Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 PM

824 posts, read 3,601,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Dutch Women

Hair colour: Red/Reddish(3.3%), Blonde(19.7%), Dark blonde/Light brown(50.2%), Dark brown/Black

(26%).

Eye colour: Blue/Gray(52.3%), Green(17.3%), Brown/Black(24.3%), others(6.1%)

Skin: Freckled/very fair(45%), non-freckled(54.1%)

Australian Women (of English and / Irish ancestry.)

Hair colour: Red(6%), Blonde/Mousy(46%), Light brown(32%), Dark brown/Black(16%)

Eye colour: Blue/Gray(52%), Green/Hazel(33%), Brown(14%)

Skin: Freckled/very fair(78%), non-freckled(22%)

In hair and eye colour, the Dutch are not that different from each other, thus they're similar.
I think studies taken from different researchers dont make any sense because they are usually result of different observations and definitions.

I was in 2008 in sydney and I can say that european backpackers really stand out in Australia, specially the northern germanic ones (dutch, swedes, northern germans) because of their hability to tan and noticeable lighter hair than average compared to the overall australian population.

If anything I noticed is that British Islanders are usually much more darker haired/eyed and shorter than other northern europeans (scandinavians/dutch/germans).

Old 05-26-2013, 09:26 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
It actually very uncommon for a person of pure British Isles not to have a single blue-eyed extended family. It's actually impossible, because pure British Islanders are well among Europe's lightest and bluest-eyed people. For example if you take a look at the Faces of Ireland project, you'll will find out actually the most common eye color is blue, irrespective of hair color! Another example out of the 43 American presidents, 88% had ancestry from the British Isles(mostly English to my own surprise) and 88% had blue and other light eyes.
In my fathers family every single person has blue eyes. Including me and I have very few brown eyes in my family. So I would find it odd that someone would not have blue eyed relatives.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
The British are short, right? The tallest basketball player in the world is of English descent, he stands about 7 feet and 8 inches(237.7cm). The tallest rugby player Brian Metcalfe of Scotland stands at 7 feet(213cm). The tallest man ever recorded was Robert Wadlow, an American (most likely of English/Anglo-Saxon descent) stood 8 feet and 11 inches(272cm)!!
I would not classify British people as short.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
I would not classify British people as short.
But germans, dutch and scandinavians are much taller than british on average. Lot of brits are about 5'9 which is quite uncommon among dutch, german and scandinavian youth.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:43 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
Basque whale hunters are the daddys of the British isles people.

The genetic pool of Brits is made by Basques (Mainly) and Scandinavians.
Where did you get those lies? Firstly the R1b subclades of British Islanders is different from that of the Basques! You still stuck to the old school of Sykes?

Old 05-26-2013, 10:59 PM

These are typical southern Scandinavian women, their hair color is not the commonest even in Finland or Sweden but would be easier to find such purely blond-headed people in those two countries than anywhere else in Europe or the world!

A British Islander with a hair color similar, slightly darker perhaps due to an older age. His ancestry indicates Anglo-Saxon or Norse ancestry. The British Islanders would vary from Celtic to western/northern Germanic people.

Last edited by saxonwold; 05-26-2013 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 05-26-2013, 11:42 PM

An Irish child with the typically Celtic colouring. This colouring is common only in Northwestern Europe, from Scandinavia to northern France.

Dark-haired, dark-eyed British Islander(also of Irish descent) represent here the dark Celtic types of the British Isles. This type would be found also in southern Netherlands, Belgium and northern France.

Matt Hopper (England) resembles the people of the Netherlands, northern Germany and Denmark.

The people of the British Isles are mostly north and north-west Europeans. It's that simple.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
But germans, dutch and scandinavians are much taller than british on average. Lot of brits are about 5'9 which is quite uncommon among dutch, german and scandinavian youth.
Well the English are small.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:52 AM

16,656 posts, read 17,422,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Well the English are small.
What makes you say that?

Old 05-27-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:

An Irish child with the typically Celtic colouring. This colouring is common only in Northwestern Europe, from Scandinavia to northern France.

Dark-haired, dark-eyed British Islander(also of Irish descent) represent here the dark Celtic types of the British Isles. This type would be found also in southern Netherlands, Belgium and northern France.

Matt Hopper (England) resembles the people of the Netherlands, northern Germany and Denmark.

The people of the British Isles are mostly north and north-west Europeans. It's that simple.
The British/English are much darker, nowhere in england blond hair is majority, not even in east anglia.

The biggest difference is that east anglia and south east scotland prodominate medium brown hair and in west britain and ireland dark brown is on majority. Anywhere in scandinvia, netherlands and germany blondish and lightrbrown shades are on majority.

The blond british man you posted on second picture (I think thats sting) clearly has underneath dark hair, its not natural blond, about as natural blond as jow elliott from deff leppard, he was most likely someone with light brown hair who bleached his hair blond such as david beckahm. That trend was popular among british Isles musicians, specially in rock bands, you saw sting doing that, rod stewart, iron maiden members, deff leppard, judas priest,whitesnake I cant think how many british bands were popular for dying their hair blonde.

Naturally Very blonde british men must be on single digits.

Anybody who has been extensely to the British Isles can easily notice that the British people is far from being a blonde people (more similar to northern france in colouring). But Saxonwould is easily your typical american obsessed in making everything British = scandinavian and blonde :P he isnt even a true british, In fact I have never seen a true british claming that the british are mostly blonde, becauseeveryone of them knows dark hair is way more among ethnic brits (even among the english) than true blonds.

Last edited by Traveler86; 05-27-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom