Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 07:23 AM

6,066 posts, read 6,036,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Government has now unveiled plans for border controls in NI, which was the stcking point, and even nthe DUP have changed their position, and would now even accept a temporary backstop.

In terms of a trade deal, the EU ant a trade deal, the UK is their largest market in Europe and they have a $100 Billion a year trade surplus with the UK.

The only problem stopping us leaving was the EU trying to tie us to a customs union and stopping us making trade deals forever via the backstop.

In terms of staying in the EU there was never any point, Britain is not going to intergrate or give away any more control to Brussels as was made clear in Camerons agreement and we don't want a Federal Unites States of Europe. Therefore we are just going to hold the EU back by remaining in it.

Britain hasn't adopted the Euro, the borderless Schenghen agrrement, an EU Constitution and won't accept a host of other future policies designed to make Europe in to virtually one country run from Brussels.

As for Americans on here, would you give up your national sovereignty which you have fought for on numerous occasions.

Finally in terms of the 'Remainers' they are becoming ever more desperate, they are now trying to cancel Brexit because Boeris Johnson touched a woman's leg over 20 years ago and are trying to accuse him of all sorts of nonense.

Whilst snowflake MP's, such as Jess Phillips are going on about receiving death threats on twitter and people banging on their constituency office window, and keep going on about Jo Cox, who was sadly killed by a man with mental health problems who doesn't represent anybody. Jess Philips also seems to forget the toxic language of her own party, which has said things far worse than anything stated by Boros Johnson.

Four times Remainers used 'toxic' language - spiked

John McDonnell's lynching remark could have led to murder - The Telegraph

The reality is, MP's in the past and especially Conservative MP had far worse to deal with or has she forgotten the terrorist murders of Airey Neave, the Brighton Bomb (and murder of Anthony Berry) and the killing of Ian Gow, whilst curreent Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn and current Labour Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell met with and praised those groups responsible. Indeed John McDonnell has soent his whole career making threats, although in now turns out this Marxist Communist enjoys a secind home in the Norfolk broads, whilst attacking those who own second homes.
AS you'll be likely well aware the dirt does not stick on any one side. Your term snowflake is rather insulting in the case of a woman MP receiving a death threat. It should in light of recent history be treated with the upmost seriousness.
Who is becoming desperate are the Brixteers , sensing that perhaps their moment is in danger of slipping away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 07:23 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,530,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Then you did not read what I wrote, I clearly gave examples of some of the lies and fears and faux patriotism were.

Lets have a vote to confirm that the exit vote remains as steadfast as you and followers claim. You shouldn't have a fear in the world of losing if what you state is correct.

No clichés on my part. Just examples of the lying rhetoric used by the Brixteers .

It's like tapping the parrot's cage to get him to say anything other than " who's a pretty boy. "

Exactly what lying rhetoric and faux patriotism are you talking about ?

Old 10-01-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
AS you'll be likely well aware the dirt does not stick on any one side. Your term snowflake is rather insulting in the case of a woman MP receiving a death threat. It should in light of recent history be treated with the upmost seriousness.
Who is becoming desperate are the Brixteers , sensing that perhaps their moment is in danger of slipping away.

Slipping away ?
Labour hasn't been ahead once in the last 40 opinion polls published.
The only real question now is how big a defeat will Labour suffer.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:43 AM

1,129 posts, read 472,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Slipping away ?
Labour hasn't been ahead once in the last 40 opinion polls published.
The only real question now is how big a defeat will Labour suffer.
We'll see in the next few days if its slipping away.

Boris will be showing his Brexit deal today to the EU, by all reports its written on the back of a Fagpacket and not expected to gain much support.

Once that's over its no deal or no Brexit, my monies still firmly on no Brexit, how that plays out is going to be very interesting indeed.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
We'll see in the next few days if its slipping away.

Boris will be showing his Brexit deal today to the EU, by all reports its written on the back of a Fagpacket and not expected to gain much support.

Once that's over its no deal or no Brexit, my monies still firmly on no Brexit, how that plays out is going to be very interesting indeed.

Nah,general election and game over for the Remoaners who are going to wake up the morning after with a very sore head.
From banging it against the wall.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Nah,general election and game over for the Remoaners who are going to wake up the morning after with a very sore head.
Not long now until we find out who is right....

Old 10-01-2019, 07:53 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,463,184 times
Quote:
If we manage to get out of the EU without a deal at the end of this month, it's going to be glorious people watching.

All those spinning heads. 'It's the end of the world I tell ya....... the end of the world.'.....

I wonder if there will be any folks throwing themselves off tall buildings?

Or...... 'my Nanny is going back to Bulgaria. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?'.........

Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 AM

35,410 posts, read 17,327,658 times
Quote:
Then you did not read what I wrote, I clearly gave examples of some of the lies and fears and faux patriotism were.

Lets have a vote to confirm that the exit vote remains as steadfast as you and followers claim. You shouldn't have a fear in the world of losing if what you state is correct.

No clichés on my part. Just examples of the lying rhetoric used by the Brixteers .
Does one do-over in every election to make sure that the electorate was serious?

Old 10-01-2019, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Does one do-over in every election to make sure that the electorate was serious?

They do in Ireland.
The voted twice on both the Nice and Lisbon Treaties until their masters in Brussels got the right result.
But in Remoaner's La-la land real democracy is in cheap supply.
Now they want a Government of National " Unity " only made up of people who think like themselves.
These are exactly the sort of quislings and surrender junkies who in the past have allowed dictators to take over.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
If we manage to get out of the EU without a deal at the end of this month, it's going to be glorious people watching.

All those spinning heads. 'It's the end of the world I tell ya....... the end of the world.'.....

I wonder if there will be any folks throwing themselves off tall buildings?

Or...... 'my Nanny is going back to Bulgaria. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?'.........

See you are at it again, thinking it'll be the rich who lose on a no deal Brexit, it isn't.

if you can afford a nanny it won't matter to you where she's from.

I've just read Dover expects to lose 1 billion pounds a day in lost trade under a no deal scenario, how many jobs is that going to cost?

I'll tell you this for nothing, it wont be nannies who will be out of a job. it'll be lorry drivers, warehouse workers, car workers, engineering workers,builders, the very people you think you're defending by supporting Brexit, they'll have zero chance of getting on the property ladder with the number of jobs losses never seen before in the UK, it would make the closing of the mines look like paradise up north.

I hope I am right, that Bresxit won't go ahead and you are wrong, for the real working people, not the people in London with Nanny's on hand who shop at Harrods and who's kid's go to Cambridge or Oxford.

If it goes ahead there will be an hangover for sure, but it'll be from the Brexiteer's when they realise all those project fear stories are actually coming true and the country's left much the poorer in every possible sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom