Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 02:45 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
You wouldn't have had a problem with too many squirrels if you had grown up in West Virginia. It's the only place where a teenage guy can ask a teenage girl if she wants to go out in the woods to hunt for a squirrel, and not have her erupt into giggles ..... or have the father remain calm and take him at his literal word. They have a likin' for fried squirrel and squirrel stew down thereabouts, and so have no squirrels still living within walking distance of rural houses.

Oh, I forgot, this is a Sasquatch thread ...... ummm, bigfoots eat squirrels like so much popcorn, so maybe you could set out some popped corn threaded with fishhooks and the line connecting to a bucket of ice water above, so the squirrels would eat the popcorn and just dangle there squirming, and then the bigfoots would see the squirrels and take the bait. Then the bucket would come crashing down on him, and a trail camera could take a picture of him getting truly pissed off. That would really be Messin' with Sasquatch!
I love this post! I tried to bribe my teacher with a dead rabbit one time! It didn't work; she still wanted me to come to school on the first day of small game season! Perhaps if I lived in WV?

Actually I don't think even BF would be interested in flying squirrels - just not enough meat on the bone + they are endangered and we don't want to get in trouble wardens.

On the other hand; perhaps BF communicates with flying squirrels and talks them into knocking down all of those pans of popcorn hanging from all of those trees? Perhaps instead of Tinsel Town; we can have a new series called Tinsel Woods? BF could play a staring roll and do the 'walk and talk with the animals' thing.

PS Ruth4Truth, I always preferred grey squirrels to rabbit when I was younger. To hunt them you watched them climb up the tree and then you threw rocks or limbs on the opposite side. That way the squirrels would come over to the hunters side and we would get the shot. Perhaps that is why BF is always throwing rocks - he just wants the humans to come to his side of the cabin?

Last edited by fisheye; 06-03-2015 at 02:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 02:51 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
He we have some more BF sighting reports from PA. According to some these people are just hoaxers and gullible idiots. Are you from PA? Are you an idiot Pennsylvanian that thinks they have seen a BF. no way!
Surely then you must fall into this category.

Archived Reports - The Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society

Below is a listing of historical reports by County. Click on the county to view a summary of those reports.

Witness names, and exact locations are being withheld due to privacy issues and further follow up investigations.

What a bunch of fakes. I was always told to not trust anyone from the east coast.
LOL! How do these qualify as sightings?
Footprints?
Large hairy fast creature?
Holy crap. That's terrible.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:34 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont blame you, but we have to accept there will be these people on all major forums these days.

It is just another way that those who are paid to misinform, misdirect, and generally disrupt, work to accomplish their goals. Goals which are set by masters who have other agendas and who definitely do NOT want us finding out stuff they have not managed (in an information management kind-of way).

You have to ask yourself why there is so much effort to keep posting when it is obvious that they do not accept the existence of Bigfoot? I may be paranoid, but my common sense and only conclusion is that they do it to please the master, because anyone else would have just ignored the thread and allowed it to die from inactivity. Basically, the masters are afraid that someone sometime will come up with an argument which convinces anyone visiting and reading the thread that Bigfoot are genuine.

I have started threads and seen threads on other subjects which are not so sensitive and they have died after a couple of pages. However, popular subjects which must be sensitive in nature seem to attract the paid performers who are trained in character and topic assasination. Normal forum people just dont keep plugging away at the believers like this.
Didn't you already post this about 15 pages ago? For the Nth time, some of us are interested. We keep hoping for evidence that is not forthcoming. Not yet, anyway.

Occasional digressions are allowed. They happen on many of the threads. I think flying squirrels are cool, there's nothing wrong with saying so.

Anyone with BF evidence that stands up to scrutiny is welcome to post. Anyone can revive this thread anytime, if they have some BF news to post.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:33 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
It is impossible for me to imagine any large creature that could hide during the daylight hours - they would have to be someplace.
What area of the United States would you suppose is covered by roads and parking lots? How does 61,000 square miles sound? That is bigger than the state of Georgia.

By comparison, how much of the United States is covered in forest?

That is not all solid forest but it gives some idea of how much forest there actually is in the US. Is there enough wild forest to hide a bigfoot in?

What troubles me are the inconsistencies in the descriptions of bigfoot and its habits. Furthermore, it seems almost like all bigfoot foot prints are either hoaxes or bear. I once came across leopard foot prints that turned out to be a very large dog. Luckily I only claimed that they looked like leopard foot prints and there could possibly have been leopard in the area.

Bigfoot are reported to have a very long stride. That would indicate a tall, long legged, bipedal creature but the stride length often reported seems a little stretched.

Last edited by 303Guy; 06-05-2015 at 01:10 AM..

Old 06-05-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Furthermore, it seems almost like all bigfoot foot prints are either hoaxes or bear. I once came across leopard foot prints that turned out to be a very large dog. Luckily I only claimed that they looked like leopard foot prints and there could possibly have been leopard in the area.
Foot prints in the snow can melt and make the prints look much bigger than they actually are. Rain can erode tracks to look larger than they actually are. The time of the year is also important - how dry, wet, frozen or snow covered. Then you have animals that step in their own tracks or do things not 'normal' like when they stand on two legs.

The early Spring, when the frost is coming out of the ground, can be one crazy time for tracks. Sometimes I look back at my own tracks and they look like BF tracks. That is because the frozen ground is breaking under my feet.

But then it still comes down to where is a big pile of scat to go with any tracks? Sooner or later all animals defecate. So it all comes around to lack of evidence.

Old 06-06-2015, 02:02 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times
OK so someone caught a bigfoot napping. Only got a photo of the feet though.

OK, so it's a brown bear. Brown bear step in their front print or actually just merging with it so we get a large footprint.

This is an alleged bigfoot footprint.
Here's the link; http://www.isu.edu/~meldd/fxnlmorph.html

Have a read, it's quite interesting and short.

I find it troubling that some 'bigfoot' footprints show a human like foot while others show splayed toes. For such a rare creature there sure is a lot of variety! That is suspicious.

Last edited by 303Guy; 06-06-2015 at 02:11 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 05:18 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
woof -
Quote:
I shouldn't laugh because I've come to realize that there really are some grand malevolent conspiracies in this world ...... but they don't involve massive worldwide Bigfoot coverups. That's all.
...And you are so sure of this, how?

What makes Bigfoot any different from the rest of your "grand malevolent conspiracies" ?

Absolutely NOTHING.

On Edit:
303guy -
Quote:
I find it troubling that some 'bigfoot' footprints show a human like foot while others show splayed toes. For such a rare creature there sure is a lot of variety! That is suspicious.
Why should it be suspicious? Probably only to armchair experts like us?

Professor Meldrum explains in the article the reasons for the different footprint shapes illustrated but they are within a range, just like human footprints are similar in shape. However, occasionally you get a human with a deformity due to injury or genetic problems. I assume the same thing may happen to all creatures which is how trackers can identify what animal they are tracking from their footprints.

Bear footprints over a distance would probably show the clawmarks and difference in print to humanoid footprints. It is only where there is a single documented footprint that there may be some doubt.

The thing we have to remember is that these professors have spent years studying different examples and they also know the anatomy of the foot and details of the gait as well so they have more of an anatomical basis for their opinions than we do.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 06-06-2015 at 05:40 PM..

Old 06-06-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
these professors
"These professors" are only one handful; most in the field do not take up this cause. Yes; you have names like Meldrum, Grover Krantz, and Susan Cachel. But approximately 400+ enter the field every year and do not go down this path.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:29 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
No way, dude.
I am all about the mysterious, undiscovered, legends, new species, etc.
I LOVE that stuff.

There has never been anything that has led me to seriously believe in the Bigfoot thing.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:11 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
"These professors" are only one handful; most in the field do not take up this cause. Yes; you have names like Meldrum, Grover Krantz,and Susan Cachel. But approximately 400+ enter the field every year and do not go down this path
Thats rather obvious really. There are thousands of fields of research where only a few scientists are active.

The simple facts of it are that graduates coming out of university are thinking of a future career and there is very little funding for 'fringe' research and very few opportunities.

Scientists who have gone down this path have probably come from other disciplines and moved into that area after their career has become established and they feel their scientific reputation is solid enough for other scientists to take them seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal