Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:58 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,570,003 times

Advertisements

You'd be surprised how little the internet has on this subject. But, other than the popular Sylvia Browne, who is America's top psychic? Has anyone here ever used one they would say was wonderful?
Personally, I would like to have this experience...I'm curious, you could say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 09:56 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,227,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
You'd be surprised how little the internet has on this subject. But, other than the popular Sylvia Browne, who is America's top psychic? Has anyone here ever used one they would say was wonderful?

No thank you, it's not for me. I think SB is a bit wacko, just my opinion.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,989,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Sylvia Browne is a fraud who picks her teeth while licking her chops. She's a disgusting woman who has defrauded thousands of gullible people.
Can anyone think of one thing she was right on? Nope.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:11 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,842,411 times
I'll third that notion about Sylvia Brown. Your wasting your time even thinking about this stuff.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:11 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,580 times
It's a no no.

"Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:31)

"And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people." (Leviticus 20:6)

"There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer." (Deuteronomy 18:12)

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." (1 Timothy 4:1)

Old 03-17-2007, 11:55 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
It's a no no.

"Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:31)

"And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people." (Leviticus 20:6)

"There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer." (Deuteronomy 18:12)

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." (1 Timothy 4:1)
I agree, I want no part of it. Only God knows what tomorrow holds.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:23 PM

364 posts, read 527,623 times
I have seen two psychic's in my time. One time was for fun in NYC. Happend to be one above a restaurant I was in and thought what the heck. Second time was after the passing of someone very close to me. It was a quick passing and I felt I had no closure. A friend suggested the idea. She had no idea what I was talking about. She was dead wrong from the minute I walked in the door and when I walked out the door. I eventually got my closure from God. But hey, I tried it. Can't knock it till you do.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:28 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,255 times
I too believe Sylvia Browne is a fraud. However, there are some psychics that do indeed give out correct information, that are not phoney. But...is this practice ok? You REALLY have to ask where their super-natural power came from. I believe you will be dreadfully deceived if you choose to go down this road. Just because some have this power does not mean it's ok. Consider the following:

quote:
""Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:31)

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." (1 Timothy 4:1)" unquote

Truth...
Bud

Old 03-18-2007, 09:30 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Yes, I think she is a definite fraud, looks more like a truck driver than psychic (sorry, no offense anyone). But John Edwards is interesting.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:52 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,769,198 times
I too am facinated by John Edwards...he's not bad looking either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal