Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 08:41 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleg1 View Post
The supposed scale of the universe is largely based on stellar parallax and gravity theory, which is seriously flawed,... making the stars not much farther away than the planets.
Do you really believe there are stars "not much farther away than the planets"? What is your best guess as to the actual proximity of objects that we currently think are far away? I don't think I've encountered this theory before and it's intriguing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 12:25 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSBjBIsXg54

Old 12-05-2022, 12:50 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A third of the people would want to devote all human resources to worshipping them (aka studying or some other means of being totally devoted to them).

For all we know, folks here on earth are already doing that with regards to current organized religion.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:28 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
For all we know, folks here on earth are already doing that with regards to current organized religion.
Pure speculation.

For all we know, BostonMike7 is the Herald of Galactus and is just hanging out on these messageboards till his master shows up to drain all life energy from our planet. I cannot disprove that. I just don't have a shred of evidence suggesting it is true. The same holds true with organized religion being tied to aliens.

Old 12-05-2022, 03:24 PM

74 posts, read 28,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Do you really believe there are stars "not much farther away than the planets"? What is your best guess as to the actual proximity of objects that we currently think are far away? I don't think I've encountered this theory before and it's intriguing.
Yes, that's what I believe; that they're not orders of magnitude farther, and may be just beyond. If I had to give a range I'd say from 10,000-100,000 miles.

Again:

1) No experiment has ever detected the Earth's motion, as Einstein and Hawking both acknowledged.
2) No independently verifiable experiment has ever detected gravity on Earth. Gravity theory is in tatters and now requires a 97% undetectable, never-seen 'dark matter' substance to reconcile with observations. Gravity theory was brought to us by a severely mentally ill loon who drank brain-destroying mercury daily to improve his health.
3) There is no unique mathematical or observational basis for heliocentrism - rather, it is merely a [fundamentally flawed] philosophical choice [since the mediocrity principle is bunk; there is no proof of other intelligent species or habitable places] - which even controlled Wikipedia admits in its article on the Tychonic system (in which the Sun and stars orbit the stationary Earth, and the planets orbit the Sun) and as renowned cosmologists such as George F.R. Ellis have reminded us:
"People need to be aware that there is a range of models that could explain the observations. I can construct for you a spherically symmetrical universe with Earth at its center, and you cannot disprove it based on observations. You can only exclude it on philosophical grounds. In my view there is absolutely nothing wrong in that. What I want to bring into the open is the fact that we are using philosophical criteria in choosing our models. A lot of cosmology tries to hide that."
See also Steven Hawking: "So which is real, the Ptolemaic or Copernican system? Although it is not uncommon for people to say that Copernicus proved Ptolemy wrong, that is not true...one can use either picture as a model of the universe, for our observations of the heavens can be explained by assuming either the earth or the sun to be at rest."

So, if geocentrism obtains and Earth is not in motion around the Sun, gravity does not exist and neither does stellar parallax (and in all exceeding likelihood, neither would the conventional understanding of aliens, which again is a DoD/CIA/'deep state' fabrication): meaning that celestial bodies could be almost any distance from Earth - maybe only a few thousand miles, or maybe tens or hundreds of thousands; in any case, a finite, coherent distance. It is silly to believe they are 'light years' away just because. Why would the planets be so much closer than stars? There really is no sound reason to believe they would be.

Last edited by pleg1; 12-05-2022 at 03:57 PM..

Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It would take millions of years to get there. We can't even get a person on Mars let alone any ship out past one light year.
..And you know this - How?

We all make crazy assumptions about life around us, and this is just another one of those.

Old 12-05-2022, 09:31 PM

10,304 posts, read 6,837,174 times
So, let's see...aliens show up and the OP thinks that we're going to be superior to them?

Ummm.... they traveled here, remember?

Think about our capabilities, then imagine the capabilities of a being (or, whatever it is) that has the ability to travel, planet to planet to planet.

Yeah, it's gonna be like that...

Old 12-06-2022, 02:54 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
As others have already said, we currently have carthorse technology with rockets and jets. Any being which is say 50 years ahead of us, is going to have better technology and probably going to be able to use wormholes or some other science which we dont yet know about (in mainstream). Of course this is speculation, but it IS likely that we will have a better understanding of our environment and space after 50 years and be able to use better technology.

Anyone who thinks ET has to use the same technology as we do, is not really thinking very much. It is also highly likely that ET is living in our oceans or under our icecaps and not needing to travel from light years away too.

Old 12-06-2022, 03:11 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,029,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Can you imagine what aliens would have thought if they were in America in the 1800s and
witnessed slavery . What would they have thought if they saw people being rounded up and
murdered during the Holocaust ?

No wonder they have not made themselves known . Who would want to come to a planet
like this ?
What if we, ourselves, are just livestock that's been forgotten, for now? Maybe our leaders, are, at this moment in contact, and are brokering deals for how many of us they can do without.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:50 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
"What should happen to THEM?" I would think the question would be what could happen to US since they'll no doubt be a million times smarter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal