness is raised. Lord, I hope so.
Everything is energy, we only perceive of 3 dimensions, but there is much much more. Energy has always been and always will be.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:24 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That's not true. When I watch I make note and look things up. I also look up authors and see what they've written and what others have to say about what they've written. H2 is just the beginning of exposure to these ideas and mythology. If you gave it a chance, you could learn something.
And what accolades have these authors received from their peers?

Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 PM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
So explain religious fervor devoted to sky-dwellers who descend for their benefit and worship. Explain why these beings always come from above and the evil ones always emanate naturally from the earth, from below. That to be enlightened one must be from above the clouds or accept their wisdom in humility.

I still don't see how Machu Picchu has such finely-fit stones that look molded to fit so well that were crafted by chisels.
Man kind for a long time lived outdoors and then lived in buildings without light pollution at night...stars dominated the night sky...full of wonder and amazement and to disappear during the day. Explain why many cultures have beings coming up from the ground. Do you believe in ancient subterranean beings too?

Machu Picchu stones: NOVA Online | Inca | Questions & Answers

Old 09-28-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
You're the debunker that posts a 3 hour video. Explain it to me.
So you can't explain baalbek ancient alien theories?

What exactly do you believe is weird about baalbek?

Since you are incapable of describing your own belief, could you post a link to your belief? This would help me with a specific response.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:

And that does not look like a helicopter?
So...tens of thousands of ancient carvings and you can find a single one that could look like a helicopter. I saw a cloud the other day that looked like a helicopter...it doesn't mean it was a helicopter.

Quote:
That's not true. When I watch I make note and look things up. I also look up authors and see what they've written and what others have to say about what they've written. H2 is just the beginning of exposure to these ideas and mythology. If you gave it a chance, you could learn something.
No. It is true. Ancient Aliens straight up distorts, lies and tells half truths.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you can't explain baalbek ancient alien theories?

What exactly do you believe is weird about baalbek?

Since you are incapable of describing your own belief, could you post a link to your belief? This would help me with a specific response.
You said it was debunked, explain in your own words how.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So...tens of thousands of ancient carvings and you can find a single one that could look like a helicopter. I saw a cloud the other day that looked like a helicopter...it doesn't mean it was a helicopter.

No. It is true. Ancient Aliens straight up distorts, lies and tells half truths.
Name some of their lies. You've never even watched the program, have you? Fess up.
You keep playing games, therefore have zero integrity. You make accusations and don't back them up with anything lucid. All you do is post what some Bible scholar says.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
You said it was debunked, explain in your own words how.
I posted a link that debunked claims.

You said you wanted it in my own words, but you can't even put what the ancient alien claims are in your own words. I even offered you an out, where you could post a link to the ancient alien claims...but it is hard to tackle claims if you refuse to issue any claims.

I am not going to debunk an infinite amount of claims. Why can't you post some specific claims? You are the one proposing an outrageous theory that requires great evidence.

I think you realize that baalbek ancient alien claims were pure nonsense - hence the game you play. So if you would like to, how about you pick the best evidence for ancient aliens and the specific evidence for it and I will try to produce evidence against it.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Name some of their lies. You've never even watched the program, have you? Fess up.
You keep playing games, therefore have zero integrity. You make accusations and don't back them up with anything lucid. All you do is post what some Bible scholar says.
I've watched the show a few times.

Here is a distortion: alien ufos depicted in medieval art -- when it is clearly depicting the sun and the moon witnessing the biblical scene per the art style of the time as per my link.

Are you ignoring the links because you built a lot of emotion into this? Scientists have shown that people can not think logically when they are emotional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal