Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 05:43 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
One wonders why that would be?
Yes, even more than 'one' would wonder this.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:59 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The coyotes bite to the neck and suffocation of the prey might not be visible to an untrained eye? On the other hand the hole, they chewed in the anus, would be visible.

As far as what a rancher would or would not do; anything is possible. Perhaps the sheep had broken legs or died of natural causes and the meat could not be saved? Possibly a rancher was really upset over the number of sheep they were losing to predators? It is hard to speculate what people might or might not do.

As far as those cattle mutilations and bigfoot: I have never even heard any stories of Bigfoot carrying a surgeons scalpel. It would be more likely human or extraterrestrial (if there is such a thing). First we have to rule out human intervention.
Yes, I don't know about which "sheep" you are referring to, but there are all sorts of possible explanations, and one should stick with the simplest explanation that fits the facts. Unless one is having fun coming up with wild theories in this particular forum.

Go ahead and check out the mutilations link, it's not that long and is kind of cool.

I wasn't the one coming up with the explanation of Bigfoot for surgical mutilations, that was Versatile. I'm the one saying "it was aliens from a ufo!".

Old 02-15-2015, 06:16 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Yes, I don't know about which "sheep" you are referring to, but there are all sorts of possible explanations, and one should stick with the simplest explanation that fits the facts. Unless one is having fun coming up with wild theories in this particular forum.

Go ahead and check out the mutilations link, it's not that long and is kind of cool.

I wasn't the one coming up with the explanation of Bigfoot for surgical mutilations, that was Versatile. I'm the one saying "it was aliens from a ufo!".
Sorry! I got my sheep and goats mixed up!

Old 02-15-2015, 06:42 PM

7,132 posts, read 12,672,910 times
I readily accept the existence of Bigfoot, UFO's and other forms of intelligent life. Why? I think it be smug not to...we are not alone..so many other universes out there....so many sightings over the years. That's a heck of a lot ot weather balloons...

And if there is a population of Bigfoots, they do well to avoid humankind. We tend to kill that which we don't understand or fear.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:14 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

When and where did i say this?

Bigfoot for surgical mutilations, that was Versatile. I'm the one saying "it was aliens from a ufo!". [/quote]

Old 02-16-2015, 08:16 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Yes, even more than 'one' would wonder this.
Its something to ponder. I can't verify the story, but, I do trust my buddys lady, in her word. They also tell me that it is a law, on the books, in WA. State that shooting a Sasquatch is forbidden. I find that interesting, as well.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:45 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Its something to ponder. I can't verify the story, but, I do trust my buddys lady, in her word. They also tell me that it is a law, on the books, in WA. State that shooting a Sasquatch is forbidden. I find that interesting, as well.
About seven years ago my wife and I spotted a mountain lion in northeastern PA. We were driving into our hunting camp on a dirt road and I thought I saw a coyote about two hundred yards in front of us on the dirt road. I asked my wife to hold on because I wanted to get a better look. The animal ran straight away from us down the dirt road. We got within 20 yards and could clearly see the curved tail and the cat's gait - before the cat sprang off the road and into the red brush. No; we could not clearly see the head - but there was no mistaking the rest of the cat's body. I asked my wife what she thought the animal was first and she said mountain lion. I thought that it was about a 100 hundred pound cougar.

We (I) called our Game Commission after we got home and told them about our sighting. They treated me (us) as if we had been drinking. They said no such beast lived in PA. I asked them if it was OK to shoot it next time I saw it? They replied NO - that they were endangered. I asked how they could be endangered if they did not exist? Anyway; I promised that I would not shoot it and never did see the animal again.

I was glad that one turned up dead two years ago on a Connecticut road. It gave our sighting some credibility.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:33 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,285,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Wow. That is true. Learn something new every day.

Quote:
Dumb Laws, Stupid Laws: We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

Full Text of the Law

Undiscovered Species Protection Act

Whereas, there is evidence to indicate the possible existence of an undiscovered species a primate mammal variously described as Bigfoot, Sasquatch, an ape-like creature or a subspecies of Homo Sapiens.
Whereas, reported recent and past sightings, research by anthropologist, Primatologist, biologist, forensic experts, cryptozooligst, independent organizations, private individuals and the famous chimpanzee researcher Jane Goodall support this possibility.

Whereas, the absence of specific laws covering the slaying, taking, trapping or harassing of said specimens encourages laxity in the use of firearms and other deadly devices and poses a clear and present threat to the safety and well-being of persons living or traveling within the boundaries of the creatures habitat as well as to the creatures themselves.

Whereas, for the safety of all, the carrying or dispersing of firearms requires a sense of responsibility to all surrounding individuals and animals. It is the shooters full responsibility to correctly identify the species before the taking of aim and or the killing of a species, therefore ignorance will not absolve the shooter of said charges.

Whereas, be it resolved that any premeditated, willful and wanton slaying harassing or any malicious activities upon such creature shall be deemed a felony punishable by a fine not to exceed One hundred Thousand Dollars ($100.0000) and/or imprisonment, not to exceed ten (10) years.

Whereas, in the event of the slaying or capture of said creature any and all (moneys) proceeds and revenues shall be donated to a state college for future studies and or the protection of said creatures. The rights and physical possession to the said creature shall also be immediately donated to a state college, for further studies.

Old 02-16-2015, 12:06 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
In Mo. the law is that if it is not listed as a species that is to be hunted then you cannot hunt it.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:20 PM

11,024 posts, read 5,991,147 times
So Jane supported the possibility of the existence of bigfoot? Now that's interesting! Well, I don't deny the possibility but I sure would like absolute proof (or at least very convincing evidence). I do not want a dead body to prove it. If it exists it must be left to exist, not killed for proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal