Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 07:34 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Over on the Kentucky forum, they are saying you are full of it 62. Get more info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 08:52 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Over on the Kentucky forum, they are saying you are full of it 62. Get more info.
To be fair there is only one reply that is not you or me. Hopefully some locals will respond.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
I didnt know there was a DM thread on the KY board? I put one on the OH board, looking for people who have had sightings.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am only seeing them in the BF video game I'm playing! I need a bigger gun! The last one seen in Monroe County was in 2011 according to your link.

Yes, I do have a lot of woods around me. Beyond the turkeys was an old garden we had and beyond that is a ticket that goes down to a very small trickle of a stream. While gardening many years ago we would have an animal that use to approach us in the thicket and always stay out of sight. It snorted at us like a deer snort; but deer do not stalk humans. This went on for several months and I never caught a glimpse of the creature. So one evening I played a cripple rabbit call from my deck. I had a large coyote come in and I threw some lead in its direction. I never had the snort again after that; I usually do not miss. But it is spooky being on the second rung of the food chain; we do not like to be stalked.

20 of us own 650 acres about 15 miles from my house and that is more Squatchy than here. That is where we saw the mountain lion years ago. You have to travel 3 miles on dirt roads to get to the cabin and another half mile to our lake. We do not see a lot of bear back there and it does get hunted and driven off every year. I have not hunted for at least 10 years; but I do fish in our 35 acre lake. Late at night I have sat back there on the porch with a crippled rabbit caller playing looking to bag a coyote; but never had any luck. They can travel great distances and I might not have been in the right place at the right time? I never heard any BF calls; but plenty of coyote calls. Now we are getting more and more rattlesnakes because our State protects them and we don't have the rattlesnake hunts we once had.
Quote:
Go see for your self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I will probably buy a trail cam before spring, so I can have it ready to go.

Ive been going back and forth with a few people on the Facebook Dogman groups Im in, they are bringing up the same stuff I used to, and Im having to explain that is NOT proof or evidence, not even if 500K people all tell the same story! ( I dont think they like me on that group anymore, one girl got pretty upset that I was basically calling all these people who had encounters, liars and frauds!(which I never said anything about them, Im assuming they saw something else).

So one of these guys lives somewhat close to me and he claims to have clear video and pictures of a Dogman in Daniel Boone National Forest, he is supposed to be sending it to me anytime now! I will take a look at it and upload here if its worthy...this guy wrote me a HUGE book in the comment sections on one of the FB posts in that group, detailing his experiences with the Dogman, according to how he described the video/pictures, it sounds like he has something, (but we have been down this road before!)

I have to mention it again, the HUGE message this guy wrote to me in the comments...he spent alot of time on that...and to keep talking about this video and pictures....if all this is fake...what is the point? WHy would he waste time like this defending something that is not even real?
Brand new Blobsquatch from Washington DOT cams. Only thing for sure is that is NOT a bear!

https://www.kulr8.com/news/bigfoot-s...885a81098.html

Old 01-27-2020, 08:56 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Brand new Blobsquatch from Washington DOT cams. Only thing for sure is that is NOT a bear!

Is it just a picture or are there more photos that show some movement? Without more it could be anything from a person, to a person in the ghillie suit, to a snowman.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Is it just a picture or are there more photos that show some movement? Without more it could be anything from a person, to a person in the ghillie suit, to a snowman.
I dont see anything humanoid in that 'Low pressure' picture to the right...the other one, that looks like a skier to me, if you look closely, you can sort of see what looks like a handheld pole, that skiers use.

It is interesting an agency is claiming this sighting though, that doesnt happen every day!

Old 01-28-2020, 07:40 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Let's just say that it has been standing in the same position for the last week.

And maybe my brother-in-law has a life-sized bigfoot cutout in that shape that he was forced to move from the mother-in-law's house in the fall, and he lives up at the pass. It has marbles for eyes so it looks pretty cool even from a dozen feet away, but especially so when at night. But that is the back side of it - it's brown on the other side rather than the black side here. I guess he put it there for people coming the other direction.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:51 PM

Here is a new one I just saw today, this guy was an ex Marine...

“I had Dogman encounter on November 15, 2015 in October.
Mountain State Forest near Lee, Massachusetts. I have been an avid outdoorsman, bushcrafter, hunter, survivalist for over three decades. I have hunted all over North America, Alaska, Anticosti Island, have come across every predator cougar, black bear, brown bear, wolves, coyotes. What I saw that Sunday morning was NO bear. It was no more than 75 feet from me. I was on the tail end of a five-day solo.

I had made camp on top of a ridge about 250 feet from a river below me. It was at dawn and I made my way down to the river to retrieve some water to make coffee. The river flows hard and makes quite a bit of noise due to outcrops of rocks in middle of it. As I got closer to the water, I noticed what appeared to be a bear bent over at the water's edge. Now the last thing you want to do is spook a bear. I carry a whistle around my neck which I blow periodically as I'm hiking for that specific reason - to alert bears that I'm coming through. So I blew the whistle. As soon as I blew the whistle, the creature's head spun around, again I still thought it was a bear, but as its head turned its shoulders started turning with it. It was then I instantly knew it was NOT a bear! It had a canine head. It methodically got up, in no rush, it got up on its hind legs then turned completely around. I was in 1st battle Fallujah May, 2004, 2nd battalion 1st Marines and I was afraid, scared every time I went live. But adrenaline took over and I could deal with my fear. But the fear I felt that day was nothing I had ever experienced. I was frozen in fear and could not move. I had a .45 caliber sidearm on me and have drawn that gun thousands and thousands of time at the range. I could not get myself to reach for it. I was petrified. It seemed like a lifetime. It was standing there looking at me. But it was maybe less than a minute, it broke right, got down on all fours went into the bush. I stood there for maybe an hour motionless until I got the courage to move.”

Old 01-28-2020, 06:09 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:

Mountain State Forest near Lee, Massachusetts. I have been an avid outdoorsman, bushcrafter, hunter, survivalist for over three decades. I have hunted all over North America, Alaska, Anticosti Island, have come across every predator cougar, black bear, brown bear, wolves, coyotes. What I saw that Sunday morning was NO bear. It was no more than 75 feet from me. I was on the tail end of a five-day solo.

I had made camp on top of a ridge about 250 feet from a river below me. It was at dawn and I made my way down to the river to retrieve some water to make coffee. The river flows hard and makes quite a bit of noise due to outcrops of rocks in middle of it. As I got closer to the water, I noticed what appeared to be a bear bent over at the water's edge. Now the last thing you want to do is spook a bear. I carry a whistle around my neck which I blow periodically as I'm hiking for that specific reason - to alert bears that I'm coming through. So I blew the whistle. As soon as I blew the whistle, the creature's head spun around, again I still thought it was a bear, but as its head turned its shoulders started turning with it. It was then I instantly knew it was NOT a bear! It had a canine head. It methodically got up, in no rush, it got up on its hind legs then turned completely around. I was in 1st battle Fallujah May, 2004, 2nd battalion 1st Marines and I was afraid, scared every time I went live. But adrenaline took over and I could deal with my fear. But the fear I felt that day was nothing I had ever experienced. I was frozen in fear and could not move. I had a .45 caliber sidearm on me and have drawn that gun thousands and thousands of time at the range. I could not get myself to reach for it. I was petrified. It seemed like a lifetime. It was standing there looking at me. But it was maybe less than a minute, it broke right, got down on all fours went into the bush. I stood there for maybe an hour motionless until I got the courage to move.”
But here we go again. the man blew a whistle and the creature stood up and turned towards him, looked at him for a minute, then got down on all fours and went into the brush. We do know that bears will do things like that.

How far away was the observer? We know his camp was 250' from the river's edge; but we do not know how close he was to the animal he observed. We also do not know if there was brush of vegetation obscuring his view? He did not take his pistol out of his holster; but we have no idea how close he was (maybe he was far enough away that he had time to react if the creature came towards him). Did he take any molds of the tracks, measure them, or simply leave?

What I am saying is that we have another case of somebody observing something; but that is as far as we can go. There is just not enough there.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:23 PM

2,453 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:

I have led a pretty colorful life and tell a lot of stories about it. What I do is tell the story like it happened. What I don't do is add a lot of irrelevant details. I have found those that add a lot of details that have nothing to do with the actual events are usually full of BLEEP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal