Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:58 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times

Advertisements

I have a friend of mine who keeps dreaming the same dream, night after night, that she gets in a car accident in a certain city.,.. She will be traveling on a road trip.

She started telling me about the dream and said she had it again....She was terrified, woke up and wondered if it were a warning of some sort... I had just watched the episode Twilight Zone "Twenty Two" where this woman kept dreaming the same bad dream. Her psychiatrist told her to change the dream, change the circumstance, to see if she could get another outcome.

I told my friend to change the city (avoid the city) that she is having a bad dream about having an accident in that city. I told her let me know if she has the bad dream again. She said she did not have the bad dream about crashing the car in the city (after she decided not to drive through that city) that was in her dream. (my logic says, once she knew she was not going to be driving in that city, the tension eased up).

I am no psychologist but I told her, if it made her feel better, to not drive in that certain city.

My question is: Do you feel dreams can predict something bad is going to happen?

I have heard a man who dreamt about an airline crashing for 7 nights in row and actually contacted the airline. They tried to get more specifics from him but I believe on the 8th night, he did not have the dream but the airline did crash... (don't have a link to it) just remember reading or seeing something about it...

Should my friend (A) ignore the dreams (B) pay attention to the dreams, it's trying to tell her something (C) re-route her trip to ease her fears (D) Fate is fate and she can't change what might happen...

I pick B., pay attention because maybe the dream might be trying to warn her....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 08:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I have a friend of mine who keeps dreaming the same dream, night after night, that she gets in a car accident in a certain city.,.. She will be traveling on a road trip.

She started telling me about the dream and said she had it again....She was terrified, woke up and wondered if it were a warning of some sort... I had just watched the episode Twilight Zone "Twenty Two" where this woman kept dreaming the same bad dream. Her psychiatrist told her to change the dream, change the circumstance, to see if she could get another outcome.

I told my friend to change the city (avoid the city) that she is having a bad dream about having an accident in that city. I told her let me know if she has the bad dream again. She said she did not have the bad dream about crashing the car in the city (after she decided not to drive through that city) that was in her dream. (my logic says, once she knew she was not going to be driving in that city, the tension eased up).

I am no psychologist but I told her, if it made her feel better, to not drive in that certain city.

My question is: Do you feel dreams can predict something bad is going to happen?

I have heard a man who dreamt about an airline crashing for 7 nights in row and actually contacted the airline. They tried to get more specifics from him but I believe on the 8th night, he did not have the dream but the airline did crash... (don't have a link to it) just remember reading or seeing something about it...

Should my friend (A) ignore the dreams (B) pay attention to the dreams, it's trying to tell her something (C) re-route her trip to ease her fears (D) Fate is fate and she can't change what might happen...

I pick B., pay attention because maybe the dream might be trying to warn her....
I think if you consistently have dreams that come true -- worry. If, like me, you hate flying, you're dreaming that because you hate flying.

My dreams have given me some personal insight... but nothing else.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:28 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,306,326 times
I have no insight on what this means but did have the same scary dream when I was younger on multiple occasions. I was at my grandpas farm house and his silo fell over onto the house and engulfed the entire house in flames. I had this dream over a dozen times I would say and it was always slightly different but similar in nature. This never came true in real life and has been the only dream I had more than once.

Has anyone had scary dreams tHat wake them up, only to fall asleep and return/continue the same dream? I've had plenty of those and dispise them.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:50 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I think if you consistently have dreams that come true -- worry. If, like me, you hate flying, you're dreaming that because you hate flying.

My dreams have given me some personal insight... but nothing else.
I have reoccurring dreams all the time that come true. It's usually about a situation I will eventually be in or deal with. ( not that I want to)

It's funny sometimes how they come across.. All the Exorcist drama means it will usually happen soon. The last one I had was about total separation ( Spirit, Mind and Body). I had the same dream two nights in a row but I looked different each time.

I always watch myself sleeping is how those dreams start off. ( asleep in my bed)

Old 04-18-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
I have no insight on what this means but did have the same scary dream when I was younger on multiple occasions. I was at my grandpas farm house and his silo fell over onto the house and engulfed the entire house in flames. I had this dream over a dozen times I would say and it was always slightly different but similar in nature. This never came true in real life and has been the only dream I had more than once.

Has anyone had scary dreams tHat wake them up, only to fall asleep and return/continue the same dream? I've had plenty of those and dispise them.
Yes, I do. I wake up and then go back to bed occasionally and continue the dream like I never woke-up at all. It doesn't bother me, mainly due to repetition

Old 04-18-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

It's a hidden fear but I don't know if it's tied to a road trip. A road trip is a picture, not a circumstance. She could have a fear of moving ( forward, backward) financial, physical, or a relationship.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:

You were worried about your grandfather being vulnerable when you weren't there. Ego, or close relationship.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:40 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,306,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
You were worried about your grandfather being vulnerable when you weren't there. Ego, or close relationship.
Nice assessment. I believe it was also partly due to my extreme fear of fire. We should have an analyze my latest dream sticky on this subforum!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Nice assessment. I believe it was also partly due to my extreme fear of fire. We should have an analyze my latest dream sticky on this subforum!
Ready, set, GO!

Old 04-19-2015, 12:45 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
To the OP,
If you have read any of my post about dreaming, then you know I believe I know what dreams are, why they happen, and why a particular dream is at it is, and in this case, a repeating dream.
The repeating dream could possibly be the experiences that the spirit within your friend is living something that may have happened in a past life.
Perhaps this accident is how the person died that was incarnated with the same spirit your friend has presently.

As I have said in other post concerning dreams, dreams are what our subconscious sees when we fall asleep.
In reality dreams are the actions and events your spirit is witnessing as you sleep.
When we sleep, that is the time our spirits take leave of our bodies.
Not totally though, they still reside in our bodies, but they are capable of leaving the body, while still a part of the spirit remains.

Spirits live many lives, and often when they return to the spirit world as you sleep, they are drawn to memories of previous existences.
I have little doubt that the spirit incarnated in your friend has vivid memories of the life that was in the accident.
It could be searching for closure to that event, even though it is presently incarnated in your friend's body.

Unfortunately we humans can not give closure, and I suspect the dream will continue until such time as the spirit seeks help from elder spirits.
This is not what we call a lost spirit, but rather a troubled spirit.
It can only find solace and comfort from other spirits of higher rank.
When and if that happens, the recurring dream will cease.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal