Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast GTO View Post
NH is too expensive for teenagers to hang out. That and there isn't much for them to enjoy.
Most teenagers don't have money, but that doesn't stop them from going to the mall or going somewhere to hang out. I doubt most teenagers can afford the restaurants in Georgetown or Chinatown, but they are definitely down there. I mean what else would they do? Kids get bored easily. I can't tell you the number of times I went to St. Charles Town Center just to walk around as a teenager, just because I was bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 PM

377 posts, read 665,462 times
Fair enough. I have never seen teenagers just hanging out at NH.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:38 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,567,162 times
Quote:
I've seen them while driving home and cutting through the harbor.its usually after 11 at night so I assume they are from the adjacent neighborhoods..

Old 06-18-2013, 05:52 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Quote:
Unless like UrbanScholar stated, they live nearby, how are they getting there? Who's going to pick up that expensive parking tab? That's another reason why they may be reluctant to get more transportation. I'm sure they make a ton off of parking.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:31 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,870,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Unless like UrbanScholar stated, they live nearby, how are they getting there? Who's going to pick up that expensive parking tab? That's another reason why they may be reluctant to get more transportation. I'm sure they make a ton off of parking.
$11 parking keeps the teenagers away who basically just want to hang out. Adults too.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:38 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
NH is too expensive for teenagers to hang out. That and there isn't much for them to enjoy.
Pentagon City isn't cheap they hang out there. It's about convenience.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
$11 parking keeps the teenagers away who basically just want to hang out. Adults too.

$11 is steep. You would think it was Old Town and people had to find parking places a mile or so from their destination. GWU MFA parking is around that price but that is downtown. If gentrification means higher priced parking they can have it. It's cheaper in Clarendon.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:42 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
$11 is steep. You would think it was Old Town and people had to find parking places a mile or so from their destination. GWU MFA parking is around that price but that is downtown. If gentrification means higher priced parking they can have it. It's cheaper in Clarendon.
It's robbery frankly. There are always spots. In Claredon, Bethesda, Silver Spring and even Pentagon City the parking is either free or a buck.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,574,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's robbery frankly. There are always spots. In Claredon, Bethesda, Silver Spring and even Pentagon City the parking is either free or a buck.
It's not robbery. Apparently people feel that it is okay because they keep going. If enough people complain, they will change. Better to have lower profits than none at all.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:10 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,567,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
It's not robbery. Apparently people feel that it is okay because they keep going. If enough people complain, they will change. Better to have lower profits than none at all.
The interesting thing about the parking cost is that they are in line or cheaper than other places in the area try parking at the Kennedy Center, or the Verizon Center, or in some of the parking garages in Georgetown. If people don't like the cost of the garage they could park in the surrounding neighborhood or park at the kiss and ride or rivertown and hike it. I have seen people who feel that 11 dollars is a budget breaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland