Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:20 PM

575 posts, read 557,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I gave you the definition of each term. With which anyone can conclude that Affirmative Action is not racism. I didn't say I was for or against AA or even provided my thoughts on it. Therefore, who's being ignorant? Before you try to insult me, at least use some intelligence. Thanks.
You are because you support the law.

Next time, you need to come correct with some facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 08:05 PM

7,086 posts, read 9,635,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
You are because you support the law.

Next time, you need to come correct with some facts.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 PM

10,125 posts, read 14,044,957 times
Quote:
Then maybe Affirmative Action is the culprit and not undocumented Hispanics? A person who wants an education and has the means to get one should never be the blame for someone else not achieving the same goal. Besides, no one deserves an education more than another. WHen the whole country is educated we ALL benefit. Lord knows if you got the cash, you can go to class. It may not be the college of your dreams, but education is available for all.
Can we please clear up something that keeps getting stated? These individuals are not being denied education, they are being denied the right to in-state tuition. I just believe the conversation has gotten so side tracked that people are arguing over something that isn't even accurate.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
Can we all agree that Affirmative Action is racist?
It's not necessarily racist, but it's been abused. I think the purpose of what it was originally intended for has been distorted. Sometimes there are legitimate cases of discrimination and sometimes these people need to look themselves in the mirror and wonder why they have made themselves a better candidate for jobs/school admission.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Can we please clear up something that keeps getting stated? These individuals are not being denied education, they are being denied the right to in-state tuition. I just believe the conversation has gotten so side tracked that people are arguing over something that isn't even accurate.
Now all of a sudden you're a moderator? Please don't try to quote me and then correct me on something I never said. This is getting old and you're annoying me because you don't take the time to read and comprehend. Perhaps you should pause the next time you want to respond. Take a few hours or days mulling over the flow and context of the conversation you want to respond to? It will make it easier on all of us.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Now all of a sudden you're a moderator? Please don't try to quote me and then correct me on something I never said. This is getting old and you're annoying me because you don't take the time to read and comprehend. Perhaps you should pause the next time you want to respond. Take a few hours or days mulling over the flow and context of the conversation you want to respond to? It will make it easier on all of us.
What in the world does affirmative action have to do with this topic? When you brought up the point it derailed the point that was being made. Don't sit here and be a hypocrite because you are the main person who get on people for jumping off topic. Well now the arrow is pointed at you. Why should someone that has been a natural born citizen have their opportunity denied just because this country wants to educate people who may never work or assimilate in this nation. This has absolutely nothing to do with affirmative action. These individuals would still be able to get educated. They aren't displacing anyone. If they are being accepted it us because they earned it. But the fact that it is more affordable for them makes it easier for them to go.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,490,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
I understand where you are coming from, and I know you are not saying black people are monolithic. My point is that some folks go to the extreme to try to prove that, and I wonder why.
When a group of people vote 95-5 for one candidate and normally 90-10 for one party they're a monolith at least politically.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 PM

575 posts, read 557,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
When a group of people vote 95-5 for one candidate and normally 90-10 for one party they're a monolith at least politically.
And you don't see the GOP trying to fix that at all now do you? Instead of complaining, why not do something to fix that?

Old 11-12-2012, 04:55 AM

708 posts, read 1,208,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
Not interesting at all. As a black man, blacks are typically very gullible, brainwash easily, and conform to age old ideologies and fallacies. Most black people are prominent christian church members, despite their African ancestors not believing in Christianity, the baptist church, etc.

What makes me utterly sad about blacks ... and kind of embarrassed to be black ... is I can't for the life of me understand how ANY black person can be against civil rights equality. Out of any ethnic group, blacks should be the most understanding and most liberal of all. We are barely fifty years removed from the whole civil rights movement stemming from racial segregation. That doesn't even include the hundreds of years of slavery. So it boggles my mind when I see black people—more vocal than many other groups—talking about how disgusted they are with another group of individuals (homosexuals) and basically promoting a modern-day form of segregation and inequality via acts like denying same-sex marriage benefits to a gay or lesbian couple. The level of hypocrisy is immeasurable.

And as I discussed with my best friend, I'm willing to venture that the VAST majority of black folk (not just the ones limited to Prince George's County) couldn't give you three viable reasons to vote for Obama based on educated fact, beyond the fact that "he's black" and "he's a democrat." It's just beyond sad and, frankly, quite sickening to me.
True true, yes sir true true.....except blacks being brainwashed, HUMANS are easily brain washed, what you cite above is just the localized brainwashing of the AA community. But Whites are just as bad.

There is no black "brainwashing" gene......just one that every human carries.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
If the GOP would put up a viable candidate and a campaign with a pulse then maybe the numbers wouldn't be so extreme. The GOP decided to go far right for the past two elections. They didn't get the clue the first time. If they moved closer to the center this time around, perhaps the numbers wouldn't have bee so extreme and we might be looking at a Romney administration right now. Like I said before, I'm not married to the democratic party as far as the general elections are concerned. IF I thought the GOP candidate was better, I'd vote for that candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland