Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 06:42 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The government is made up of many people. Some believe with all their precious little hearts in UFO's and Aliens. There is no way the Government could hide proof of Aliens or UFO's.
Having worked as a contractor with NASA and the DoD back in the SDI days, I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 06:58 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Maybe. But if so, it certainly isn't "clearly." There is very little ironclad proof of anything.

And here is where the conspiracy theorists always lose me. So all the world's major governments are covering up UFOs. All four branches of the US military are complicit. Even NASA is in on it. The FBI, CIA, etc.

Do you realize how many hundreds and hundreds --- perhaps thousands and thousands? --- of people would have to keep that secret? That does not happen. It has never happened once in human history. People talk. Two men can keep a secret --- but only if one of them is dead. And yet the conspiracy theorists want us to believe that thousands of people for decades have kept the greatest secret in all of human history.

I have a hard time buying that.
I agree with you on the most part but there have been government officials/contractors who have come forward both in the states and europe pertaining to UFO incidents. A couple of former American astronauts and military officials in Belgium I believe come to mind, not to mention airline pilots. Doesn't mean its a conspiracy but more likely something unusual happened with no explanation.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:21 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I agree with you on the most part but there have been government officials/contractors who have come forward both in the states and europe pertaining to UFO incidents. A couple of former American astronauts and military officials in Belgium I believe come to mind, not to mention airline pilots. Doesn't mean its a conspiracy but more likely something unusual happened with no explanation.
Yep. Astronauts, airline pilots, military personnel, police officers, etc. ... all have come forward and admitted they've seen things they cannot explain. I buy that. I'm in that boat with them.

But when it comes to "informants" coming forward to "expose" this great conspiracy, do you notice how none of their stories ever agree? And all too many of them soon fall into new agey froo-froo silliness and paranoia.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:37 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Yep. Astronauts, airline pilots, military personnel, police officers, etc. ... all have come forward and admitted they've seen things they cannot explain. I buy that. I'm in that boat with them.

But when it comes to "informants" coming forward to "expose" this great conspiracy, do you notice how none of their stories ever agree? And all too many of them soon fall into new agey froo-froo silliness and paranoia.
Not only do their stories not match but some of them are outright frauds having never been in the jobs or areas they claim. But people believe them because they WANT to believe them.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:56 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gregory View Post
"Ultimate evidence" lol. I wish I would have watched it.
No you don't. Those shows are an insult to common sense. I can only stand a single second of the guy with the spiked hair and phony tan and looks crazier each time I see him. He's a fake and a fraud. Example, a picture of a pile of rocks and a mountain behind it was shown from one of the mars explorers. That nut compared it to the sphinx and one of the pyramids in Egypt as though they are connected by visitors from Mars, I think, because I immediately turned the channel.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:04 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I can only stand a single second of the guy with the spiked hair and phony tan and looks crazier each time I see him. He's a fake and a fraud.
He's a first class nut case, but I love him. He never fails to make me laugh.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
He's a first class nut case, but I love him. He never fails to make me laugh.
They even say "Ancient Alien theorists believe" instead of naming credentialed people and organizations.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:21 AM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
Quote:
That's like asking, "Would all restaurants be able to survive the extinction of cows?"

The answer is the same: Some would. Some would not. Most would adapt accordingly.

That analogy is a swing and a miss. Humans adjusting to the introduction a more intelligent life form vs. restaurants reacting to an absence of beef and "the answer is the same"... Give me a break.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Do people have any clue what an alien would look like? Maybe they are here but we are used to them.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtoWAtoUT View Post
That analogy is a swing and a miss. Humans adjusting to the introduction a more intelligent life form vs. restaurants reacting to an absence of beef and "the answer is the same"... Give me a break.
What would be so difficult about it? What would you have a problem with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal