Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:09 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times

Advertisements

We have been having fun pointing these out to people. Great little look into how memory works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 03:20 PM

181 posts, read 138,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

Some, I suspect, are corporations changing logos and the like. Logos do change. I have also heard some of them explained as resulting from legal action, for example, you can't refer to something as "fruit" unless there is fruit in it, so the name has to be changed to "froot "
The quote above is so right. Companies do change their logos for many reasons. Sometimes for legal reasons. Sometimes they just want to update their look. I have clothes that have the names and logos on the tags but in some cases they vary. An older pair of jeans or a sweater will say the the brand name, but the tag and the way that the name is presented looks different compared to the newer item. And sometimes companies get sold to other companies. And sometimes when that happens the new owners decide to alter the original logo and make it their own. But they don't change it too much because they do not want to confuse the consumer. They want the original customers of that company to still be able to recognize the product as one that they like and trust.

People misspell things. It's not uncommon.

Another poster pointed out that people confuse quotes just like they do song lyrics. That is so right too.

Nothing out of the ordinary about any of this stuff in my opinion.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:07 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,037,796 times
Last week I was talking with a group of friends and immediately thought of this topic. We were discussing politics and someone mentioned an interview that one of the candidates had given in the past. One person chimed in that it was false, never happened. The rest of us, myself included, said we had seen the video interview. I know I saw the video as well as the others who claimed to have seen it. I decided to look it up and the video is no where to be found. The funny thing I did learn while trying to find the video is that there are 100's of other people searching for this video! I read the comments of the people searching for this video and someone mentioned the Mandela Effect.

The only thing I could find was a reference that the video was pulled from a popular website, perhaps for copy right reasons. Anyway, it always tickles me when something from CD happens in my world!

I have refrained from giving more concise information about the video to keep this from going to a political debate.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:06 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
I don't remember the Mandela incident. There are a lot of quotes from movies that have 'changed' that could be because the lines have always been misquoted by other sources. Some things I cannot swear to but some people have watched these movies dozens of times, and now they are different? It isn't just one person who is experiencing these changes, it is many.

In the movie Field of Dreams, I know for a fact that it was "If you build it they will come" That was the whole premise of the movie. I also know that Eli Whitney was famous for inventing the cotton gin because he was black. Otherwise who would care. He was a noted achiever because he was black. Now he is white? These things don't add up.

I know it is easy to alter memories, but that is also 'supernatural'.....I have no conclusions about why this is happening but it is 'a thing'.

There are false mandela claims that a single person could misremember. It has to be something that is in the collective consciousness of many, and a change is noted by many.
I know it's been explained why it would still be important if he was white. I remember him being black. The only reason I remember him being black was all of my teachers, of many races, saying he was black and that he shouldn't have done that to other blacks.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:34 AM

772 posts, read 913,732 times
All hogwash ... nonsense. ..

go on the street, and ask someone to spell the word fabreeze , or barenstein bears ... people are so used to spell check, 50% would spell the word wrong anyway ..

do you have any examples for people under 31 years old ? I am 31, and I don't remember any of these. .. I watched looney tunes, but have no idea how it was spelled when I was a kit. .

The only think that could convince me, is if the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" changes, or Leo is now purple instead of blue, or something like that.

have any examples for us younger folks to chew on ?

Old 11-16-2016, 09:02 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
All hogwash ... nonsense. ..

go on the street, and ask someone to spell the word fabreeze , or barenstein bears ...

people are so used to spell check, 50% would spell the word wrong anyway ..

do you have any examples for people under 31 years old ? I am 31, and I don't remember any of these. .. I watched looney tunes, but have no idea how it was spelled when I was a kit. .

The only think that could convince me, is if the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" changes, or Leo is now purple instead of blue, or something like that.

have any examples for us younger folks to chew on ?
I can't help but notice, that your post needs a spell check, grammar check and syntax correction worse than most.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:47 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,471,404 times
The only one I really buy into is Berenstein bears because I SWEAR that that is how their name was spelt. Reddit actually has a whole sub-reddit dedicated to the Mandela effect...it has over 30K subscribers, a lot of the stories on there are stupid but if you filter it to the top rated stories it's actually a very interesting read. The Mandela effect is closely tied with the multiple realities/universes theory.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:20 PM

4,186 posts, read 3,399,821 times
Yeesh....people can't look this stuff up?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:18 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
There is a new contribution to the Mandela Effect list that can't just be explained away as bad memory.

In the James Bond movie "Moonraker" Richard Keil plays the henchman Jaws, named so because of his super strong metallic teeth. There is a scene in "Moonraker" where Jaws tries to kill Bond in a tram going down a mountain. Bond escapes, the tram crashes, and a woman helps Jaws out of the rubble. Jaws smiles at the woman revealing his metal teeth, and the woman smiles revealing a mouthful of braces. Instant love!

If you saw the movie in the theater or even on tv, you remember the scene. Guess what? Her braces are now gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1lTyy-HxE

Old 12-01-2016, 06:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wow, this one is way off. I have never before heard anyone say they thought Eli Whitney was black.

Ha ha, that's funny. I thought he was black too. I just looked it up. I just vaguely remember him among all those other inventors you only learn about in February. The peanut guy, the guy who invented the traffic light, the refrigerator inventor.

I'm afraid to look them up now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal