Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2017, 05:46 PM

15 posts, read 20,223 times

Advertisements

I'm a local Vendor in the area. My company told me they were given the green light to start getting orders ready for an April opening date for the Whole Foods. FYI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 08:29 AM

53 posts, read 73,158 times
The Whole Foods is now actively hiring:

https://wholefoods.wd5.myworkdayjobs...-20170201582-1

Old 02-27-2017, 12:28 PM

340 posts, read 376,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neirbod View Post
The Whole Foods is now actively hiring:

https://wholefoods.wd5.myworkdayjobs...-20170201582-1
I drove by yesterday, all the signage appears to be up, looks like the store shelves are all in and maybe even getting stocked already, probably about a month to a month and a half away from opening

Old 02-28-2017, 04:06 AM

36 posts, read 36,470 times
The model townhomes have just been completed and the first open house is this weekend. I am still blogging almost every day about the community here:

Riverdale Park Station Blog

Old 03-01-2017, 11:20 AM

712 posts, read 1,091,923 times
^ Nice blog

Old 03-05-2017, 12:20 PM

340 posts, read 376,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDReInfo View Post
The model townhomes have just been completed and the first open house is this weekend. I am still blogging almost every day about the community here:

I didn't want to create a profile to respond to one of your blog entries, but I did want to respond and provide some recent history the schools one I just wanted to provide some additional info. I began looking for a house in UP elementary school zone and ended up buying a house in West Riverdale inside of the zone. In 2014 and during our search, the UP elementary school school score on great schools fell from 7 to 6. It didn't stop us from buying obviously and we agree the school ratings and rankings should improve.

Only concern I have for the school is the crowding effect that the townhomes and eventual apartments may have on the school. It really is a school zone that has very few apartments zoned into it and it appears that not only are some large complexes being added by RPS but also in the Prince George's Plaza Transit District Development plan, in particular the Landy Development project.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:51 PM

36 posts, read 36,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
I didn't want to create a profile to respond to one of your blog entries, but I did want to respond and provide some recent history the schools one I just wanted to provide some additional info. I began looking for a house in UP elementary school zone and ended up buying a house in West Riverdale inside of the zone. In 2014 and during our search, the UP elementary school school score on great schools fell from 7 to 6. It didn't stop us from buying obviously and we agree the school ratings and rankings should improve.

Only concern I have for the school is the crowding effect that the townhomes and eventual apartments may have on the school. It really is a school zone that has very few apartments zoned into it and it appears that not only are some large complexes being added by RPS but also in the Prince George's Plaza Transit District Development plan, in particular the Landy Development project.

I changed the blog to allow for anonymous commenting as I am getting a lot of readers but no comments.

I have heard the apartments in Riverdale are supposed to be high end so I am thinking not whole a lot of families with kids will be in the demographic for those units.

Still even if I am wrong... high end apartments may actually improve the school although I hear what you are saying about overcrowding.

I posted some pictures from my drive by today...

I will get some pictures from the inside next weekend.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:09 PM

662 posts, read 782,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post

So I went to the open house this week. And many of the people I saw appeared to be single people or older and/or gay couples. So I am not sure if school crowding will be a thing.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:03 AM

712 posts, read 1,091,923 times
Quote:
A similar phenomenon is happening in Prince George's County's Riverdale Park, where a Whole Foods is opening in Cafritz Enterprises' mixed-use project later this spring. Long and Foster Real Estate agent Jean Pirovic has been selling houses in the neighborhood for 27 years. She said the Whole Foods-anchored development is attracting buyers from Capitol Hill to Alexandria and other parts of NoVa, well beyond the traditional range of interest in the neighborhood. The increased activity has led to multiple offers being made on each house, which she said has driven up the price in some cases. “The Whole Foods has been a very big draw,” Pirovic said. “That is the main reason people have been looking at the ads and marketing and have come here to look and visit open houses as a result of that. The Whole Foods has been very instrumental in getting people to consider this as a place to live, specifically people from outside the area who wouldn’t have gravitated here.”

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc...medium=Browser

Old 03-14-2017, 01:10 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Website for the Riverdale Park store is up.

Riverdale | Whole Foods Market
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland