Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 05:39 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,864,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Reese View Post
I

I feel this way because I've been spending a lot of time over at Quora and they definitely feel this way. In fact, a lot of Europeans wants the US to collapse and be replaced by Russia or China or better, by them. They believe that the US is an incompetent power and that the world would be better led by another.

What's your opinion in all of this?
Those aren't "europeans" who are saying this. Its mostly Russian trolls and their supporters. Your response, if genuine, reflects the motive for Russia to engage in a state sponsored online campaign against the "west" and all it stands for which are a threat to Vladimir Putin's regime (see Ukraine tossing out their Russian aligned president in 2014 for the impetus of this project).

Actual normal Europeans have no desire to toss out and replace American anything with Russia. Especially security. Its a farce to convince Russians that they are living in a great regime and that Europeans wish they could too. The whole eastern half of Europe has memories of the days when they were ruled by the east... do you really think those days are looked fondly upon now? Secret police, having no rights to leave, being poor, is that something you think people desire again?

Or you are another Russian troll, trying to position this concept as a majority one that Europeans hold. Sorry, it doesn't work here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 05:48 PM

39 posts, read 37,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Haven't you heard? "Terrible", however defined, is the new normal.
Okay, since I'm not a native English speaker, what term should I use then?

Quote:
On second thought, is it really that new?
What? The feeling that Europe has for the US? No but doesn't it make worse when you have been hoping for the same thing and never get it? Don't you feel frustrated and angry? That's probably why there is so much bottled up anger over at Quora.

Quote:
Look, people talk with their mouths,
That is what I want people to destroy, this nasty habit of complaining about something that they can actually do something about.

Quote:
regardless of whether we bad-mouth each other which is more like a hobby,
I don't think that's such a good hobby and if it were, feeling angry is usually associated with bad-mouthing and anger is bad.

Quote:
Good Luck!
Good luck to you too.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Those aren't "europeans" who are saying this.
That may very well be but I have also come across videos of Europeans saying these things and stories from Americans who have experienced it as well, are you telling me that they are Russian agents?

Quote:
Actual normal Europeans have no desire to toss out and replace American anything with Russia.
Quote:
I will let them speak for themselves.
Quote:
Or you are another Russian troll, trying to position this concept as a majority one that Europeans hold. Sorry, it doesn't work here.
No, I am not. Not everything revolves around Russia or China or North Korea or Iran or whatever anti-US nation is out there.

Being that you are a superpower, you should be aware that not everybody from every nation in the world is going to be happy with you leading it, including the ones from your allied nations. Whether you lead it good or bad, these people will always be angry. What I want to know is if this anger is coming from the majority of them and if so why haven't they done anything yet?

And sir, why does it matter so much that you are liked or why is it so important that these sentiments must be minimal? I understand that Americans may feel frustrated with this because this has been going on for a long time but, it is merely human nature to be hateful and angry. It shouldn't affect you at all. That is the behavior of narcissists if it does. A lot of foreigners don't like my people and country, does it bother me?

Old 06-20-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little ben View Post
Ever notice some OPs float around different topics attempting to drive wedges between members under the guise o only wanting to start discussion.
That is not my intention. All I want to do is to ask.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:06 PM
DKM

Quote:
What I want to know is if this anger is coming from the majority of them and if so why haven't they done anything yet?
This isn't true which is why you are confused.

There are a lot of vocal opinions on the influence of American association with Europe, but no way would the majority of Europe feel it is a malign influence. Many people on here suspect you are trying to present it as true, which is what Russia has been doing most of the past 75 years in Europe and especially in the past 5 years.

Today the EU voted to continue sanctions on Russia until 2020 and this bothers Russia a lot. They will do anything to get out of this, even try to divide Europeans in hopes to break the unanimous vote. They will do anything that is, accept abide by the conditions that are causing the sanctions. We know this because they refuse to accept that the sanctions are because of their actions in Ukraine (despite being it being made clear), so how will they ever even debate whether its worth changing the behavior to drop them. Instead they blame it on America in hopes that anti-Americanism in Europe can somehow get the EU to stop the sanctions.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:44 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Today the EU voted to continue sanctions on Russia until 2020.
This explains these sudden new threads by a new member. But 2020 is only 6 months away. Not that big a deal, really. At least they didn't vote to continue sanctions for another 5 years.

Last edited by elnina; 07-05-2019 at 10:59 AM..

Old 06-20-2019, 07:55 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,052,734 times
Vladimir Putin is a piece of human garbage. Why do Russians want their country run by an dictatorial egomaniac? Do they have a choice?

Old 06-20-2019, 08:00 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This explains these sudden new threads by a new member. But 2020 is only 6 months away. Not that big a deal, really. At least they didn't vote to continue sanctions for another 5 years.
They roll them over every 6 months. It is enough time to see if Russia will comply. Putin admitted they cost russia about 50 billion dollars. But its unlikely he will comply because even today when Putin was asked about it (whether he will make peace with Ukraine to stop the sanctions) he said "we have no disputes with anyone". That's because he can't admit they are causing the conflict. Next he claimed, peace in Ukraine would not stop the sanctions. Which is about as ridiculous a statement he could make.

2 ways to stop the sanctions:

1) stop supporting the war on Ukraine's border
2) get the nations imposing to believe they aren't worth it.

He's been trying number 2 for 5 years now...Its not going to happen. Just about everything russia does: hacking elections, sending commenters all over the internet, supporting fringe politicians, stir up trouble, offer discounts on Russian resources, etc. is driven with this one goal in mind.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:01 PM

7,364 posts, read 4,149,677 times
Quote:
British people often complain about the wars, racism, US imperialism, US corporations, US influence, US anything, if so, why do the people of the UK allow themselves to ally itself with the US? Why doesn't the UK isolate it like what it is doing with North Korea or Iran? Why doesn't the the UK ban US corporations and kick out the US military? Why don't British people just keep the US out for good so that they won't be so hateful?

There are millions of solutions to your problems.

Why let the very thing or things that you hate enter your lives?
Everyone need friends. Countries need friends in the form of alliances too.

UK and US share some basic values, culture and history.

If the UK doesn't ally itself with the US, what are their choices? China and Asia? Russia and Eastern European countries? India?

Old 06-20-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
If the UK doesn't ally itself with the US, what are their choices? China and Asia? Russia and Eastern European countries? India?
India, Canada, Australia, Germany, France.... all of these nations are powerful friends....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom