Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 PM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times

Advertisements

Sorry I've been absent here. I wish I got paid to do this. I have been shoveling and chopping ice a lot lately so I try to do less with technology to save myself from headaches. Hope you guys are having some fun.

Next storm bombs out over the Atlantic again. Less snow than yesterdays but check out the cape and Maine. So heads up if you're travelling there. Blizzard conditions likely.

NWS Snow Total Forecasts pieced together from all offices for Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning

I like the "none" forecast there. Anyone know why they aren't calling for snow in those particular areas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 05:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
NWS Snow Total Forecasts pieced together from all offices for Saturday afternoon into Sunday morning
Are these additional inches forecasted in addition to the two feet that already fell?

Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Are these additional inches forecasted in addition to the two feet that already fell?
Ooops! Just checked Vermont again. BTV is only until Saturday 1am, so the forecast for VT there is not for the next storm which is a Different storm tomorrow. Bennington & Windham counties yes, additional inches.

Right now it's over Kentucky and will exit Virginia and come up the coast.

Here's WPC Storm Track forecast. http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/wwd/winter_wx.shtml#lows

Notice the 990mb off RI coast to 972mb over Nova Scotia. Strengthen too late for us here.

I like this link for current surface map. Intellicast - Mixed Surface Analysis in United States

Old 02-14-2014, 06:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
My son says the storms from the southeast are always strong. Thanks for the updates.

I received some bad news that makes me want to visit my son. I'm wondering when the best time to travel will be in the next week or two.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:00 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Sorry I've been absent here. I wish I got paid to do this. I have been shoveling and chopping ice a lot lately so I try to do less with technology to save myself from headaches. Hope you guys are having some fun.

Next storm bombs out over the Atlantic again. Less snow than yesterdays but check out the cape and Maine. So heads up if you're travelling there. Blizzard conditions likely.

I like the "none" forecast there. Anyone know why they aren't calling for snow in those particular areas?
Topography!
The Connecticut River valley is shadowed by higher elevated terrain to the west and at lower elevations so the higher terrain on either side of the river often will receive greater amounts of snowfall. This extends further northward in NH and includes the low areas by the river in Littleton, Lancaster, and Haverhill. The east facing mountain slopes will get the greatest snowfalls during a Nor'Easter while the western areas will get a lot less.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:14 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,867,662 times
Coming down pretty nicely this morning.... I skied yesterday, and this morning and just that little dusting made a huge difference and it's coming down much harder now that I've gone home for work!

Old 02-18-2014, 03:31 PM

698 posts, read 960,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
Coming down pretty nicely this morning.... I skied yesterday, and this morning and just that little dusting made a huge difference and it's coming down much harder now that I've gone home for work!

Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,963,886 times
We definitely got at least 2-3" today, if not more, and it hasn't stopped. I guess February is trying to make up for January! Lol

Old 02-18-2014, 08:42 PM

Well... not sure how far north the warm up goes but I took these last pictures just now before the partial meltdown. Expecting 40s and 50s here Friday. My backyard rarely looks like this so it was fun while it lasted.(4 weeks)

Here's the max temps for Friday. I see mid 40s making it to southern VT

Attached Thumbnails
Vermont Weather-gfs33.jpg  

Old 02-19-2014, 04:25 AM

819 posts, read 1,495,815 times
Finally some damn snow.......7" here in MA thursady during the workweek, then I drive home to the NEK and clear 20" of good stuff, then come back down Sunday for the workweek to 8" in my driveway and then 7" more on Tues.......I love snow, absolutely love it, however I need a couple days off from cleaning vehicles off......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont