Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:03 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times

Advertisements

Many years ago, John Edwards came to a Borders in my old Italian neighborhood. It was part of a local evening tv show. Anyway, John Edwards, as he went into somewhat of a trance, said the name Joe or Joey was coming through and asked who had a relative by that name. Everyone laughed. Probably every Italian has a relative named Joe or Joey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 02:44 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
At least I'm not alone in my feelings. A lot of times it seems that people can't believe what they don't see, my hubby included, he doesn't believe in any of this garbage is what he says. I do believe that we go onto God after death so what is so wrong about believing that the alive and "dead from here" can't overlap at some point.

Just my thought!
What's wrong with it is that the Bible tells us specifically that the dead are unaware of us who are living and there is no contact. This means that if a person or medium is actually giving accurate information, it's coming from demonic sources.
These so-called psychics like Sylvia Browne and Jonathan Edwards clearly don't even have that connection.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,379,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
What's wrong with it is that the Bible tells us specifically that the dead are unaware of us who are living and there is no contact. This means that if a person or medium is actually giving accurate information, it's coming from demonic sources.
These so-called psychics like Sylvia Browne and Jonathan Edwards clearly don't even have that connection.
I am not sure about that verse but I am sorry I have to disagree. I have known many people who passed away and I am sure they are aware of my life here and even if I am not aware of it they are with me, supporting me and know that one day we will be reunited.

Sorry, I also don't believe in a "Devil". Why would an all loving God, our father send us to something that is the total opposite for eternity? We all have to answer to our "free will" choices one day.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:10 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janipoo View Post
I am not sure about that verse but I am sorry I have to disagree. I have known many people who passed away and I am sure they are aware of my life here and even if I am not aware of it they are with me, supporting me and know that one day we will be reunited.

Sorry, I also don't believe in a "Devil". Why would an all loving God, our father send us to something that is the total opposite for eternity? We all have to answer to our "free will" choices one day.
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 (KJV)

Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:31 (NAV)

"And the person who turns after mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from his people." (Leviticus 20:6)

For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? Psalms 6:4-5.

You can disagree with Biblical verses, but I think it's pretty hard to disagree that they exist and say what they say about the dead!

You can pick and choose, but that doesn't mean the verses don't exist. God Himself even says don't contact mediums or spiritists. Is He not a high enough authority for you?

Old 03-19-2007, 03:19 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
this is one reason i definitely believe there's something more beyond death, i wrote this in another thread a couple weeks ago, and its true

coming back from a fishing weekend, in the backwoods of maine, i stopped at a store, we bought some chips and a pizza, and on the way out, i saw a man standing at the exit, he turned looked at me, said my name, and i looked at him, then i recognized it was , an old neighbor ,,,where i grew up, we shook hands, i asked many questions, he didnt say much,,,and my friends were , hollaring at me to get back to the car, well, as i said goodbye, and turned, it hit me,,,im over 40, and i was 10-15 when i knew him as a neighbor, and he looked exactly the same!!, i turned around quickly, and of course, he was gone,,,,,,well, with this weird feeling eating away at me, i called my sister, ,,,,tell her who i saw and how weird it was, and she said,,,no way,,,he died 10 years ago,,,i said he couldnt have, i just saw him,,,he said my name, and she asked, what did he call me,,,and it was tommy,,,,,not tom,,,,only my mother and childhood friends call me tommy,(now)
anyways,,,we pulled out of the parking lot and a state trooper went flying by us,,,,,,4 miles down the road, there was a three car pile-up,,,,and if i left ,,,the store ,,without seeing,,"my old neighbor" id have more than likely been one of those cars....
well, i was freaked,,,so i made some more calls when i got home, and sure enough the guy did die ten years earlier.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:35 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,379,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 (KJV)

Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:31 (NAV)

"And the person who turns after mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from his people." (Leviticus 20:6)

For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks? Psalms 6:4-5.

You can disagree with Biblical verses, but I think it's pretty hard to disagree that they exist and say what they say about the dead!

You can pick and choose, but that doesn't mean the verses don't exist. God Himself even says don't contact mediums or spiritists. Is He not a high enough authority for you?
Oh no, I didn't say they didn't existed just I didn't recall them. Also, I should say that I don't believe that you should seek our physics to fill a spiritual or whatever need. That has to come from within yourself and God. I just think that there are people that are more sensitive to the energy, there are also a lot people claiming to be able to just to make a buck.

Also I should say, that may not go over too well but the Bible is also how it is interpreted, just look at all the different religions.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM

282 posts, read 1,264,247 times
We have our very own Phil Jordan. He is completely legit.
He's a Minister, too.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:43 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,584 times
There's been a US$1,000,000 dollar prize offered for many years to anybody who can demonstrate psychic ability in a simple experiment like knowing the result of coin tosses.

Nobody has claimed it, and nobody will.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:47 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,567,566 times
Thanks for all the interest in this question and thread. I was curious as to the answers you all would have on this subject. Most all went on to say how much they don't believe in psychics. This is kinda like all the men who swear they never have seen a prostitute...so then why are there so many around then? Somebody is seeing them. And somebody on this board is seeing psychics, too. That should give you something to think about, hopefully.
Obviously, somebody is watching Montel because he has Sylvia Browne on for the ratings (which is all he and his producers care about).
A true psychic should not be charging for their services. Sylvia Browne is up for debate. Her arrogance alone makes me suspect her of being a fake. And
I agree Sylvia Browne is disgusting to watch. What the hell is she doing with those dragon lady nails flailing about? She has truly some irritating personal habits while talking.
But keep more of an open mind than most of you are expressing here. Some people ARE more intuitive than others...that is not to say the vast majority of psychics should not be scoffed at, tho. Just there are a few people who do have more intuition than the norm...and that is a proven fact by many universities and studies on the paranormal.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:00 PM

685 posts, read 112,445 times
[quote=TootsieWootsie;466696]You'd be surprised how little the internet has on this subject. But, other than the popular Sylvia Browne, who is America's top psychic? I would have to say John Edwards, although he no longer does his tv show Crossing over...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal