Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 04:32 PM

220 posts, read 184,604 times

Advertisements

New 45 townhouse development to open in College Park within 12 months. https://dbknews.com/2019/04/15/colle...struction-umd/

The development, which is within a mile of this university’s campus, has currently sold three of its 45 available home sites, said Chris Birth, a director of sales and marketing for Lennar Corporation, the Miami-based construction company in charge of the project.

The project offers homeowners three bedrooms, two full baths and two half baths, with options to customize and configure the layout to five bedrooms and four-and-a-half baths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 06:56 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,576,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terp80 View Post

The project offers homeowners three bedrooms, two full baths and two half baths, with options to customize and configure the layout to five bedrooms and four-and-a-half baths.
Wow! Four and a half baths. Wonder what the square footage of the house is.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:01 PM

662 posts, read 784,073 times
Quote:
New 45 townhouse development to open in College Park within 12 months. https://dbknews.com/2019/04/15/colle...struction-umd/

The development, which is within a mile of this university’s campus, has currently sold three of its 45 available home sites, said Chris Birth, a director of sales and marketing for Lennar Corporation, the Miami-based construction company in charge of the project.

These are humongous.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:07 PM

220 posts, read 184,604 times
Another new College Park eatery gets a great review in the Washington Post.

This new fast-casual shop serves the gratifying Chinese wrap that beats anything from Chipotle

CB Chinese Grill serves chun bing, which existed long before the burrito — or any Tex-Mex cooking.

CB Chinese Grill is the creation of Hua Wang, who gets my vote for restaurateur of the decade in College Park. She’s the same person responsible for the complex, multilayered Liaoning and Shaanxi dishes at Northwest Chinese Food, around the corner on Baltimore Avenue. She — and perhaps she alone — saw the potential for this time-honored Chinese dish to become a fast-casual heavyweight in the region.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Another new College Park eatery gets a great review in the Washington Post.

This new fast-casual shop serves the gratifying Chinese wrap that beats anything from Chipotle

CB Chinese Grill serves chun bing, which existed long before the burrito — or any Tex-Mex cooking.

CB Chinese Grill is the creation of Hua Wang, who gets my vote for restaurateur of the decade in College Park. She’s the same person responsible for the complex, multilayered Liaoning and Shaanxi dishes at Northwest Chinese Food, around the corner on Baltimore Avenue. She — and perhaps she alone — saw the potential for this time-honored Chinese dish to become a fast-casual heavyweight in the region.
Cool. I'll go try it out tomorrow for lunch.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Cool. I'll go try it out tomorrow for lunch.
Tried it out. It's okay. Surprised they had lamb. The wrap is pretty huge. No frills. Pretty straight forward.

THought about getting one of the t-shirts for my son. They wanted $38! The lady said Chinese culture, etc. etc. I'll eat Chinese culture for $12, but I'm not wearing it for $38. These are basic t-shirts that anyone can make with a Cricut machine for $5. I was willing to pay $20. But $38 is just unreasonable.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:46 PM

340 posts, read 377,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Tried it out. It's okay. Surprised they had lamb. The wrap is pretty huge. No frills. Pretty straight forward.

THought about getting one of the t-shirts for my son. They wanted $38! The lady said Chinese culture, etc. etc. I'll eat Chinese culture for $12, but I'm not wearing it for $38. These are basic t-shirts that anyone can make with a Cricut machine for $5. I was willing to pay $20. But $38 is just unreasonable.
I'm probably going to be harsh, I didn't like it. In general, it seemed to be regular carry out quality Chinese food wrapped in a story about how it's a old/classic Chinese cuisine masterpiece. It's kind of weird to me how these places, CB Grill in CP, Teppanyaki Grill in the Arts District, and Sushinado & Teriyaki at UTC are storied to be so much more than they are. They are modern carry outs.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post
I'm probably going to be harsh, I didn't like it. In general, it seemed to be regular carry out quality Chinese food wrapped in a story about how it's a old/classic Chinese cuisine masterpiece. It's kind of weird to me how these places, CB Grill in CP, Teppanyaki Grill in the Arts District, and Sushinado & Teriyaki at UTC are storied to be so much more than they are. They are modern carry outs.
YOu're not harsh at all. CB Grill is different. But not NW Chinese different. NW Chinese is different AND good (their Chinese burgers/buns) or Jumbo Jumbo (pretty awesome Taiwanese fried chicken).

Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 PM

662 posts, read 784,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughLow805 View Post

thanks to you and Adelphi for the review. I won't go now.I thought it was something unique

Old 04-26-2019, 10:04 AM

283 posts, read 322,821 times
https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...build-new.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland