Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2020, 10:32 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,674,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Where's the video of that? There are quite a few video clips of empty hospitals. The silly dramatic way in which they are presented make me dubious but I'd still like to see the opposing proof that hospitals are overflowing. Personal videos not media reports that look staged.
Those are pictures of regular hospital rooms, not intensive care. Hospitals and outpatient clinics have cancelled all non-urgent procedures and shuttered small clinics, the local hospital system just furloughed the staff in those divisions due to having no work for them and no income to pay them.

If all you need is a warm bed and maybe an oxygen cannula, better to send the lightly-affected COVID-19 patient home than have them hanging out among the regular hospital population.

All the claims I've seen are clear that it is the intensive care beds and ventilators which are in short supply.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:46 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Those are pictures of regular hospital rooms, not intensive care. Hospitals and outpatient clinics have cancelled all non-urgent procedures and shuttered small clinics, the local hospital system just furloughed the staff in those divisions due to having no work for them and no income to pay them.

If all you need is a warm bed and maybe an oxygen cannula, better to send the lightly-affected COVID-19 patient home than have them hanging out among the regular hospital population.

All the claims I've seen are clear that it is the intensive care beds and ventilators which are in short supply.

That doesn't explain empty hospitals and idle ambulances. The stats I've seen are that about 25% of those hospitalized are in ICU. Plenty of "regular" coronavirus patients. And those patients have to get to the ICU by either entering the hospital entrance or being brought there by ambulance so where are the videos of all these patients entering or ambulances arriving?

All those elective procedures were supposedly canceled to not consume resources needed for coronavirus.

Another thing, all these "mild" cases that are being sent home, do these patients all live alone? Is it wise to send highly contagious people home to be confined in close quarters with 5 or 6 other uninfected people?

Old 04-05-2020, 11:08 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
Citizens are finding the hospitals, supposedly full of cv19 patients, to be completely empty. <---
That's actually a pretty good video, I liked how they caught that one health care worker in the beginning in an outright lie.

However, I don't think this is conspiracy related for these reasons:

The media - doom and gloom sells newspapers (or get's people watching), which in turn makes them money via advertisement. We see it with the media coverage of hurricanes and crime. "If it bleeds, it leads". They are going to push the boundry of "fake news" to suit there own agenda - which is to make everything look as bad as possible. Would people watch the news if the headline says "hey, no problem in this state".

Drama Queens - yeah, another factor of human nature. The one lady that was caught in a lie. Well, imagine the hero she has become when doing an interview and claiming she is overworked and overwhelmed, with lines around the block? It makes her look good, it also may help her center get funds and supplies, a noble but self-serving idea.

Hot Spots - now, some regions and states are extremely impacted by the coronovirus. In most states however, almost all states, that is simply not the case. You have states that have 25,000 hospital beds and 1,000 infections, 80% of which are mild and do not need hospitalization (per latest information). Well how are 200 cases going to overload the system? Now - indeed there are hot spots such as New York (I think NY and NJ have like half the US cases right now). Indeed those are overwhelmed, no doubt. And hospital workers there are indeed heroes. But most of the areas - it's an immaterial impact compared to regular emergencies and health issues they deal with day to day. It's good to see so many hospitals prepared however.

So - no conspiracy, just human nature at work.
I do think coronavirus is a real threat, but such bad reporting such as above does not help matters.

Old 04-05-2020, 11:17 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Even if it IS real, I personally believe it's bioterrorism or, at best, was an accidental release. Quite the coincidence that a bio-warfare lab is just six miles from the wet market; makes the wet market a handy excuse!

Old 04-05-2020, 11:18 AM

I would find the videos a lot more credible if they were conducted in a more objective investigative approach than a conspiracy-theory expose with dramatic background music. And when they show a newscast talking about a specific overcrowded hospital then a video they claim is the next day at the same hospital, I've never seen that hospital before and don't know if that is the same hospital. And even if it is, I don't know that they didn't overlay the narrative onto an old video walk-through.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:37 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
QUOTE: Another thing, all these "mild" cases that are being sent home, do these patients all live alone? Is it wise to send highly contagious people home to be confined in close quarters with 5 or 6 other uninfected people?

Of the total cases, they list relatively few who are dead and other relatively few who are recovered. That leaves a lot of in-betweens! Are they all in total isolation? I find that hard to believe.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:57 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Im starting to wonder if there is something else going on and the virus is a disguise...maybe this is a plan to devastate the US economy intentionally or 'cull the herd' so to speak. Maybe I am just distrustful of Govt, or maybe Im just too much of a conspiracy theorist?!! lol

Anyone care to comment or add a theory?
If it was just happening here that would be one thing but we are not even getting the worst of it if you add up Western Europe's numbers. And I am not sure who gains from the economy being destroyed. Even the government survives on tax revenue and they are getting much less of that.

Only thing that might be possible is China created this and did it on purpose. Its hard to explain how a country that big had so few cases and deaths per million compared to so many other countries. Even now they are only getting 30 cases or less a day. But I am not sold on that either way.

It is all quite surreal. Its like we are all part of some horror movie you might see on Netflix with no way to pause or watch something else. I believe this is going to take years to shake out of.

I do think everyone's life will have a different trajectory. A much lower one than before. Except for those at the top getting the real bailout money.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:13 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
Citizens are finding the hospitals, supposedly full of cv19 patients, to be completely empty. <---
The vast majority of this video showed empty parking lots.

What a surprise! In an environment when elective surgeries are being canceled, and hospitals are prohibiting visitors, we see fewer cars in parking lots. Imagine that.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:25 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,674,058 times
Exclamation Whether China created the virus or not, there's no way they are telling the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Only thing that might be possible is China created this and did it on purpose.
Whether China created the virus or not, there's no way they'll ever tell the whole truth.

The New York Times has even suggested that China is lying to China. Local mid-level bureaucrats in Wuhan and elsewhere in China have been downplaying the case count to avoid censure from Beijing. And the WHO takes the official Chinese data at face value (and ignores Taiwan's reports) to maintain their access to and offices in China -- calling out Beijing's dishonesty would lead to their expulsion, as has already been demonstrated with Western media organizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its hard to explain how a country that big had so few cases and deaths per million compared to so many other countries. Even now they are only getting 30 cases or less a day. But I am not sold on that either way.
Or China is lying about their case/death rates to save face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7AyUQkZFz8

Last edited by Nonesuch; 04-05-2020 at 02:40 PM..

Old 04-05-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
The vast majority of this video showed empty parking lots.

What a surprise! In an environment when elective surgeries are being canceled, and hospitals are prohibiting visitors, we see fewer cars in parking lots. Imagine that.

That's part of the silliness that makes it sensationalist and carries no weight with me. What does concern me is the complete lack of arrivals especially ambulances, scant workers, and their apparent surprise that anyone showed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal