Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 11:28 PM

662 posts, read 782,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDReInfo View Post
Another fairly major price hike for the townhouses at Riverdale Park Station yesterday:

Riverdale Park Station Blog

I noticed! This is a great indication of the strength of the market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 02:33 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,564,472 times
Starbucks is the first business to open up at Riverdale Park Station. Whole Foods will open up in less than two weeks. Whole Foods has offered invites for previews before the store officially opens. The next big opening I'm looking forward to is Burton's Grill. It will be the first officially upscale restaurant to open up in this area in decades. The Outback and Olive Garden don't count.

Quote:
A new Starbucks location next to the forthcoming Whole Foods at Riverdale Park Station opened recently, the first business to do so at the 37-acre site.

It’s almost equidistant from the existing Starbucks in College Park and the ones near the Prince George’s Plaza Metro and at Safeway, providing yet another “third place” for people to meet and hang out.

With four Starbucks, and eventually two Vigilante Coffee shops, Shagga, Busboys and Poets and even Yes! Organic Market, there’s a lot of places to get good cup of coffee in the area.
Starbucks Opens at Riverdale Park Station |

Old 04-02-2017, 03:29 PM

36 posts, read 36,470 times
I was there yesterday and it was packed. No tables available, no street parking available and folks even parking in the Whole Foods lot. It's just a Starbucks, there is one on every corner.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDReInfo View Post
I was there yesterday and it was packed. No tables available, no street parking available and folks even parking in the Whole Foods lot. It's just a Starbucks, there is one on every corner.

Lol I was there on the 2nd day to support to new business. Hopefully the new coffee and winebar opens this year and I can support that one exclusively.

But this was interesting from the article posted:

"It’s also good news for people who live nearby. A 2015 study by Zillow found that the value of homes within a quarter-mile of a Starbucks rose faster than those that aren’t: 96 percent, on average from 1997 to 2014, compared with 65 percent for all U.S. homes."

https://www.zillow.com/blog/starbuck...values-170734/

Old 04-02-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
Lol I was there on the 2nd day to support to new business. Hopefully the new coffee and winebar opens this year and I can support that one exclusively.

But this was interesting from the article posted:

"It’s also good news for people who live nearby. A 2015 study by Zillow found that the value of homes within a quarter-mile of a Starbucks rose faster than those that aren’t: 96 percent, on average from 1997 to 2014, compared with 65 percent for all U.S. homes."

https://www.zillow.com/blog/starbuck...values-170734/
Oh darn. I'm 3 miles away. Oh well.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Oh darn. I'm 3 miles away. Oh well.

I was looking at some home sales from last year and the zestimate for some of the homes is up 80-100k which is a little crazy.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:56 AM

340 posts, read 376,383 times
I did visit the starbucks yesterday, was driving by, saw the open sign and needed coffee for my drive to bmore...it's a nice starbucks, i'll probably rarely visit tho...I'm a Vigilante fan myself...google says it's a 0.4 mile walk to Starbucks for me so I'm really just outside of that quarter mile so hopefully the quarter mile is more of a rough estimate lol

Old 04-03-2017, 01:45 PM

11 posts, read 16,461 times
We also visited the new Starbucks over the weekend! (Did I see any of you, haha ...) I was happy with the size -- unlike the Starbucks by PG Plaza Metro, you can sit/study comfortably. We passed a good number of neighbors from UP who, like us, were walking over and checking everything out. I bet it's strange for drivers to see pedestrians in an area where people rarely crossed before!

I also saw a sign that indicated there will be a bus between College Park Metro, Riverdale Park Station, and PG Plaza Metro (I believe). Does anybody know if it'll be for public use or just RPS residents, and whether it'd be free?

Old 04-07-2017, 10:04 AM

Nice looking Starbucks.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:37 PM

Went to the Whole Foods preview tour this afternoon. All I can say is that I'm satisfied with what they have done. They didn't cut any corners. The layout is more efficient than the Silver Spring store. More than likely it is because they've had time to study more efficient ways to design their stores.

It has all the bells and whistles of any other Whole Foods store; health and beauty, seafood, butcher shop, hot foods, brick oven pizza, sushi section, etc. Even has a little cafe area for eating. It also has outdoor cafe seating. Something that the Silver Spring location lacks. As a matter of fact, I can't recall any Whole Foods store that had outdoor cafe seating.

Judging from the turnout at the previews, this location will do well. A lot of those previewing the store walked over from the nearby neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland