Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 07:20 AM

7,858 posts, read 10,307,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
there is already a loss of faith in politicians because they have ignored the result of the vote and did what THEY wanted for their political futures and NOT what the people wanted, there will be repercussions no matter what does or does not happen.
I'll ask again.

Are those in favour of leave, relaying their feelings to their local MP in respect of the government's prioritising of the DUP, s red lines?

Bar the border, both London and Brussels appear content

The deal obviously failed but Labour were going to oppose anyway as they want an election, this is a tory domestic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 07:24 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,619,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
I'll ask again.

Are those in favour of leave, relaying their feelings to their local MP in respect of the government's prioritising of the DUP, s red lines?

Bar the border, both London and Brussels appear content
I think London was solidly Remain but the majority of the provinces were for Leave.
May keeps trying to push HER deal with alterations but its dead in the water.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:27 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
I think London was solidly Remain but the majority of the provinces were for Leave.
That's the problem. Theresa thinks all she has to do is tweak her deal, and it'll get voted through. She is quite delusional. But, who else have we got? I don't see anybody in the Tory party eager to take over at this time. They want Theresa to take the fall for this mess, and then they'll start agitating for a takeover.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:42 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,226,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
That's the problem. Theresa thinks all she has to do is tweak her deal, and it'll get voted through. She is quite delusional. But, who else have we got? I don't see anybody in the Tory party eager to take over at this time. They want Theresa to take the fall for this mess, and then they'll start agitating for a takeover.
You nailed it! Baboon Boris and Money Moog fled to the sidelines, but they will be back up front as soon as they can jump up and down on the lady's corpse and grab for some more bananas.

I was in the hospital last with two pulmonary edemas, and the doctor was amazed that I was laughing one night when he she came into the room. And how could you not, it was Trixie May and the House of Monkeys bibbdebabbling on and on and on and on and on and like maybe they had forgotten was time to blitz us with the Brexit vote.

After all the years and and the endless mouth-farting, it was massively anticlimactic though.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
she is safe from any takeover for 12 months, if she had any sense she would retire after Brexit but I cant see that happening somehow.
there isn't enough time for another deal, it took them over 2 years for May's deal so unless she gets her deal through with amendments the only deal will be NO DEAL, that's why we cant rule it out because it will be the only thing left.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I'm fine with a hard brexit just so long as it excludes Northern Ireland.

Brexit has laid bare the myth that northern Ireland is no different than any other part of the UK.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
That does not remotely answer my question.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:53 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,445,730 times
Quote:
she is safe from any takeover for 12 months, if she had any sense she would retire after Brexit but I cant see that happening somehow.
there isn't enough time for another deal, it took them over 2 years for May's deal so unless she gets her deal through with amendments the only deal will be NO DEAL, that's why we cant rule it out because it will be the only thing left.
I'm amazed she hasn't just quit, and walked away. A woman in her 60s, dealing with this crap day in, day out. Flying back and forward dealing with arrogant idiots like Juncker in the EU. Her husband must be sick to the back teeth of it all.

All I can think is she doesn't want to go down in history as a failure. Surely someone has told her by now, that all political careers end in failure.

Margaret Thatcher crying in her car outside number 10 should be a warning for all of them.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
That does not remotely answer my question.
I think most MP's are acutely aware of how their constituents feel especially those going against the wishes of their voters.
the DUP are a sideline to most English voters.
NI cannot be seen as being different to the rest of the UK, that would lose the support of the DUP and the government would fall.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I think most MP's are acutely aware of how their constituents feel especially those going against the wishes of their voters.
the DUP are a sideline to most English voters.
NI cannot be seen as being different to the rest of the UK, that would lose the support of the DUP and the government would fall.
So indulging the DUP is worth it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom