Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 01:51 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sure they can go bi-pedal whenever they choose. They do travel quadrupedal as well.
I'm not so sure about this. The most convincing video, to my mind d, I have seen showed a bipedal animal, moving at unbelievable speed,. All other animals that can go bipedal from quadrapedal, move best on four legs, and, being on two is uncomfortable and usually done as a defensive posture only. Ala, a bear or gorilla.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:07 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I'm not so sure about this. The most convincing video, to my mind d, I have seen showed a bipedal animal, moving at unbelievable speed,. All other animals that can go bipedal from quadrapedal, move best on four legs, and, being on two is uncomfortable and usually done as a defensive posture only. Ala, a bear or gorilla.
They can move very fast on all fours. Down in the weeds and brush and you just hardly see them.

Here is another tip: When you see one then be most assured that another one is very close.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:56 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
In all seriousness, Versatile: You're obviously a true believer when it comes to Bigfoot. Do you think Bigfoot is natural or supernatural in origin?

I ask because the behavior and anatomy and diet you're describing has no other comparable creature in nature, either living or extinct. Bigfoot can run upright faster than a deer through deep snow, but can also move on all fours through thick brush. Bigfoot is an apex predator that lives in packs but avoids human beings. And it has some sort of scent attack that it can use to discourage predators. Some breeds are huge, larger than humans, while others are small and can easily avoid detection by the most technologically advanced equipment we have.

What is the closest comparison creature you can think of?

Old 02-10-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
In all seriousness, Versatile: You're obviously a true believer when it comes to Bigfoot. Do you think Bigfoot is natural or supernatural in origin?

I ask because the behavior and anatomy and diet you're describing has no other comparable creature in nature, either living or extinct. Bigfoot can run upright faster than a deer through deep snow, but can also move on all fours through thick brush. Bigfoot is an apex predator that lives in packs but avoids human beings. And it has some sort of scent attack that it can use to discourage predators. Some breeds are huge, larger than humans, while others are small and can easily avoid detection by the most technologically advanced equipment we have.

What is the closest comparison creature you can think of?
I have nothing to compare it too. You pretty much described these creatures. I don't know anything about supernatural things so i actually shouldn't comment.At times i have thought there must be something supernatural like maybe a 4th dimension. But as i said i have no knowledge about that stuff.The old salts say no to that stuff. I do think from everything i have read or been told or learned just listening to the people there is something to ultrasound in regards to these creatures. I say that because very often when these creatures are around then all birds etc go silent. Why would birds go silent?

I still have lot's of wonders and questions about these creatures.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:49 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
They can move very fast on all fours. Down in the weeds and brush and you just hardly see them.

Here is another tip: When you see one then be most assured that another one is very close.
I could get on board with that IF their legs were reversed, like an Ostrich. But they are built more like humans. Going quadraped would be like that dreaded PE punishment from high school...the bear crawl. As to their woodcraft, it seems unmatched, thus my theory of sentience. Perhaps, on a level a bit above what the Neanderthal had. However, we have no evidence of advanced tool making, but that is no absolute proof they don't do so. At least some of them.

It is great fun theorizing about all this, I must admit. I'm going to go ratting around in the Southern Sierra this Spring, just for giggles, and take a good camera. I've been into that country, moving cattle, quite a bit, but always further Northwest from where the most sighting reports come from.

There are reports of other creatures, from the Midwest, N East and deep South that interest me more than Saquatch. Reports of large, aggressive and oddly(very) built canines. Or canine like, anyway. Should I be ever able, my son and I would go in search of. The documentaries on these predators, that I have seen, fascinate me, and scare me, a bit. Lol, I guess, wanting to go looking is like the girl in the horror movies that goes down in the basement, in defiance of all common sense and despite the loud protestations of the audience.

I reckon, if it be my destiny, there would be worse ways to check out than facing down some new species of apex predator. This kinda stuff really gets me going. These new canines, being reported, are my prime fascination, but I'm closer to Bigfoot country. I have seen coyote hybrids that aren't far off the descriptions from the other side of the country. I'm wondering if the later is some sort of hybrid.

At any rate, I find the possibilities, of Bigfoot, these canines, Loch Ness, etc, more interesting than the clinical science and dogmatic scepticism.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:13 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
Why are you comparing a close-up of a lawn to a black bear?

Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Common green eyed black cat. I've had several in my life. Humans are the only great ape that have eye colouring other than black or deep brown. Lemurs have green eyes for what it's worth. So, in my opinion, that's a black cat in the tall weeds. An image I have of my own green eyed black cats. Then again, European humans have blue, green or grey eyes, no doubt due to our having lived through an ice age. Those humans who were closer to the equator retained their dark eyes. But, all humans and other great apes have round pupils. The animal in the tall weeds appears to have slitted cat like pupils (not very clear), evolved for night vision. There are primates with night vision though, that being the African Bushbaby (from it's baby like cries) and the lemur.

Just to clarify my position/interest in bigfoot, I would be very disappointed if it turned out that bigfoot did not exist. I am not a religious person - I do not believe things into existence. I want absolute proof. I am however, open minded so I am listening.

Last edited by 303Guy; 02-10-2015 at 11:14 PM..

Old 02-11-2015, 06:16 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,289,197 times
Quote:
I have nothing to compare it too. You pretty much described these creatures.
What you are describing doesn't exist in nature. There's nothing even remotely close in existing animals or the fossil record. If what you're describing is actually out there (and I am one of the ones seeing a tremendous "if" in glowing neon letters), the supernatural is the only explanation.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Why are you comparing a close-up of a lawn to a black bear?

Some ties standing back from the screen a bit will help. Focus on the green eye. The switch to the black and white.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What you are describing doesn't exist in nature. There's nothing even remotely close in existing animals or the fossil record. If what you're describing is actually out there (and I am one of the ones seeing a tremendous "if" in glowing neon letters), the supernatural is the only explanation.
Wouldn't Occams Razor say it is most likely not supernatural at all?

Ah but it does exist. A friend of mine has an elderly father who once put it so clearly. "They don't believe because they just have not seen one yet."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal