Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
The Haunted is produced by a company with Catholic Church leanings. It's my understanding (I am not Catholic, but was raised in an area that was pretty much all Catholic and hung out with two guys were on their way to the priesthood, and are now priests..) that the Catholic view is that all paranormal stuff is demonic. If it doesn't start out that way, it's headed that way.

That's why when I view their stuff, I think of it as entertainment only.
I have no idea about the production company, but the Catholic Church's view is not that all paranormal stuff is demonic. The Catholic view is basically "proceed with caution" in all things paranormal. I don't think the Church has an "official" ruling on things like ghosts, but many Catholic theologians have published theories on them. Here is one: Domestic-Church.Com: Articles: What Are Ghosts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:58 PM

541 posts, read 861,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
So, I was watching an episode of "The Haunted" last night on Destination America. (snip) So, they hired a paranormal investigator and that's when it starts to get stupid. The investigators brought in a voice box, to which the spirit responded very quickly (rarely happens from what I know), and listen to this, it gave the family THREE WARNINGS FOR THE FUTURE.
I remember watching old episodes of "The Haunted" that seemed to be cool but haven't caught any newer ones. I thought that the "Spirit Box" (ghost box) was disproven as a useful device to contact the dead. See this article: http://ocprstoronto.wordpress.com/20...2%80%9D-fraud/

Old 02-05-2014, 08:41 AM

112 posts, read 177,380 times
30 min. was all I could take of it and decided a cup of hot coffee would be something to better make use of my time.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:23 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,087 times
I was watching the same Discovery America channel yesterday, and there was yet another show on that made me question the creator's real motives.

It was this "Unsealed Alien Files" show which claimed, among other things, that the US government is collaborating with aliens and allows them to abduct a certain amount of humans for research. IT also says we are hiding alien-like organisms in New Mexico, and warns of aliens possibly wiping us out in the future once they have everything they need from us.

And then people wonder why others don't think aliens exist. I believe it is possible aliens are out there, but after watching this show, I am now more convinced they AREN'T real. The show is that ridiculous.

Old 02-08-2014, 07:17 PM

98 posts, read 107,443 times
I used to like watching this show, but lately even the shows that are even "new", seem to be just like some of the old ones, did anybody else notice this?

Old 02-09-2014, 11:02 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordy920 View Post
I used to like watching this show, but lately even the shows that are even "new", seem to be just like some of the old ones, did anybody else notice this?
The series is no longer in production. if it's just moved to the Destination Channel, they can designate a show to be "new" if it hasn't appeared on their network before. Doesn't mean it's new in real time.

So you are very probably seeing episodes you've seen before.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:56 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Take these shows as entertainment value, Enjoy a chill or two and that's it. Even ones that have a basis of truth will be exaggerated. It's TV after all.

One for me stood out-"Monsters and Mysteries in America" had one where a gnome, Yes-a gnome like you are thinking with the pointy hat and everything of terrorized a family. Spooky and entertaining, Not believable.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:59 PM

50 posts, read 100,925 times
I enjoy the show but I will agree that some episodes are just no good and I'll change the channel. "A Haunting" was good too when they use to air that, however it seems like their not making any new episodes for that, I've been seeing re-runs. Paranormal witness is pretty good as well.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:33 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
At some point, you really have to question the motivation and credibility of some of the FOR PROFIT TV channels out there.

Bigfoot 'body' on display in Phoenix area - CBS 5 - KPHO

I mean, dear lord....look at all the bigfoot shows.

I keep waiting for Animal Planet to start running Jaws as a documentary, they really scrape bottom.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:05 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
I didn't care for it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal