Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 09:04 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times

Advertisements

Chillax, Cambium LOL No, really-I'm glad there's a want for the pics.
I went out today on walk solely to take photos for this thread, but of course it started raining...

Also, down in valley near NH & MA borders, the fall is not yet "full-on", foliage displays are only at mild-to-moderate stage.
I put the 2nd & 3rd images between spoiler tags so they won't slow down loading of this page so much.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 10:01 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
I have to be honest, I'm usually snapping pics left and right, but for me, the foliage has been 'meh' this year. Just seems so dreary in comparison to other years. At least by me. Sun will be out starting tomorrow and I think we're just coming into peak this week, so hopefully there'll be some picture worthy stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Chillax, Cambium LOL No, really-I'm glad there's a want for the pics.
I went out today on walk solely to take photos for this thread, but of course it started raining...

Also, down in valley near NH & MA borders, the fall is not yet "full-on", foliage displays are only at mild-to-moderate stage.
I put the 2nd & 3rd images between spoiler tags so they won't slow down loading of this page so much.

lol.. sorry. Rant wasn't to you, joe moving, or tkln of course. Just don't get some things sometimes.

Anyway - Thanks! Nice photos. And yeah, colors are meh this year due to drought and heat.

We are so behind 2014 here its not funny. comparison from here 10/1/14 vs 10/5/16

https://twitter.com/TerryWBZ/status/783691272133287936

Old 10-06-2016, 11:39 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,960,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Whats funny is, with our technology now a days its so simple to click, upload, and post. Don't understand why more people don't do it. Even the Maine Photo thread there's only like 1 or 2 actively posting.

I do it from the road, from my cell phone all the time. It's easy. I been trying to get people to post at least a couple of words in the CT Fall Foliage thread and its like pulling teeth. I don't get why people rather talk about drama, politics, or other negative things in life rather than the beauty of New Englands landscape and colors or the weather for that matter.

It makes me not want to post and update if nobody else is interested. Morning rant over.

Come on Vermonteers, show us your colors!

https://twitter.com/skimaven/status/782341016582025217
Okay,what am I missing? How do you upload pics directly to the forum from my phone? Took a few today to share...I thought they had to live online somewhere first...

Old 10-07-2016, 05:09 AM

Okay, some pics from yesterday...thanks to Cloven for pointing out how to upload direct. Probably would help if I actually looked at my profile page every once in a while.

First two are of Mansfield...I have to say that all of a sudden, things went to peak really fast. Today will be spectacular. Rain tomorrow so that's a bummer.

Old 10-08-2016, 01:57 AM

Quote:
lol.. sorry. Rant wasn't to you, joe moving, or tkln of course. Just don't get some things sometimes.

Anyway - Thanks! Nice photos. And yeah, colors are meh this year due to drought and heat.

We are so behind 2014 here its not funny. comparison from here 10/1/14 vs 10/5/16
No worries. Now that I know there's "demand" for photos, I don't mind supplying more...'cause I got my camera working again.
And the comparison pics you posted (link you included, to CT weather thread) were neat, I enjoy those sort of Before & After, Then & Now juxtapositions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Okay, some pics from yesterday...thanks to Cloven for pointing out how to upload direct. Probably would help if I actually looked at my profile page every once in a while.
Glad to be able to point you in direction of the "how-to" section of forum. And such pretty scenery, breathtaking vistas

Oct. 7, 2016.
First photo taken from Rte 142, Brattleboro VT in foreground, Hinsdale NH in background, CT. River in between.
Second photo is of MFJ (Malfunction Junction), the notorious (locally infamous) five-way intersection.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Old 10-08-2016, 02:07 AM

Closer-up snaps, dappled & blazing red foliage (Brattleboro VT, Oct. 7 2016)-

Spoiler

The contrast (below) made tips of leaves/branches appear almost pink/fuchsia/magenta.

Spoiler

Esp. like the way most of tree on right is green, but for a smattering of the leaves on front/facing edge.

Spoiler

Old 10-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Couple more from Trapp Family Lodge this morning....

Old 10-08-2016, 06:04 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
A couple pictures from Lewis and one from Avery's Gore. The color is better than the photos capture but not quite as impressive as some other years have been.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Vermont Picture Thread-img_0124.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-img_0123.jpg   Official Vermont Picture Thread-img_0137.jpg  

Old 10-09-2016, 04:29 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Nice Fall photos guys! Thanks

Actually surprised to see Hinsdale, NH across the CT River that green still. Didn't expect that. Lets hope we lose the leaves before the first big snow. Always have to worry in late years like this.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Nice Fall photos guys! Thanks

Actually surprised to see Hinsdale, NH across the CT River that green still. Didn't expect that. Lets hope we lose the leaves before the first big snow. Always have to worry in late years like this.
Regarding leaf loss & precipitation-I hear ya'. The Halloween wknd. ice storm of 2011 is deeply engraved in my memory. Yikes !
Leaves were still mostly on trees, limbs got weighed down, and power was out for quite some time-a mere 2 months after Irene walloped the region...

Need more time to reach point(s) where I have photos of same view (usually involving the mntn. which dominates skyline) on same date in previous year or two.
Plus, of course, I'm waiting for the mountain to offer up further color display as the weeks unfold.

For now, here's an imperfect comparison of one corner (right-hand tree has been pruned at front edge, which alters its appearance between pics).
Oct 15th, 2014 & Oct. 9, 2016 (you can see more leaves along roadside in 2014 than this year-sorry, I didn't think to take pic of the spot last fall):

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont