Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 02:42 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,567,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvwhatup View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...tional.html#g1

I think we will see this plan break ground sooner than people think.
Yeah they are only delaying the building(s) that will be next to MGM. Most likely because there would be nowhere else to put the equipment or for workers to park their cars. I do see them getting that helipad done sooner than later since will support law enforcement. It will be interesting to see what they do with the office building they just purchased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 02:43 PM

130 posts, read 143,362 times
Where do you think the roller coaster will go? @urbanscholar

Old 04-05-2016, 02:58 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times
Quote:
Now that I think about it, if the football stadium isn't built, Oxon Hill Farm would be an excellent location for a small amusement park. It is far enough away from residential areas.

I'm not sure where they would put it in the Harbor district because roller coasters are kind of noisy and I could see it violating noise ordinances. The nearby neighborhoods were already complaining about the noise in National Harbor without a roller coaster. I can't imagine those same people would like hearing screams all summer into the night.

But, I'll let UrbanScholar go ahead and answer your question.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Good question. The only place that I can think of that would be easily accessible is by the undeveloped wharf near the main entrance. I don't think it would be southpointe since that is slated the car manufacturer and eventually condos/timeshares

Old 04-06-2016, 07:09 AM

196 posts, read 206,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
They should put that over 495 so that people can walk to/from the game at the football stadium at Oxon Hill Farm. lol
In that case you will be overlooking the the river, actually On top of 495 they can also build something impossible, something like Capitol Crossing (a new Neighborhood Above I-395 In DC)

Old 04-06-2016, 07:13 AM

196 posts, read 206,044 times
Quote:
I don't think roller coaster will fit well in NH. it needs a lot of space and generate a lot of noise - i think this will not happen.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
Yeah they are only delaying the building(s) that will be next to MGM. Most likely because there would be nowhere else to put the equipment or for workers to park their cars. I do see them getting that helipad done sooner than later since will support law enforcement. It will be interesting to see what they do with the office building they just purchased.
So did a search on google and found a little more insight of on the purchase of the building near the outlet. It appears that the office building will remain but I could see them making site improvements with a garage and a few restaurants. Especially since the site is about 10 acres. ( i have seen them do more with less in DC).

Unfortunately you need a subscription to WBJ to see the full article and I am trying to pay 121 for it lol.

Quote:
National Harbor apparently has no boundaries, nor a cap to its explosive growth. The Peterson Cos., the Fairfax-based developer of National Harbor, recently acquired 6710 Oxon Hill Road, immediately north of the Tanger Outlets. The $12.3 million purchase of the 117,700-square-foot office building was a strategic decision to “greatly enhance” the National Harbor office market, providing space for tenants who are looking for a lower price point, said Jon Peterson, Peterson Cos.’ principal.

As a point of reference below is a presentation that shows the location of the hotel.

http://www.pgplanning.org/Assets/Pla...-11006+MAP.pdf

Old 04-06-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampg1 View Post
I don't think roller coaster will fit well in NH. it needs a lot of space and generate a lot of noise - i think this will not happen.
I agree. its a pipe dream..lol

Old 04-07-2016, 04:27 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,129 posts, read 7,579,110 times
Any update on when we will get a list of the retail stores inside of MGM?

Old 04-08-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Any update on when we will get a list of the retail stores inside of MGM?
Not that I am aware of. They will probably start providing some teasers late summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland