Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2017, 06:23 PM

662 posts, read 783,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Went to the Whole Foods preview tour this afternoon. All I can say is that I'm satisfied with what they have done. They didn't cut any corners. The layout is more efficient than the Silver Spring store. More than likely it is because they've had time to study more efficient ways to design their stores.

It has all the bells and whistles of any other Whole Foods store; health and beauty, seafood, butcher shop, hot foods, brick oven pizza, sushi section, etc. Even has a little cafe area for eating. It also has outdoor cafe seating. Something that the Silver Spring location lacks. As a matter of fact, I can't recall any Whole Foods store that had outdoor cafe seating.

Judging from the turnout at the previews, this location will do well. A lot of those previewing the store walked over from the nearby neighborhoods.

I was supposed to go this weekend. Thanks for the review. Love the idea of an outdoor eating area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 08:41 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,574,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
I was supposed to go this weekend. Thanks for the review. Love the idea of an outdoor eating area.
I like the direction developers along RT.1 are taking with outdoor seating. The restaurant across the street will have outdoor seating. The restaurants at the new hotel will have outdoor seating. The Arts District in Hyattsville has outdoor seating. Outdoor seating increases the vibrancy of a neighborhood more than superblocks with closed facades.

We see how outdoor seating helps open things up in Downtown Silver Spring. The new Millkboy Arthouse solves the problem of a super skinny sidewalk by opening up the venue itself with garage doors.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I like the direction developers along RT.1 are taking with outdoor seating. The restaurant across the street will have outdoor seating. The restaurants at the new hotel will have outdoor seating. The Arts District in Hyattsville has outdoor seating. Outdoor seating increases the vibrancy of a neighborhood more than superblocks with closed facades.

We see how outdoor seating helps open things up in Downtown Silver Spring. The new Millkboy Arthouse solves the problem of a super skinny sidewalk by opening up the venue itself with garage doors.

That's great to hear about the new restaurants too. Restaurants in the suburbs tend to not have outdoor dining but city restaurants tend to have outdoor options. It makes it seem fresher with outdoor options. Glad there is space for that. Even Vigilante Coffee will have outdoor options when they open up in college park.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 AM

Some photos of the new Whole Foods in Riverdale Park. Notice in the photo with the Pizza Oven to the right there is a smoker. They will be able to sell meats smoked in-house. This includes smoked salmon, brisket, etc. A nice feature in my opinion.

http://hyattsvillelife.com/riverdale...te-1-corridor/

For cyclists, there's a neat bike rack with an air pump and other tools.

http://www.routeonefun.com/2017/04/s...tys-first.html

There's also charging stations for electric cars.

Last edited by adelphi_sky; 04-11-2017 at 08:20 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Here is a photo of part of the outdoor seating. There are also round tables with holes for umbrellas.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a08_story.html

Old 04-11-2017, 05:01 PM

Riverdale Park Station's website has been refreshed. I guess tomorrow is their official opening as a development? Also, the water feature was not in the original plan. But I see they have one as indicated on the home page.

http://riverdaleparkstation.com/

Old 04-12-2017, 12:43 PM

just came from Whole Foods for lunch. Class A store with all the bells and whistles. Tons of people. A very diverse group. I'm impressed. I think the store will do just fine.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
just came from Whole Foods for lunch. Class A store with all the bells and whistles. Tons of people. A very diverse group. I'm impressed. I think the store will do just fine.
I can't wait to see the other stores that will be there.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I can't wait to see the other stores that will be there.
I can't wait until Burton's Grill opens up. It would be nice to be able to sit down in a restaurant good enough to be in downtown DC ten minutes from my house. Kapnos Taverna is the other one.

The Riverdale Park Station website says you could, "grab a power lunch at Burton’s Grill." While I think we are too far removed from the power lunch crowd in DC, I do think there will be great opportunities for happy hour. And they have a Paleo menu which is pretty awesome if you are into that diet.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:23 PM

Will there be more parking options? Today was packed! I can't imagine what it will be like when the other stores open or on the weekends.

It is a very nice store. We got dinner from the hot bar and some groceries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland