Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 03:30 PM

1,153 posts, read 569,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
On the money Carly. We can't continue in the way we are now population wise on this small island. We have an horrendous housing crisis. Getting to see a doctor is very difficult. An appointment two weeks from now isn't any good if you are ill right now.
Yep, I rang for a doctor's appointment about 3 months ago and was told at the time, sorry we aren't giving out any appointments at the moment, you'll need to ring 111 or go to A&E (i.e. I couldn't see my doctor because they didn't have anything even weeks into the future.)

I had to register as a visiting patient at a surgery miles away and wait a while to get an appointment there.

It is getting ridiculous.

As for the roads, it is such a nightmare. I've spent time living in overseas countries which are not over-populated and when I've come back to the UK it is very noticeable to me how overcrowded we are, like rats in a cage all on top of one another. A lot of road rage because there are too many people on the roads and it makes people aggressive and tense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 03:33 PM

434 posts, read 248,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
On the money Carly. We can't continue in the way we are now population wise on this small island. We have an horrendous housing crisis. Getting to see a doctor is very difficult. An appointment two weeks from now isn't any good if you are ill right now.

Schools are struggling to cope, and hospitals also. We have a problem with health tourists, and also criminals going back and forth within the EU. We have to regain control of our laws and borders. The EU just don't care.
Neither do the UK government so if you expect brexit to fix that your barking up the wrong tree.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokta View Post
Neither do the UK government so if you expect brexit to fix that your barking up the wrong tree.
Well at least we won't have the EU migrants flooding in after Brexit happens.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:36 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,739,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
This is correct.
The importing of cheaper fruit and produce from the Commonwealth will also benefit poorer countries currently hampered from exporting into Europe by the EU.
We get coffee from Jamaica. They can sell the UK coffee, and coconuts and all kinds of tropical foods and spices, and the same for the other islands. I'll bet that Gibraltar can provide some tropical items, too.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I don't happen to have any chicken in my refrigerator right now, nor am I in a grocery store.
I don't buy my chicken from the supermarket anyway. Everyone knows those chickens are not that good for you, for the most part inhumanely raised and not very tasty. What does it matter if they wash it in chlorine too, can't get much worse than they already are in terms of being bad for you and bad for the animals.

I order mine online from a farm where the chickens get to graze outside and don't get slaughtered before it's time.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:47 PM

1,129 posts, read 471,398 times
Quote:
We get coffee from Jamaica. They can sell the UK coffee, and coconuts and all kinds of tropical foods and spices, and the same for the other islands. I'll bet that Gibraltar can provide some tropical items, too.
Lol, Gibraltar grows nothing, I'm 10 miles away, they are solely dependant on online gaming companies and banks and a few tourist's, the landmass is totally built upon, you'll be lucky to find a hedgerow let alone a vegetable patch.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:53 PM

1,285 posts, read 594,501 times
Quote:
I don't happen to have any chicken in my refrigerator right now, nor am I in a grocery store.
You won't be able to as they don't label chicken with this information.

Old 08-28-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
You won't be able to as they don't label chicken with this information.
Are you a US citizen?

Old 08-28-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Lol, Gibraltar grows nothing, I'm 10 miles away, they are solely dependant on online gaming companies and banks and a few tourist's, the landmass is totally built upon, you'll be lucky to find a hedgerow let alone a vegetable patch.
Are you telling me that there are no palm trees or banana trees either?

Old 08-28-2019, 04:00 PM

1,877 posts, read 680,036 times
Quote:
Lol, can't tell if you are serious or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom